NAACP leader/liberal judge won't marry gay couple

Judges are not required to perform weddings. They can if they wish to but it's not mandated

Was it his duty, his assignment, to marry the couple? If so, and he has no problem forsaken it, then why should he stay as a judge?

His religious convictions is telling him to quit. Why hasn't he?

I said a judge is not required to perform marriages. It's not difficult to grasp, he if doesn't want to do it he's not required to do it
Prove that it isn't part of his job description.
It is the other way around

Concerning an interracial marriage where the judge refused

"Judges have an obligation to honor their state and country’s constitutions and laws. Furthermore, judges are public officials. They are under an obligation to conduct their official duties in good faith, fairly and impartially. If they fail to meet these obligations, their actions can amount to misconduct. Such actions aren’t only damaging to the judge or the couples affected, but also to the reputation and integrity of public agencies and officials."

Judge Refuses to Wed Interracial Couple

Be it interracial or same-sex, the following applies.

You all will get over it. Stop your whining, bawling and crying. Life goes on.
So...you can't prove your statement. Color me surprised.
Would you want to be married by him?

That's the thing gays are living in a pretend world. People forced to do stuff isn't acceptance. It's all fake.

>

I think it’s time for a reasonable person to chime in.

Since they don’t post on this board I’ll do my best.

When an employee objects to the performance of some duties related to their job on religious grounds, then the employer (whether a private or public organization) must review the circumstances and make “reasonable accommodations” for the request.

That does not mean that any request must be accommodated, it means that “reasonable accommodations” must be made. If there is no “reasonable accommodation” available and the employee continues refuse to do perform their duties, then there are grounds for termination. The other side of the coin is that if reasonable accommodations are available and the employee is terminated anyway, then the employer becomes liable for damages against wrongful termination of the employee.

What a “reasonable accommodations”? Exceptions to dress codes where safety is not an issue. Lateral transfers to a similar job but does not have the offending duties. Rescheduling or reallocation of work when such actions don’t have an impact on overall performance of required tasks.

That other side of that coin is that the employer is not required to take on an “undue hardship” to accommodate a religious request. What is an “undue hardship”? Costs over de minimis (Latin for too trivial or minor to merit consideration). An employer doesn’t have to hire additional staff to take on the duties the employee is requesting not to have to do. Failure of the organization to perform it’s function because the employee refuses to do their work.

In this case we have a municipal Judge refusing to perform a duty. From my reading of the article Judges take a rotation on the performance of Civil Weddings. The primary question is “Is this a required function of the job (a ‘shall’ perform function) or is it voluntary (a ‘may’ perform function). If it is a “shall” perform job duty, then hiring additional staff isn’t required. Having to have other Judges take additional rotations would negatively impact their job performance for their case loads so wouldn’t be required either. On the other hand if it is a “may” perform function and the Judges volunteer for rotations, then the Judge may be perfectly fine in refusing to perform Civil Weddings. On the other hand if he is performing Civil Marriages as an official function during regular work hours for different-sex couples but refuses the same considerations for same-sex couples, then he and is employer might be open to civil action.

http://www.adl.org/assets/pdf/civil-...Place-docx.pdf
http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/wy...ommodation.cfm
Questions and Answers about Religious Discrimination in the Workplace

>>>>

Why would anyone want someone to perform the ceremony if they knew a person was against it. Oh wait....part of that you must conform for us BS. The couple got married....let it go
Got that proof that a judge isn't required to do marriages yet? You've been asked to prove it twice already? Having trouble?
Actually he has asked some panel to review this very question and if they mandate it, he will do it, but he won't believe in it nor support it.

Sounds like a wedding made in heaven. Being married by someone who is forced to marry you against his will.

Happens all the time--did you not know?

Why would anyone want someone to perform the ceremony if they knew a person was against it. Oh wait....part of that you must conform for us BS. The couple got married....let it go
Got that proof that a judge isn't required to do marriages yet? You've been asked to prove it twice already? Having trouble?
Actually he has asked some panel to review this very question and if they mandate it, he will do it, but he won't believe in it nor support it.

Sounds like a wedding made in heaven. Being married by someone who is forced to marry you against his will.

I have my doubts anyone mandated it. My husband was appointed to fill out the term of a judge who passed away and he was told it was his choice if he wanted to perform ceremonies. He opted out of it.

I think that's what he is going to try and do. But he's not sure, after the new ruling about gay marriage, if he can.

"Judges have an obligation to honor their state and country’s constitutions and laws. Furthermore, judges are public officials. They are under an obligation to conduct their official duties in good faith, fairly and impartially. If they fail to meet these obligations, their actions can amount to misconduct. Such actions aren’t only damaging to the judge or the couples affected, but also to the reputation and integrity of public agencies and officials."

I wouldn't want to be married by someone who didn't believe in what I was doing.

Yeah, well if you just wanted to be married, bought your goddamn license and waited in line for an official to marry you, you'd expect that public servant to just do his or her fucking job wouldn't you?

I have my doubts anyone mandated it. My husband was appointed to fill out the term of a judge who passed away and he was told it was his choice if he wanted to perform ceremonies. He opted out of it.

I think that's what he is going to try and do. But he's not sure, after the new ruling about gay marriage, if he can.

There is a judge in Texas that opted out of all them. It's all stupid. The homos got married. Much ado about nothing

Happens all the time--did you not know?
I do know. I'm saying I wouldn't want it nor do it.

I wouldn't want to be married by someone who didn't believe in what I was doing.

Yeah, well if you just wanted to be married, bought your goddamn license and waited in line for an official to marry you, you'd expect that public servant to just do his or her fucking job wouldn't you?
I wouldn't get married by a judge in a court house to begin with. Where is the romance in that?

There is a judge in Texas that opted out of all them. It's all stupid. The homos got married. Much ado about nothing

That absolutely is an option. If you say you do it, you do them all. If you opt out, you opt out of all. No picking and choosing which taxpayer you will serve.

That's probably what he will have to do. Just opt out of marrying all people.

Worked out the way it should.

He didn't want to, someone who wanted to did. Bingo.

No doubt the PC Police are disappointed they couldn't ruin him.

This time. If the next civil servant also refused? And the next?

It happened to black men like this judge when they tried to marry white women.

Makes this civil servant's actions all the more unconscionable.
Well, maybe you can get him fired.

He shouldn't be a civil servant if he can't serve the taxpaying populace.
Please don't tell me you're surprised by this. And we both know, sadly, that there is more of this to come, perhaps a lot more.

You have had public opinion moving your way for years. Gay marriage has been inevitable for, what, at least a decade. Good, nice to see. And instead of guiding it home by changing hearts and minds with patience and reason, you have chosen to force and intimidate and punish and attack and control.

Did you really think that this type of behavior was not going to exacerbate animosities and tensions? Really?

Maybe this should be considered good news. No doubt you'll have several more opportunities to issue "consequences". Have at it, that'll change hearts and minds, I'm sure.

Oh please. The guy is a public servant, not a bigot baker. He is not doing his job. If I refused to serve Republicans in MY job, I'd lose it. He should lose his for not doing his job, period.
Soon the leftist and the gay mafia will be coming after religious institutions. You haven't seen anything yet sweetie.

I wouldn't get married by a judge in a court house to begin with. Where is the romance in that?

That is a deflection from the question. If you had paid your fee and waited in line like everyone else, you would expect to be served like all the all taxpaying citizens in the clerks office.

This time. If the next civil servant also refused? And the next?

It happened to black men like this judge when they tried to marry white women.

Makes this civil servant's actions all the more unconscionable.

Please don't tell me you're surprised by this. And we both know, sadly, that there is more of this to come, perhaps a lot more.

You have had public opinion moving your way for years. Gay marriage has been inevitable for, what, at least a decade. Good, nice to see. And instead of guiding it home by changing hearts and minds with patience and reason, you have chosen to force and intimidate and punish and attack and control.

Did you really think that this type of behavior was not going to exacerbate animosities and tensions? Really?

Maybe this should be considered good news. No doubt you'll have several more opportunities to issue "consequences". Have at it, that'll change hearts and minds, I'm sure.

Oh please. The guy is a public servant, not a bigot baker. He is not doing his job. If I refused to serve Republicans in MY job, I'd lose it. He should lose his for not doing his job, period.
Soon the leftist and the gay mafia will be coming after religious institutions. You haven't seen anything yet sweetie.

Going after them how? Using public opinion to help them along into the 21st century? Been doing that for decades. Welcome back Rip.

Going after them how? Using public opinion to help them along into the 21st century? Been doing that for decades. Welcome back Rip.
Forcing them to perform homosexual "marriage"... it wont be so easy for you. So you have a homosexual supreme court justice to do your bidding. Can his flawed,bias, decision to force Churches to perform gay "marriage" like i say, not gong to be so easy.

Public opinion that's been brainwashed into kids since they were 5 years old? That's not opinion that's mind control.

"NAACP leader/liberal judge won't marry gay couple"

So you decided to start a thread about it to exhibit your ignorance of a hasty generalization fallacy.
Ha I'm not the ignorant one. It's the liberals that think this only angers conservatives.

Some conservative don't care some liberals do.

Christians outnumber any group in the country so you might want to see they are all colors and come from all sides of the political spectrum.

And there are more avenues for gays to overcome than just bakeries and churches.

Forcing them to perform homosexual "marriage"... it wont be so easy for you. So you have a homosexual supreme court justice to do your bidding. Can his flawed,bias, decision to force Churches to perform gay "marriage" like i say, not gong to be so easy.

The government isn't forcing them, Skippy, their congregations are. (As it should be)

Public opinion that's been brainwashed into kids since they were 5 years old? That's not opinion that's mind control.

Nope...but interesting that you think so. It's family members and loved ones wanting to worship and celebrate with their LGBT family members and friends that is "forcing" churches to change. (pretty quickly too)

National Congregations Study finds more church acceptance of gays and lesbians

PF_14.09.23_Congregations.png

Forum List

Back