N.J. teacher suspended over Trump yearbook censorship

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

WALL, N.J. — The Wall High School teacher and adviser of the yearbook club has been suspended due to alleged censorship of images and quotes by students supporting President Trump.

Superintendent Cheryl Dyer said Monday that the teacher, who she declined to name, was suspended "pending further disciplinary action" from the school board.

On the high school's website, the yearbook club's adviser is listed as Susan Parsons. According to public records, she collected an $87,950 salary last year.

"I don't have definitive answers to all of my questions yet, but I knew enough at this point to get board approval to take that action," Dyer said.

Dyer declined to identify what disciplinary action could be taken. Termination would require the board to file tenure charges against her.

According to her LinkedIn page, Parsons has worked in the district for 15 years.

On her yearbook class's website within the district homepage, Parsons includes "photo editing" as one of the "real world skills" that students learn during yearbook production.

She did not return a call to her home seeking comment. In an interview with the New York Post, she said “we have never made any action against any political party.

But when asked if she knew who altered the photos, Parsons simply said, “I’m going to hang up.”

The students' had shirts on that said "Trump" and "Make America Great Again." The teacher took it upon herself to photoshop the pictures to take out any reference to Trump.

Here kids are finally getting interested in current events and getting their nose out of their phone. This is the first election they paid attention to and wanted their yearbook picture to memoralize their experience. It was not against the rules.

WALL, N.J. — The Wall High School teacher and adviser of the yearbook club has been suspended due to alleged censorship of images and quotes by students supporting President Trump.

Superintendent Cheryl Dyer said Monday that the teacher, who she declined to name, was suspended "pending further disciplinary action" from the school board.

On the high school's website, the yearbook club's adviser is listed as Susan Parsons. According to public records, she collected an $87,950 salary last year.

"I don't have definitive answers to all of my questions yet, but I knew enough at this point to get board approval to take that action," Dyer said.

Dyer declined to identify what disciplinary action could be taken. Termination would require the board to file tenure charges against her.

According to her LinkedIn page, Parsons has worked in the district for 15 years.

On her yearbook class's website within the district homepage, Parsons includes "photo editing" as one of the "real world skills" that students learn during yearbook production.

She did not return a call to her home seeking comment. In an interview with the New York Post, she said “we have never made any action against any political party.

But when asked if she knew who altered the photos, Parsons simply said, “I’m going to hang up.”

The students' had shirts on that said "Trump" and "Make America Great Again." The teacher took it upon herself to photoshop the pictures to take out any reference to Trump.

Here kids are finally getting interested in current events and getting their nose out of their phone. This is the first election they paid attention to and wanted their yearbook picture to memoralize their experience. It was not against the rules.

Typical censorship leftists.

I was wondering, did she take it upon herself to remove "Hillary" t-shirts? That should not have been removed either.

That is a good question because if she did then she may have been just enforcing a policy of not allowing any political messages into the yearbook. On the other hand, I don't know if a shirt necessarily qualifies as a political platform.

free speech.jpeg

Suspending the teacher seems to be an over reaction IMHO. Perhaps editing the pictures was not the right thing to do, but I don't think it's really harming any students. I think a simple "Don't do that again in the future" is in order.

Suspending the teacher seems to be an over reaction IMHO. Perhaps editing the pictures was not the right thing to do, but I don't think it's really harming any students. I think a simple "Don't do that again in the future" is in order.
She altered a high school yearbook. Not only should she be fired, the students should sue her. The city isn't paying her for her ignorant political beliefs.

She altered a high school yearbook. Not only should she be fired, the students should sue her. The city isn't paying her for her ignorant political beliefs.

Its going to cost someone mucho $$$$ to correct. She is liable for the bill IMO

-Geaux

What if they have to reprint the yearbooks because of this? I don't know if that will happen but I doubt it would be cheap to do so.

Okay, so what! It's not like she raped or killed someone. What is the detrimental effect of doing this? Very little in my opinion. So Trump's name was removed from a shirt in a picture and a few other incidences like that. The effect that is going to have on anything that really matters is zero.

What if they have to reprint the yearbooks because of this? I don't know if that will happen but I doubt it would be cheap to do so.
Reprinting the yearbooks because of this would be stupid. Not going to happen.

This shows how crazed we've become.

The teacher just couldn't fucking leave it alone.

I can't imagine going through life like that.

Actually, I believe the parents are. They want all pictures to be taken again and a new yearbook issued.

This shows how crazed we've become.

The teacher just couldn't fucking leave it alone.

I can't imagine going through life like that.
Me either. They have to gtrow us sometime...I would think.

It's an under reaction. She will surely still get paid. Can her and take away any retirement and benefits she has. That's the appropriate reaction.

The person that caused it should pay for it out of their 90k.

It's an under reaction. She will surely still get paid. Can her and take away any retirement and benefits she has. That's the appropriate reaction.
I don't know. She should get the retirement she earned with the years of service. Take the job of Yearbook Facilitator away from her for sure.

Forum List

Back