My take on the death penalty.

Below is a post on the comments board, and while I'm inclined to agree I have to recall how many people have been exonerated after lengthy appeals and newly found evidence emerged.

Since 1999 the US has averaged 14,000 to 17,000 murders each year!!!! Since 1976 there have been 1491 total criminals executed for their crimes....wait for it....an average of 34 per year You have to be Ray Charles not to see the problem. Potential criminals NEVER get to see a convicted murderer pay for their crime. In some of these cases 24yrs later the murderer still hanging on. Maybe if we had 10-12 thousand executed each year potential criminals might get the message.

It's easy to jump on board the "kill 'em all" bandwagon when it comes to people convicted of heinous crimes. However there have been people sent to death row that were eventually exonerated because the prosecutors rail roaded them and suppressed evidence. If even one innocent man is killed by the state in our name, we are all murderess.

Now there are cases where there is no denial of guilt. There is video and DNA evidence that can not be refuted and commie lawyers enrich themselves by interfering with justice on asinine technical issues, not because they give a shit, they're making money.

This is why I fully stand behind the 2nd Amendment. People need to be responsible for their own safety. Many of the sociopaths in society would cease to exist if people would shoot them in the fuckin face when confronted by them.

Thugs have a way of culling themselves. I mean look at Chicago. Still, too many survive.

The death penalty is Barbarism

Only to those who think they may find themselves facing it one day.
Most civilized societies have abandoned it. We are the only nation in North or South America. Europe and even Russia don’t use it.
We are in the company of China and Muslim Countries that still enjoy a good execution

Eye for an eye.

That’s what Sharia Law says

In theory, I'm not opposed to the death penalty. But it's fair and proper administration depends upon an ethical and competent government. Given the corruption and debasement of our current society, we cannot trust the government with the power of the death penalty.

Most civilized societies have abandoned it. We are the only nation in North or South America. Europe and even Russia don’t use it.
We are in the company of China and Muslim Countries that still enjoy a good execution

Eye for an eye.

They also throw fags off of rooftops.

Eye for an eye.

Our Conservatives would do the same if we let them

In theory, I'm not opposed to the death penalty. But it's fair and proper administration depends upon an ethical and competent government. Given the corruption and debasement of our current society, we cannot trust the government with the power of the death penalty.

Kinda sorta agree.
It does have the potential for abuse.
In an open and shut case they should have a couple of months to get their shit in order.

Eye for an eye.

Yet you love your muslimes.

No, a life sentence does nothing of the sort. Haven't you ever seen Shawshank Redemption or Escape from Alcatraz? People do escape from prison including lifers. El Chapo has escaped twice already, no?

Those were both fictional.

El Chapo escaped twice and was captured twice.

Eye for an eye.

You are the one who supports executions like the Muslims do

Eye for an eye.

You are the one who supports executions like the Muslims do

You're the one who supports murderous muslimes.

The purpose of the death penalty is to protect the population from the worst of the worst.

Not only has a breach-proof prison never been built, how about protecting the other inmates.

If someone is serving time for a non-violent offense like Obstruction of Congress or Desecration of a Mattress Tag or Disrespect to the Homosexual Flag--- should they die at the hands of a Jeff Dahmer?
I second this. Some people make it as clear as glass that their being alive still does absolutely no favor to anyone else.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The purpose of the death penalty is to protect the population from the worst of the worst.

Not only has a breach-proof prison never been built, how about protecting the other inmates.

If someone is serving time for a non-violent offense like Obstruction of Congress or Desecration of a Mattress Tag or Disrespect to the Homosexual Flag--- should they die at the hands of a Jeff Dahmer?
I second this. Some people make it as clear as glass that their being alive still does absolutely no favor to anyone else.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
It is so convenient to just kill them.

Other countries manage not to sink to Government sanctioned killing

Below is a post on the comments board, and while I'm inclined to agree I have to recall how many people have been exonerated after lengthy appeals and newly found evidence emerged.

Since 1999 the US has averaged 14,000 to 17,000 murders each year!!!! Since 1976 there have been 1491 total criminals executed for their crimes....wait for it....an average of 34 per year You have to be Ray Charles not to see the problem. Potential criminals NEVER get to see a convicted murderer pay for their crime. In some of these cases 24yrs later the murderer still hanging on. Maybe if we had 10-12 thousand executed each year potential criminals might get the message.

It's easy to jump on board the "kill 'em all" bandwagon when it comes to people convicted of heinous crimes. However there have been people sent to death row that were eventually exonerated because the prosecutors rail roaded them and suppressed evidence. If even one innocent man is killed by the state in our name, we are all murderess.

Now there are cases where there is no denial of guilt. There is video and DNA evidence that can not be refuted and commie lawyers enrich themselves by interfering with justice on asinine technical issues, not because they give a shit, they're making money.

This is why I fully stand behind the 2nd Amendment. People need to be responsible for their own safety. Many of the sociopaths in society would cease to exist if people would shoot them in the fuckin face when confronted by them.

How is executing someone after 20-30 years for a crime they did not commit more barbaric than incarcerating them for 50 or more years and having them die of natural causes in prison?

Most of these guys aren't being defended on the merits during appeals, it's on technicalities, often involving the process of the execution itself.

A life sentence protects the public just as well and doesn’t force a society to revert to barbarism
Why don't they sever the spine of the convicted killer?It's totally painless.They do it to babies every day.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Its not very convenient at all. How many years have they been working on the execution of Nidal Hasan? Every liberal in the country wants to say this islamonazi from the gallows.

A life sentence protects the public just as well and doesn’t force a society to revert to barbarism
Why don't they sever the spine of the convicted killer?It's totally painless.They do it to babies every day.

<sob>. But, but.....What about ABORTION?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Its not very convenient at all. How many years have they been working on the execution of Nidal Hasan? Every liberal in the country wants to say this islamonazi from the gallows.
I don’t want to use the gallows on anyone

It is uncivilized

No such thing as a life sentence when you have democrats letting them go.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I don’t want to use the gallows on anyone

It is uncivilized

And what Hasan did was "civilized" in your liberal opinion?

Forum List

Back