NAACP leader/liberal judge won't marry gay couple

Black judge NAACP leader refuses to perform lesbian wedding and libs go BERSERK BizPac Review

“I declined to marry a non-traditional couple during my duties assignment,” McConnell said, according to the Huffington Post. “The declination was based upon my personal and Christian beliefs established over many years. I apologize to the couple for the delay they experienced and wish them the best.”
Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/07/09/black-judge-naacp-leader-refuses-to-perform-lesbian-wedding-and-libs-go-berserk-222712#ixzz3fWptwJr
Anyone who refuses to do the job listed in their job description should be canned....simple.

Worked out the way it should.

He didn't want to, someone who wanted to did. Bingo.

No doubt the PC Police are disappointed they couldn't ruin him.

This time. If the next civil servant also refused? And the next?

It happened to black men like this judge when they tried to marry white women.

Makes this civil servant's actions all the more unconscionable.
Plenty of judges, plenty of bakers, plenty of photographers. Nobody's rights are being violated.

This isn't like the 1950s when your party was dominant in society and there was only one restaurant in town and it had a whites-only sign.

Really? You don't think there are places in America today where no gay or Muslim could get service?

He's a civil servant. He should do his job or lose it, period.

He has to go. All he did is forsake his assigned job and gave it to someone else. If he feels comfortable with that, then why not make it permanent?

He has to go. All he did is forsake his assigned job and gave it to someone else. If he feels comfortable with that, then why not make it permanent?

Judges are not required to perform weddings. They can if they wish to but it's not mandated

Judges are not required to perform weddings. They can if they wish to but it's not mandated

Was it his duty, his assignment, to marry the couple? If so, and he has no problem forsaken it, then why should he stay as a judge?

His religious convictions is telling him to quit. Why hasn't he?

Was it his duty, his assignment, to marry the couple? If so, and he has no problem forsaken it, then why should he stay as a judge?

Maybe he's hoping he can cash in thru GoFundMe and jump on the current anti-gay gravy train.

I said a judge is not required to perform marriages. It's not difficult to grasp, he if doesn't want to do it he's not required to do it

I said a judge is not required to perform marriages. It's not difficult to grasp, he if doesn't want to do it he's not required to do it
Prove that it isn't part of his job description.

Why would anyone want someone to perform the ceremony if they knew a person was against it. Oh wait....part of that you must conform for us BS. The couple got married....let it go

Why would anyone want someone to perform the ceremony if they knew a person was against it. Oh wait....part of that you must conform for us BS. The couple got married....let it go
Got that proof that a judge isn't required to do marriages yet? You've been asked to prove it twice already? Having trouble?

It is the other way around

Concerning an interracial marriage where the judge refused

"Judges have an obligation to honor their state and country’s constitutions and laws. Furthermore, judges are public officials. They are under an obligation to conduct their official duties in good faith, fairly and impartially. If they fail to meet these obligations, their actions can amount to misconduct. Such actions aren’t only damaging to the judge or the couples affected, but also to the reputation and integrity of public agencies and officials."

Judge Refuses to Wed Interracial Couple

Be it interracial or same-sex, the following applies.

"Judges have an obligation to honor their state and country’s constitutions and laws. Furthermore, judges are public officials. They are under an obligation to conduct their official duties in good faith, fairly and impartially. If they fail to meet these obligations, their actions can amount to misconduct. Such actions aren’t only damaging to the judge or the couples affected, but also to the reputation and integrity of public agencies and officials."

You all will get over it. Stop your whining, bawling and crying. Life goes on.

Got that proof that a judge isn't required to do marriages yet? You've been asked to prove it twice already? Having trouble?
Actually he has asked some panel to review this very question and if they mandate it, he will do it, but he won't believe in it nor support it.

Sounds like a wedding made in heaven. Being married by someone who is forced to marry you against his will.

You all will get over it. Stop your whining, bawling and crying. Life goes on.
So...you can't prove your statement. Color me surprised.

I wouldn't want to be married by someone who didn't believe in what I was doing.

Actually he has asked some panel to review this very question and if they mandate it, he will do it, but he won't believe in it nor support it.

Sounds like a wedding made in heaven. Being married by someone who is forced to marry you against his will.

I have my doubts anyone mandated it. My husband was appointed to fill out the term of a judge who passed away and he was told it was his choice if he wanted to perform ceremonies. He opted out of it.

Forum List

Back