NAACP racists run into people who aren't afraid of them!

I notice the writer of the article let his ignorance and bias leak through in describing the song "Dixie"...

....over 500 people showed up at the Effingham County High School Board meeting on Tuesday to debate whether the school should stop using a Confederate soldier mascot and the pro-slavery anthem “Dixie” as a fight song.
He' simply not as ignorant of history as you are.

This has nothing to do with me...he is assuredly ignorant about history. There's nothing pro slavery about Dixie, boy.
If you are ignorant enough ( already displayed) to believe that Dixie isn't a proslavery song, it's no wonder you have mistaken me for one of your bed partners...

show us the line that mentions slavery, boy.....
Still got me mixed up with your sex partners...smh.

The first thru the last.

Dont' see a think in there that's racist.

can you be a little more specific?
You dont see a "think" in there thats racist? Did you mean "thing"?

nope, not a thing that is racist.

and thanks for pointing out the typo.

Well you dont have good reading comprehension so I expect you to miss the racism and the yearning for "wonderful" years of slavery in the south. No worries..

Well you dont have good reading comprehension so I expect you to miss the racism

My comprehension is fine.

Point out the racism, if it's so blatant
Your comprehension is terrible. You thought "media" meant "repossession". I already pointed out the pro slavery/racism. Your comprehension seriously needs some work.

Dont' see a think in there that's racist.

can you be a little more specific?

Well you dont have good reading comprehension so I expect you to miss the racism and the yearning for "wonderful" years of slavery in the south. No worries..

Well you dont have good reading comprehension so I expect you to miss the racism

Your comprehension is terrible. You thought "media" meant "repossession". I already pointed out the pro slavery/racism. Your comprehension seriously needs some work.

You thought "media" meant "repossession"

I did? Why did you get that erroneous impression?

I already pointed out the pro slavery/racism.

Where?

All I saw you post was that whole song is racist

Your comprehension needs some work.

not mine

yours

Where?

not mine

yours
I got it from you.

I posted the first part of the song. Earlier in the thread. See what I mean about your reading comprehension?

Yes yours.

I notice the writer of the article let his ignorance and bias leak through in describing the song "Dixie"...

....over 500 people showed up at the Effingham County High School Board meeting on Tuesday to debate whether the school should stop using a Confederate soldier mascot and the pro-slavery anthem “Dixie” as a fight song.

This has nothing to do with me...he is assuredly ignorant about history. There's nothing pro slavery about Dixie, boy.
If you are ignorant enough ( already displayed) to believe that Dixie isn't a proslavery song, it's no wonder you have mistaken me for one of your bed partners...

so you abandoned your position and are now trying to create a distraction....TNB, boy...

The song was like many other minstrel show songs of the time. It was narrated by a Southern slave who told a tale about “Ole Missus” and her husband Will. The specifics of the tale were not important, though. In fact, if you read the lyrics today, it’s hard to understand why audiences found them so hilarious. But that’s because the humor in minstrel show songs had little to do with the words sung. Instead, audiences were entertained by the manner in which the song and dance routines were performed. In minstrel shows, white actors put on blackface by covering their faces with burnt cork and then talked, sang, and danced in a manner believed typical of African slaves.

These imitations were grotesque stereotypes, crude and racist. And “Dixie” was typical of the formula. Emmett’s narrator sang in the broken English believed typical of slaves (“Old Missus marry Will-de-weaber / Willium was a gay deceaber”), and the words suggested that slaves were fat and happy in their lives (“Dar's buck-wheat cakes an 'Ingen' batter, makes you fat or a little fatter”). Most important, the song suggested that, contrary to all the talk of reformers and abolitionists, slaves were not interested in trading slavery for freedom. Far from it, according to the song: they wished they were “in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!”

But almost as quickly as “Dixie” became a hit, it was surrounded by controversy. Southern secessionists, intent on withdrawing from the Union now that Abraham Lincoln had been elected president, embraced the song as an anthem. Most of the lyrics were unimportant, but one line in particular resonated with their cause: “In Dixie Land I'll take my stand to live and die in Dixie.” And so when South Carolinians met in a special convention to decide whether to withdraw from the Union, a band played “Dixie” every time a delegate voted in favor of secession. And two months later, when Jefferson Davis was inaugurated president of the Confederate States of America, the band also played “Dixie.”

Where?

not mine

yours
I got it from you.

I posted the first part of the song. Earlier in the thread. See what I mean about your reading comprehension?

Yes yours.

What was racist about it?

Specifically?

so you abandoned your position and are now trying to create a distraction....TNB, boy...
Are your partners even old enough to give a decent reach around???... What is it with you guys and sodomy???

The song was like many other minstrel show songs of the time. It was narrated by a Southern slave who told a tale about “Ole Missus” and her husband Will. The specifics of the tale were not important, though. In fact, if you read the lyrics today, it’s hard to understand why audiences found them so hilarious. But that’s because the humor in minstrel show songs had little to do with the words sung. Instead, audiences were entertained by the manner in which the song and dance routines were performed. In minstrel shows, white actors put on blackface by covering their faces with burnt cork and then talked, sang, and danced in a manner believed typical of African slaves.

These imitations were grotesque stereotypes, crude and racist. And “Dixie” was typical of the formula. Emmett’s narrator sang in the broken English believed typical of slaves (“Old Missus marry Will-de-weaber / Willium was a gay deceaber”), and the words suggested that slaves were fat and happy in their lives (“Dar's buck-wheat cakes an 'Ingen' batter, makes you fat or a little fatter”). Most important, the song suggested that, contrary to all the talk of reformers and abolitionists, slaves were not interested in trading slavery for freedom. Far from it, according to the song: they wished they were “in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!”

But almost as quickly as “Dixie” became a hit, it was surrounded by controversy. Southern secessionists, intent on withdrawing from the Union now that Abraham Lincoln had been elected president, embraced the song as an anthem. Most of the lyrics were unimportant, but one line in particular resonated with their cause: “In Dixie Land I'll take my stand to live and die in Dixie.” And so when South Carolinians met in a special convention to decide whether to withdraw from the Union, a band played “Dixie” every time a delegate voted in favor of secession. And two months later, when Jefferson Davis was inaugurated president of the Confederate States of America, the band also played “Dixie.”
White boys like Rotilla and William are too stupid to comprehend history. You may have just blown their minds.

Where?

not mine

yours
I got it from you.

Yes yours.

Specifically?
Everything. Pick a sentence

The song was like many other minstrel show songs of the time. It was narrated by a Southern slave who told a tale about “Ole Missus” and her husband Will. The specifics of the tale were not important, though. In fact, if you read the lyrics today, it’s hard to understand why audiences :blahblah:the words sung. Instead, audiences were entertained by the manner in which the song and dance routines were performed. In minstrel shows, white actors put on blackface by covering their faces with burnt cork and then talked, sang, and danced in a manner believed typical of African slaves.

:blahblah:

:lalala:

Where?

not mine

yours
I got it from you.

Yes yours.

Specifically?

YOU pick one,

and point out, specifically, how it is racist

The song was like many other minstrel show songs of the time. It was narrated by a Southern slave who told a tale about “Ole Missus” and her husband Will. The specifics of the tale were not important, though. In fact, if you read the lyrics today, it’s hard to understand why audiences :blahblah:the words sung. Instead, audiences were entertained by the manner in which the song and dance routines were performed. In minstrel shows, white actors put on blackface by covering their faces with burnt cork and then talked, sang, and danced in a manner believed typical of African slaves.

:blahblah:

:lalala:
Aka...you have been made the fool and are butt hurt...got it!!!

We should put the Dixie singers into a reservation, so they can live out their customs as they wish. It's how we've treated other people who had a different idea of freedom than the American one, after all.

Where?

not mine

yours
I got it from you.

Yes yours.

Specifically?

YOU pick one,

and point out, specifically, how it is racist
I already picked one.

Oh...so there's nothing actually "racist" about it...just some leftist propaganda site reinterpreting and assigning meanings that aren't there.

Well,that's tough, boy...people are waking up and negro attacks on european heritage and culture are losing traction every day ....except with their far left enablers who want to keep negroes on the plantation and voting the way they want them to.

Obama's political stunt of inviting millions more illegal squatters to the U.S. is going to make your race an even smaller minority.

....and if you actually want to work for a living your chances of landing a job are disappearing fast.

Add to that, illegals are not scared of your race, and they do not fear being punished for doing something that "offends" your race.
But most of all they have not had a false sense of 'guilt' beaten into them...that means that they will not cater to your race like white apologists do.

Your days of being spoiled rotten and being taken care of by "evil whitey" will end when the foreign invaders finally become the majority...and obama is making it happen ASAP. I don't see your voting habits changing to better yourselves.

White boys like Rotilla and William are too stupid to comprehend history. You may have just blown their minds.

NO...

what blows my mind is how you consider it racist.

"Live and die in Dixie"

written 10+ years before the war?

More like, this is where I live, and where I want to live here til I die.

Forum List

Back