National Day of Prayer

I believe you are speaking of the Farmers Almanac and that time has come and gone. I've never used one. As for you, Agit8r. How do you not know that tonight when you go to sleep you won't wake up? If you don't wake up you'll have to go to one of two places. Heaven or hell. So where shall you be if you don't wake up in the morning? Heaven or hell? If it is hell don't you think you need to get that matter settled at once? I do not see how you could go to sleep tonight not knowing whether or not this is the night you'll land in hell. Hell has no exits. It is for all eternity and it is hot! You need to think about this seriously and quit playing games.

I just got back from a National Day of Prayer event. The numbers aren't there like they were when Bush was president.

We've got a Pagan in the White House now. He doesn't acknowledge the LORD but he will one day! When he stands before the Judgment seat of Christ. I wouldn't want to be him on that day. No Sir.

National Day of Prayer May 7 - News - The Destin Log

he 2015 Honorary Chairman, wrote a special prayer to be simultaneously read throughout the nation at noon (EDT). This recitation will create a huge wave of prayer, flowing from one coast to the other, illustrating the unity of God’s people and acknowledging His dominion over the circumstances facing us.

Heavenly Father,

We come to You in the Name that is above every name — Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Our hearts cry out to You.

Knowing that You are a prayer-answering, faithful God — the One we trust in times like these — we ask that You renew our spirits, revive our churches, and heal our land.

We repent of our sins and ask for Your grace and power to save us. Hear our cry, oh God, and pour out Your Spirit upon us that we may walk in obedience to Your Word.

We are desperate for Your tender mercies. We are broken and humbled before You.

Forgive us, and in the power of Your great love, lift us up to live in Your righteousness.

We pray for our beloved nation. May we repent and return to You and be a light to the nations. And we pray for our leaders and ask that You give them wisdom and faith to follow You.

Preserve and protect us, for You are our refuge and only hope.

Deliver us from all fears except to fear You, and may we courageously stand in the Truth that sets us free.

We pray with expectant faith and grateful hearts.

In Jesus’ name, our Savior.
But if the prayer is specifically to Jesus, and Catholics need not apply, is it not "National Day of Protestant Prayer"?

No. Our founding fathers never found it necessary to call prayer protestant. In those days the Believers were all Born again Bible reading God fearing people. Our nation was founded as a Christian nation. Not a Catholic nation. The Puritans and Jews who came here were fleeing the oppression of the Roman Catholic empire.
If our nation was founded as a Christian nation does not Christian specifically refer to Christ, Jesus Christ? So I assume there are many references to Jesus in the original documents. At least a single reference to Jesus in the founding document perhaps? One? Anywhere?

I believe you are speaking of the Farmers Almanac and that time has come and gone. I've never used one. As for you, Agit8r. How do you not know that tonight when you go to sleep you won't wake up? If you don't wake up you'll have to go to one of two places. Heaven or hell. So where shall you be if you don't wake up in the morning? Heaven or hell? If it is hell don't you think you need to get that matter settled at once? I do not see how you could go to sleep tonight not knowing whether or not this is the night you'll land in hell. Hell has no exits. It is for all eternity and it is hot! You need to think about this seriously and quit playing games.
You sure of where you are going to end up, Jeremiah? More than one person has found themselves clutching the right book at the wrong door.

he 2015 Honorary Chairman, wrote a special prayer to be simultaneously read throughout the nation at noon (EDT). This recitation will create a huge wave of prayer, flowing from one coast to the other, illustrating the unity of God’s people and acknowledging His dominion over the circumstances facing us.

Heavenly Father,

We come to You in the Name that is above every name — Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Our hearts cry out to You.

Knowing that You are a prayer-answering, faithful God — the One we trust in times like these — we ask that You renew our spirits, revive our churches, and heal our land.

We repent of our sins and ask for Your grace and power to save us. Hear our cry, oh God, and pour out Your Spirit upon us that we may walk in obedience to Your Word.

Forgive us, and in the power of Your great love, lift us up to live in Your righteousness.

We pray for our beloved nation. May we repent and return to You and be a light to the nations. And we pray for our leaders and ask that You give them wisdom and faith to follow You.

Deliver us from all fears except to fear You, and may we courageously stand in the Truth that sets us free.

But if the prayer is specifically to Jesus, and Catholics need not apply, is it not "National Day of Protestant Prayer"?

No. Our founding fathers never found it necessary to call prayer protestant. In those days the Believers were all Born again Bible reading God fearing people. Our nation was founded as a Christian nation. Not a Catholic nation. The Puritans and Jews who came here were fleeing the oppression of the Roman Catholic empire.
If our nation was founded as a Christian nation does not Christian specifically refer to Christ, Jesus Christ? So I assume there are many references to Jesus in the original documents. At least a single reference to Jesus in the founding document perhaps? One? Anywhere?
Over and over and over again. Jesus is LORD and Jesus is God. Look up how many times our founding fathers referenced LORD and God. See David Barton's website for an in depth study. You'll be amazed.

Heavenly Father,

Over and over and over again. Jesus is LORD and Jesus is God. Look up how many times our founding fathers referenced LORD and God. See David Barton's website for an in depth study. You'll be amazed.
Lame.

You sure of where you are going to end up, Jeremiah? More than one person has found themselves clutching the right book at the wrong door.

I'm certain I'm born again and that I live for the LORD and know of His promises towards me and His goodness. I believe I shall see my Savior face to face when I leave this earth and I look forward to that day. How about you?

Heavenly Father,

Names for the Judea-Christian God found in the Declaration of Independence:

Creator

Supreme Judge

divine Providence

But that's just the Declaration of Independence. In the context of societies built largely on the social and political theories of Puritanism and Covenant theology, first in New England, then in the middle colonies, then in the southern colonies, the principles of our early Christian society are the principles referred to in the DoI.

I'm certain I'm born again and that I live for the LORD and know of His promises towards me and His goodness. I believe I shall see my Savior face to face when I leave this earth and I look forward to that day. How about you?
You kind of ran away from this conversation on another thread. Let's see if I can keep your focus a little longer this time.

So if you are born again you can not sin? If you do sin are you no longer born again?

Heavenly Father,

Creator

Supreme Judge

divine Providence

But that's just the Declaration of Independence. In the context of societies built largely on the social and political theories of Puritanism and Covenant theology, first in New England, then in the middle colonies, then in the southern colonies, the principles of our early Christian society are the principles referred to in the DoI.
So
Creator was code for: Jesus
Supreme Judge was code for: Jesus
divine Providence was code for, you guessed it: Jesus
And Christian "principles" was how our government was shaped? Don't read much, do you?

Heavenly Father,

Creator

Supreme Judge

divine Providence

Once again that would be Jesus! Jesus is the judge at the Judgment Seat of Christ. Jesus is the Creator. The bible states in John 1:1,2,3 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The same was with God in the beginning. All things were made by him and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- John 1:1-3 That is Jesus! To God be the Glory!

I'm praying for all those who reject the Catholic church.

I'm afraid they'll burn in Hell, so I will pray hard.

I pray for you too, Toro. I'm not rejecting you. Just that cult of death you are calling a church. I am believing God to open your eyes and gloriously save you! You are on my prayer list!

Heavenly Father,

Creator

Supreme Judge

divine Providence

Once again that would be Jesus! Jesus is the judge at the Judgment Seat of Christ. Jesus is the Creator. The bible states in John 1:1,2,3 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The same was with God in the beginning. All things were made by him and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- John 1:1-3 That is Jesus! To God be the Glory!
Whose side are you on anyway? You are making my point more and more obvious. You're arguing my point better than I am. I don't know what to say. Please continue.

Heavenly Father,

Creator

Supreme Judge

divine Providence

So
And Christian "principles" was how our government was shaped? Don't read much, do you?
If you read much (do you?), you can see for yourself that Abraham called God the Supreme Judge. It's a term common in Rabbinic literature. And divine Providence is also a name for Him common in Jewish thought and also in Christian theology, including Calvinism (covenant theology).

And do you think government is not based in principle? Governments just appear out of the sky?

Seriously, read some.

Creator

Supreme Judge

divine Providence

So
If you read much (do you?), you can see for yourself that Abraham called God the Supreme Judge. It's a term common in Rabbinic literature. And divine Providence is also a name for Him common in Jewish thought and also in Christian theology, including Calvinism (covenant theology).

And do you think government is not based in principle? Governments just appear out of the sky?

Seriously, read some.
Wow, I feel so overwhelmed. Are you two drinking from the same fountain? Does it say, 'non potable'? That means, "Don't drink." ;)

Creator

Supreme Judge

divine Providence

So

Seriously, read some.
Wow, I feel so overwhelmed. Are you two drinking from the same fountain? Does it say, 'non potable'? That means, "Don't drink." ;)
Good one. A counter worthy of your caliber.

Forum List

Back