Naming Your Child “Jesus”...

Also worth noting that throughout much of the early CE history of Europe Rome dictated religious belief.

False. 'Rome' didn't dictate anything; the feudal Lords ran their fiefs as they saw fit. 'Rome' itself was never in agreement among itself most of the time, and in any case most of the population in Europe was illiterate, never knew anything about Christianity, and the peasantry remained largely pagan in belief and outlook.

Stormy did not SPECIFY what she considered
"EARLY CE HISTORY" It is clear to me that she did not fling herself back to the DRUIDS---With the infliction of Christianity on Europe---it WAS ROME THAT RULED

Also worth noting that throughout much of the early CE history of Europe Rome dictated religious belief.

False. 'Rome' didn't dictate anything; the feudal Lords ran their fiefs as they saw fit. 'Rome' itself was never in agreement among itself most of the time, and in any case most of the population in Europe was illiterate, never knew anything about Christianity, and the peasantry remained largely pagan in belief and outlook.

"EARLY CE HISTORY" It is clear to me that she did not fling herself back to the DRUIDS---With the infliction of Christianity on Europe---it WAS ROME THAT RULED

'Rome' was a tiny city state; it didn't even 'rule' the streets outside the Vatican. The later Roman Catholic church wasn't much either until the 14th century, and peaked maybe right before the Reformation, and diminished again. You retarded morons apparently think every little hamlet from Gibraltar to Smolensk had a 8 foot tall Torquemada running around terrorizing everyone for 2,000 years with written personal permission from a Pope giving them absolute power over all in existence or some such rubbish.

Jesus and God are considered holy names. No mortal should take on their name, they should remain unique. Abraham, Isaac, etc are not holy names and can be used.

Who says so? When god sent his son he got a widespread totally normal Jewish name.

So, who were 'Jews' before Abraham?

Jews.

There was no such tribe,

Tribe? Abraham was a man - and he was the father of the children of his wife. He is protagonized to be the first Jew, that's all. You could also call his mother or father the first Jew - or Adam and Eve.

so would Abraham and Sarah technically be Gentiles?

Gentiles? Who cares?

He paid tribute to a non-Jewish King.

Did he? So what?

That would make his sons the first Jews, theoretically anyway.

Thanks god I'm not a theologist, practically I'm only a Christian.

I guess one could claim God re-invented them as 'Jews', in the 'Born Again' sense of evangelical practices.

In what way?

This raises an issue of why the obsessions with genealogies and the like, and the 'racial purity' farce that was the focus of Orthodox Jewish life re the 'exiles' and the advent of the dissident movements that came along after 300 B.C. or so that generated the schism between the real Jews, Christians and messianic Jews,

Messianic Jews don't exist. Who believes in Christ is a Christian.

and the racist nazi Jews …

End of "discussion", Nazi. Why is a godless man like you interested in speaking about religion?

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Picaro

Why do you think it is funny when a man, who lost a lot of Jewish family members in the Holocaust, has to call you "Nazi", because it is his duty to do so?

Jews.[/quote]

Nope. Jews didn't exist.

There was no such tribe,

Tribe? Abraham was a man - and he was the father of the children of his wife. He is protagonized to be the first Jew, that's all. You could also call his mother or father the first Jew - or Adam and Eve.

And your problem with that is what, exactly? U mad?

Gentiles? Who cares?

Racist Jews. If you don't care, why are you sniveling?

Did he? So what?

So why do you care, again?

Apparently not. You're just a troll, with no points to make. IF you're not into 'theology', then why are you babbling here, sniveling about a theological discussion?

I guess one could claim God re-invented them as 'Jews', in the 'Born Again' sense of evangelical practices.

In what way?

By being 'born again. stupid. What other way do you think I was referring to? If you're going to troll, try to post something besides retarded questions.

This raises an issue of why the obsessions with genealogies and the like, and the 'racial purity' farce that was the focus of Orthodox Jewish life re the 'exiles' and the advent of the dissident movements that came along after 300 B.C. or so that generated the schism between the real Jews, Christians and messianic Jews,

Messianic Jews don't exist.

They think they do, so you opinions are moot; and stupid.

Who believes in Christ is a Christian.

You mean like Lucifer? ...

End of "discussion", Nazi. Why is a godless man like you interested in speaking about religion?

Fuck off. Ultra-Orthodox and Orthodox Jews are just like Nazis in their 'Master Race' BS. Whether or not you like that is of no relevance. They matter because they make up over 20% at the least of ethnic Jewish people, and they're growing.

Last edited:
Picaro

Why do you think it is funny when a man, who lost a lot of Jewish family members in the Holocaust, has to call you "Nazi", because it is his duty to do so?

You don't get to spout anything you want or get free rides because of 'The Holocaust'. You don't get to be some racist POS because of it, either. That's just how it is. Don't like it, stick to posting on racist Orthodox forums.

In Islam its Quite Popular to name your male child Mohammed. No one gets upset. Unless of course you spell it wrong.
But in Christianity I’ve noticed something quite odd. Hispanics name their male children Jesus quite frequently. Yet... I’ve never known any white Protestant males named Jesus. So I thought to myself perhaps this is a Catholic tradition. But then I got to thinking about it... And I realized that I had never heard of a white catholic male named Jesus...
But then again I’m not sure that christianity forbids naming your child Jesus in the Bible so...
What’s the deal? Why the difference? Do some sects of Christianity deem this practice heretical, while others consider it a mark of honor? Why? Just wondering about the difference in the custom. Thanks.
In Islam its Quite Popular to name your male child Mohammed. No one gets upset. Unless of course you spell it wrong.
But in Christianity I’ve noticed something quite odd. Hispanics name their male children Jesus quite frequently. Yet... I’ve never known any white Protestant males named Jesus. So I thought to myself perhaps this is a Catholic tradition. But then I got to thinking about it... And I realized that I had never heard of a white catholic male named Jesus...
But then again I’m not sure that christianity forbids naming your child Jesus in the Bible so...
What’s the deal? Why the difference? Do some sects of Christianity deem this practice heretical, while others consider it a mark of honor? Why? Just wondering about the difference in the custom. Thanks.
His actual name was Joshua, pronounced Yeshua. A common name 2,000 years ago.

Jews.

Nope. Jews didn't exist.

There was no such tribe,

Gentiles? Who cares?

Did he? So what?

Apparently not. You're just a troll, with no points to make. IF you're not into 'theology', then why are you babbling here, sniveling about a theological discussion?

In what way?

By being 'born again. stupid. What other way do you think I was referring to? If you're going to troll, try to post something besides retarded questions.

Fuck off. Ultra-Orthodox and Orthodox Jews are just like Nazis in their 'Master Race' BS. Whether or not you like that is of no relevance. They matter because they make up over 20% at the least of ethnic Jewish people, and they're growing.

I don't see any sense to say anything to this nonsense here. I don't think what you say has only a little to do with the Christian religion nor with the political reality in the world today.

Last edited:
there is no evidence that either Jesus or Mary or Joseph spoke greek. Not even the angel Gabriel spoke (speaks) greek

Aramaic - they spoke Aramaic.

they spoke Hebraized Aramaic. Written in Hebrew
characters and including lots and lots of actual
Hebrew words and imagery------or you could call it
Talmudic aramaic

So what?

you seem to have imagined that it was SYRIAC ARAMAIC

'Rome' was a tiny city state; it didn't even 'rule' the streets outside the Vatican. The later Roman Catholic church wasn't much either until the 14th century, and peaked maybe right before the Reformation, and diminished again. You retarded morons apparently think every little hamlet from Gibraltar to Smolensk had a 8 foot tall Torquemada running around terrorizing everyone for 2,000 years with written personal permission from a Pope giving them absolute power over all in existence or some such rubbish.

you are delusional. Who mentioned
Torquemada ? Rome controlled an empire---
remarkable for a little town. To what time period
to you live in your toxic delirium

Jews.

Nope. Jews didn't exist.

There was no such tribe,

Gentiles? Who cares?

Did he? So what?

In what way?

I don't see any sense to say anything to this nonsense here. I don't think what you say has only a little to do with the Christian religion.

idiots often descend into semantic "arguments"----
the last refuge of the damaged brain

His actual name was Joshua, pronounced Yeshua. A common name 2,000 years ago.
But why don’t non Hispanic Christians name their children Jesus? The same name and spelling as the Christian messiah? I understand that there are variations on the theme; but I’m wondering specifically about J-E-S-U-S. Is there any scriptural or cultural prohibition that you know of?

Jews.

Nope. Jews didn't exist.

There was no such tribe,

Gentiles? Who cares?

Did he? So what?

In what way?

Fuck off. Ultra-Orthodox and Orthodox Jews are just like Nazis in their 'Master Race' BS. Whether or not you like that is of no relevance. They matter because they make up over 20% at the least of ethnic Jewish people, and they're growing.[/QUOTE]

2000 years ago------a person named "JESUS" did not exist------probably ANYWHERE and certainly not in Galilee or Jerusalem

there is no evidence that either Jesus or Mary or Joseph spoke greek. Not even the angel Gabriel spoke (speaks) greek

Aramaic - they spoke Aramaic.

they spoke Hebraized Aramaic. Written in Hebrew
characters and including lots and lots of actual
Hebrew words and imagery------or you could call it
Talmudic aramaic

So what?

you seem to have imagined that it was SYRIAC ARAMAIC

So what?

Forum List

Back