Naming Your Child “Jesus”...

The thing people do not get either they miss it on purpose or through ignorance is that the letter J has only really been around since the 16 th century when it was added to the alphabet. Thus there was no “ jESUS “ but there was ESUS the god of the Gauls who was triune in nature and was worshipped by placing a body of a man in a tree and ritually piercing him so the blood would flow to the ground.. Many of the Christian places of worship, holidays etc etc were superimposed on or copied from the Gaulish religion of ESUS thus add a J to the front and walla you have now superimposed your deities name over or in front of the real deity and hidden it in plain sight with none the wiser... This is the tried and true method of covering up in plain site using words instead of Swords..... I would suspect that the reason The name Jesus is so popular in the Spanish areas is because originally the Gauls came from this area and they have continued to carry this name with them wherever they go or live forgetting it was originally ESUS.....

You know, you presented good, salient informative points here.

Then you used the word "walla". And there went that. :wtf:
None of us are perfect would you have preferred I used some other word... The thing is advertisers use silly gimmicks to make sure their messages are not forgotten. Have you not considered I may have used a similar method and tonight you might be enjoying yourself having a beer and walla it is gone and you will smile and order another one remembering how good the last one tasted...

The word you're looking for is voilà, meaning literally "see there" or "see that" (voir là).

"Walla" is not a word. It's half of the name of a city in Washington which I guarantee you was not named "see there see there". It's ignorant. You just drove in a truckload of salient points and then let the air out of its tires. Where "advertising" and/or "beer" enter the picture, I have no idea.
I beg to differ it has its meaning in Arabic for something like I promise or swear by gd... You are looking at a French interpretation viola which is interesting as JeSuis means I AM in French which is close to JESUS which is claimed as the I AM less the one vowel....See this is the problem different names have different connotations or meanings in different tounges or dialects...I remember years ago when Bob Dole was running for president and people of Persian nationality were worried he would win because his name meant in Persian part of the male anatomy... Thus he would be president P...s in their tongue ... This is why people get confused about the name Jesus because certainly their is no basis for it in Hebrew and yet they are looking for a connecting and are grasping for straws and all they have to do is look in the right direction where it is hidden in plain site for all to see...

"Je suis" ain't related to anybody's name. As someone earlier pointed out the "J" wasn't inserted into the name Yeshua (and variations) until well down the road.

All "je suis..." means is "I am..." which literally anybody can say and everybody who's ever spoken French does say. Shall we conclude that René Descartes opined that "I think, therefore Jesus"? I've seen Paul McCartney death theories more credible.

René Descartes walks into a bar. He orders une bière.
Bartender says "would you like a glass with that?"
Descartes muses for a moment and says "I think not".
Then he disappears.

Voilà is not a "French interpretation". It's the original literal word contracted from voir (to see) and (there). Hence "see there". Your "walla" is a mindless corruption of voilà.

The thing people do not get either they miss it on purpose or through ignorance is that the letter J has only really been around since the 16 th century when it was added to the alphabet. Thus there was no “ jESUS “ but there was ESUS the god of the Gauls who was triune in nature and was worshipped by placing a body of a man in a tree and ritually piercing him so the blood would flow to the ground.. Many of the Christian places of worship, holidays etc etc were superimposed on or copied from the Gaulish religion of ESUS thus add a J to the front and walla you have now superimposed your deities name over or in front of the real deity and hidden it in plain sight with none the wiser... This is the tried and true method of covering up in plain site using words instead of Swords..... I would suspect that the reason The name Jesus is so popular in the Spanish areas is because originally the Gauls came from this area and they have continued to carry this name with them wherever they go or live forgetting it was originally ESUS.....

This is folk etymology, and overlooks the obvious. As you say, "J" is historically linked to "I" (as well as "Y", for the record). So suggesting that the "J" was added gratuitously and arbitrarily makes no sense. We should, instead, expect earlier forms of "Jesus" to use an "I" instead of the "J".

The original Gospels were written in Greek. Those where then translated into Latin. The modern form "Jesus" (originally "Iesus") is the Latin form of the Greek. That Greek rendering would be more or less "Iesous" in the Roman alphabet. That Greek form is a transliteration of the Hebrew (possibly Aramaic) name.

there is no evidence that either Jesus or Mary or Joseph spoke greek. Not even the angel Gabriel spoke (speaks) greek

there is no evidence that either Jesus or Mary or Joseph spoke greek. Not even the angel Gabriel spoke (speaks) greek
Correct but there are a lot of Greek stories or myths in the New Testament which should give one pause considering this tall tale was supposed to take place in ancient Israel or Judea..Since Gabriel is considered the angel or messenger of communication it is rather ironic Greek was used... Wink...

I

This is folk etymology, and overlooks the obvious. As you say, "J" is historically linked to "I" (as well as "Y", for the record). So suggesting that the "J" was added gratuitously and arbitrarily makes no sense. We should, instead, expect earlier forms of "Jesus" to use an "I" instead of the "J".

The original Gospels were written in Greek. Those where then translated into Latin. The modern form "Jesus" (originally "Iesus") is the Latin form of the Greek. That Greek rendering would be more or less "Iesous" in the Roman alphabet. That Greek form is a transliteration of the Hebrew (possibly Aramaic) name.
If you go down this path you will open up a whole new can of worms regarding SUS and its meanings in Latin would you REALLY like me to bring it up... Just stick to the fact that J was used to cover up the original ESUS and you will get the point.. After all the TRUTH can walk around NAKED ergo the naked truth but the LIE must be covered ie by WORDS or letters or PAGES of them ... Take out the covering and you have the BASE or ROCK of the foundation layer out before you...

I

If you go down this path you will open up a whole new can of worms regarding SUS and its meanings in Latin would you REALLY like me to bring it up... Just stick to the fact that J was used to cover up the original ESUS and you will get the point.. After all the TRUTH can walk around NAKED ergo the naked truth but the LIE must be covered ie by WORDS or letters or PAGES of them ... Take out the covering and you have the BASE or ROCK of the foundation layer out before you...

Hey Zuess. Quepasalito hermano ?
jesusborder.jpg

This myth is easily disproven by following the paths of various Romance languages as they individually diverged from vulgar (common) Latin.

In Portuguese "I am" is rendered Eu sou. In Spanish it's (I think, I don't speak Spanish) Yo soy.
Matter of fact in Portuguese (and presumably Spanish) you don't even need the subject since the verb form denotes the case: "Eu sou brasileiro" or "Sou brasileiro" both mean "I am Brazilian" just as "je suis français" means "I am French".

So....
Je suis
Yo soy
Eu sou

Three parallel paths from Latin to their respective evolved languages, obviously all related and obviously from the same root. Yet Spanish speakers don't call Jesus "Yosoy".

The idea that je suis is somehow related to Jesus simply because of a similar final spelling is absurd. "I am" is a universal state of being; we could hardly have a language that didn't have a way to express the first person.

Just to riff on this myth a bit further, by the same logic German Christians should be calling Jesus "Ichbin" --- which is remarkably similar to the Japanese ichiban which means "number one".

And WAH LAH another myth started. Hope I get royalties.

Last edited:
Jesus and God are considered holy names. No mortal should take on their name, they should remain unique. Abraham, Isaac, etc are not holy names and can be used.

I said I beg to differ... Q

You know, you presented good, salient informative points here.

Then you used the word "walla". And there went that. :wtf:
None of us are perfect would you have preferred I used some other word... The thing is advertisers use silly gimmicks to make sure their messages are not forgotten. Have you not considered I may have used a similar method and tonight you might be enjoying yourself having a beer and walla it is gone and you will smile and order another one remembering how good the last one tasted...

The word you're looking for is voilà, meaning literally "see there" or "see that" (voir là).

"Walla" is not a word. It's half of the name of a city in Washington which I guarantee you was not named "see there see there". It's ignorant. You just drove in a truckload of salient points and then let the air out of its tires. Where "advertising" and/or "beer" enter the picture, I have no idea.
I beg to differ it has its meaning in Arabic for something like I promise or swear by gd... You are looking at a French interpretation viola which is interesting as JeSuis means I AM in French which is close to JESUS which is claimed as the I AM less the one vowel....See this is the problem different names have different connotations or meanings in different tounges or dialects...I remember years ago when Bob Dole was running for president and people of Persian nationality were worried he would win because his name meant in Persian part of the male anatomy... Thus he would be president P...s in their tongue ... This is why people get confused about the name Jesus because certainly their is no basis for it in Hebrew and yet they are looking for a connecting and are grasping for straws and all they have to do is look in the right direction where it is hidden in plain site for all to see...

"Je suis" ain't related to anybody's name. As someone earlier pointed out the "J" wasn't inserted into the name Yeshua (and variations) until well down the road.

All "je suis..." means is "I am..." which literally anybody can say and everybody who's ever spoken French does say. Shall we conclude that René Descartes opined that "I think, therefore Jesus"? I've seen Paul McCartney death theories more credible.

René Descartes walks into a bar. He orders une bière.
Bartender says "would you like a glass with that?"
Descartes muses for a moment and says "I think not".
Then he disappears.

Voilà is not a "French interpretation". It's the original literal word contracted from voir (to see) and (there). Hence "see there". Your "walla" is a mindless corruption of voilà.[/ You are entitled to your opinion I will leave it to others to decide one way or another As I said before I beg to differ and different tongues and dialects are interesting things to say the least...

In Islam its Quite Popular to name your male child Mohammed. No one gets upset. Unless of course you spell it wrong.
But in Christianity I’ve noticed something quite odd. Hispanics name their male children Jesus quite frequently. Yet... I’ve never known any white Protestant males named Jesus. So I thought to myself perhaps this is a Catholic tradition. But then I got to thinking about it... And I realized that I had never heard of a white catholic male named Jesus...
But then again I’m not sure that christianity forbids naming your child Jesus in the Bible so...
What’s the deal? Why the difference? Do some sects of Christianity deem this practice heretical, while others consider it a mark of honor? Why? Just wondering about the difference in the custom. Thanks.

If you name your child Jesus, you're probably Cuban, Mexican, or Puerto-Rican.

Oye! Hay-soos!

Jesus and God are considered holy names. No mortal should take on their name, they should remain unique. Abraham, Isaac, etc are not holy names and can be used.

HOLEY MOLEY "god" in its thousands of permutations shows up
in hundreds of thousands of names. DORO THY means "GIFT of GOD"

there are more------DANIEL----means "JUDGEMENT of GOD"

etc

Latins refer to Jesus (God) as JesuCristo, not Jesus.

Not many Latins are naming their kids JesuCristo.

There was this one woman that wanted her kid to be American so bad, she named him U.S. Mail.

Now THAT's an American name if I ever heard one! :113:

Last edited:

This myth is easily disproven by following the paths of various Romance languages as they individually diverged from vulgar (common) Latin.

In Portuguese "I am" is rendered Eu sou. In Spanish it's (I think, I don't speak Spanish) Yo soy.
Matter of fact in Portuguese (and presumably Spanish) you don't even need the subject since the verb form denotes the case: "Eu sou brasileiro" or "Sou brasileiro" both mean "I am Brazilian" just as "je suis français":means "I am French".

So....
Je suis
Yo soy
Eu sou

Three parallel paths from Latin to their respective evolved languages, obviously all related and obviously from the same root. Yet Spanish speakers don't call Jesus "Yosoy".

The idea that je suis is somehow related to Jesus simply because of a similar final spelling is absurd. "I am" is a universal state of being; we could hardly have a language that didn't have a way to express the first person.
I have made my points I will let others decide for themselves who is correct.. I was using the Je Suis to prove a point... If others are not lazy they will research for themselves and figure it out ... It is their choice whether to accept what they learn or reject it...

In Islam its Quite Popular to name your male child Mohammed. No one gets upset. Unless of course you spell it wrong.
But in Christianity I’ve noticed something quite odd. Hispanics name their male children Jesus quite frequently. Yet... I’ve never known any white Protestant males named Jesus. So I thought to myself perhaps this is a Catholic tradition. But then I got to thinking about it... And I realized that I had never heard of a white catholic male named Jesus...
But then again I’m not sure that christianity forbids naming your child Jesus in the Bible so...
What’s the deal? Why the difference? Do some sects of Christianity deem this practice heretical, while others consider it a mark of honor? Why? Just wondering about the difference in the custom. Thanks.

Oye! Hay-soos!

Just wondering --- what are you if you name your child "Marion"?

Oye! Hay-soos!

Just wondering --- what are you if you name your child "Marion"?

That's easy! A parent! :banana:

Matter of fact in Portuguese (and presumably Spanish) you don't even need the subject since the verb form denotes the case: "Eu sou brasileiro" or "Sou brasileiro" both mean "I am Brazilian" just as "je suis français":means "I am French".

So....
Je suis
Yo soy
Eu sou

Just to riff on this myth a bit further, by the same logic German Christians should be calling Jesus "Ichbin" --- which is remarkably similar to the Japanese ichiban which means "number one".

And WAH LAH another myth started. Hope I get royalties.
I have made my points I will let others decide for themselves who is correct.. I was using the Je Suis to prove a point... If others are not lazy they will research for themselves and figure it out ... It is their choice whether to accept what they learn or reject it...

You didn't make a point -- you cited an orthographic coincidence and tried to build a bridge to it. That bridge goes nowhere. I blew it up tracing the evolutions from vulgar Latin.

Thus you may call me "Ichiban".

Latins refer to Jesus (God) as JesuCristo, not Jesus.

Not many Latins are naming their kids JesuCristo.

There was this one woman that wanted her kid to be American so bad, she named him U.S. Mail.

Now THAT's an American name if I ever heard one! :113:

Actually she named him "Amal". And she named her other kid "Juan".
They were twins, so when you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal.

giphy.gif

Forum List

Back