Nation At Full Employment, Folks Bringing Home More Of Their Paychecks -- Dems Say 'Who Cares?'...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
I think most Americans care. Trump is on a bit of a roll. Will the hateful Democrat pessimism come back to bite em in upcoming Elections? What do you think?

I am reading some Dems saying that Trump will have a fight on his hands if he tries to deal with NAFTA.

The GOP have to take these words and turns them into ads for the mid-terms, it will decimate any Independent support for the DNC.

People who are interested in foreign nations workers before their own will lose every time in 2018. The times they are a changing. Trump is the right guy in office to make bilateral deals with these nations, so why not walk away and do so?

Last edited:
Workforce participation rate about the same as with obama. According to republicans including trump, that is aweful.

Workforce participation rate about the same as with obama. According to republicans including trump, that is aweful.
god damn some people will pull any nugget they can out of their ass to refuse to give trump any credit.

I am reading some Dems saying that Trump will have a fight on his hands if he tries to deal with NAFTA.

The FOP have to take these words and turns them into ads for the mid-terms, it will decimate any Independent support for the DNC.

People who are interested in foreign nations workers before their own will lose every time in 2018. The times they are a changing. Trump is the right guy in office to make bilateral deals with these nations, so why not walk away and do so?
IF we're at full employment like the OP says, WHO will be taking all those high paying jobs repubs speak about so often? The folks scaling trumps wall?

The FOP have to take these words and turns them into ads for the mid-terms, it will decimate any Independent support for the DNC.

IF we're at full employment like the OP says, WHO will be taking all those high paying jobs repubs speak about so often? The folks scaling trumps wall?
anyone who wishes to come to american via the legal means and take those jobs are welcome to do so. as they always have been.

It's all fake news. Oh sure the numbers went down from what in 40's to the 30's. But it was all Obama doing, well in between all that spying he's been doing on Dirty Don.

The term "Full Employment" is a major misnomer. There are millions unemployed and who would like to work, the calculation is designed to give a more optimistic view than is the reality. You can always improve your economy, it's a never ending battle. Better jobs, higher paying, more efficiency in the economy and theft of jobs from other nations in the global economy etc.

You need favorable and at least fair trade deals, along with a competitive environment. Trump has been improving the domestic environment and applying tariffs to abusive nations, now he is working on the vital altering or elimination of bad trade deals. Canada exploits NAFTA, and this day was going to come one way or another. I bet you many Bernie voters turned to Trump because of his position on getting rid of NAFTA.

The Nation is at full employment? :rofl:

Using the definition that economists use, it's very close to full employment.

It doesn't however mean that we've solved the nagging structural unemployment problems that we have been experiencing for the last decade and a half.
Yes, many economists love to utilize specific jargon that doesn't approximate reality. Now if we all lived in the economic zones that always recover first from recessions then all might be well however there are large areas of the country that are last to recover, it's starting to happen but hasn't hit everywhere just yet. I forget who but in 2008 a few economists predicted the recession would last 10 years, it's 2018 and guess what............

I think most Americans care. Trump is on a bit of a roll. Will the hateful Democrat pessimism come back to bite em in upcoming Elections? What do you think?

• Real weekly wages rose 1.1 percent. Corporate profits and stock prices hit new records.
  • The federal debt rose nearly 3 percent; projected annual deficits worsened.
  • The number of people on food stamps, which Trump wants to cut, grew by nearly 3 million.
next contestant

It doesn't however mean that we've solved the nagging structural unemployment problems that we have been experiencing for the last decade and a half.
Yes, many economists love to utilize specific jargon that doesn't approximate reality.
It's not "many economists" jargon it has a very specific meaning with respect to the state of the labor market and it does "approximate reality" pretty well with respect to the relationship of the state of employment and inflation .

Unfortunately too many people interpret it as "everybody has a job that wants one" which is NOT what it means.

The GOP have to take these words and turns them into ads for the mid-terms, it will decimate any Independent support for the DNC.

Clearly, the Democratic Party has consistently put foreign interests ahead of Citizen interests for years. That's what Trump's predecessor was all about. Especially when it comes to Illegal Immigration. Democrats see Millions of future loyal Democrat Voters. They've thrown American Citizens overboard. And i think more & more folks are understanding that.

Yes, many economists love to utilize specific jargon that doesn't approximate reality.
It's not "many economists" jargon it has a very specific meaning with respect to the state of the labor market and it does "approximate reality" pretty well with respect to the relationship of the state of employment and inflation .

Unfortunately too many people interpret it as "everybody has a job that wants one" which is NOT what it means.
Full employment means full employment in the real world..........

Forum List

Back