National Debt Explodes $6 Trillion Under Obama

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Under President Barack Obama, the national debt has grown by more than $6 trillion, the largest increase under any president in U.S. history.

According to the Treasury Department, the national public debt now stands at $16,687,289,180,215.37.

On the first day of Obama’s first term, the debt was $10.626 trillion.

Under President George W. Bush, the debt grew $4.9 trillion in eight years.

Presently, the federal government is embroiled in a contentious debate over $85 billion in budget cuts, or 0.005% as a percentage of the national debt.
- See more at: National Debt Explodes $6 Trillion Under Obama

Breitfart? What a joke!

Try an actual legitimate source, until then GTFO.

The debt only matters to Democrats when someone other than Democrats is adding to it. They view record debt growth as an advancement of their utopian dream, as proof that wealth is getting redistributed with success. Ideology before Country is how Liberals roll. Dependency on Government is the end to their means. The OP won't get any rational response from Liberals, just simpleton attempts at discrediting the source.

Breitfart? What a joke!

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2012

Obamalama has exploded the debt, deficit and spending

Not true. Obama has spent less, and expanded the debt less than any other president since Ike.

Unlike the "spend us into oblivion" right wingers like Reagan and W,..

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME11.jpg

Breitfart? What a joke!

Not true. Obama has spent less, and expanded the debt less than any other president since Ike.

By the true numbers, you are dead wrong

You sir, are an idiot and fall for the typical propaganda... because you want it to be true

By the true numbers, you are dead wrong

You sir, are an idiot and fall for the typical propaganda... because you want it to be true

Here's the article it's from you fucking idiot

Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

You right wingers are the dumbest of the dumb, but you seem to take pride in that.

Breitfart? What a joke!

LOL!

Look, a progressive playing "fun with numbers."

The debt goes WAAAAAY up under Obama, more than any other President in history and you found a way to claim he grew spending by the least... I guess that's the power of being blindingly partisan.

An OPINION piece... look at the fucking numbers, you fucking hyper-partisan idiot parrot

No, it's not. It's 100% facts.

Though to ultra right wing hack like you, "facts" are a thing you don't care about, only fabricated lies from the propaganda outlets that give your lil' 2"er a chubbie.

LOL!

The debt goes WAAAAAY up under Obama, more than any other President in history and you found a way to claim he grew spending by the least... I guess that's the power of being blindingly partisan.

Wrong again. W expanded the debt more than any other president in the nation by a longshot.

Hell W took the biggest surplus in US history, and turned it into the biggest deficit.

It take a real idiot to pull that one off, and those idiots are W and the GOP.

LOL!

Wrong again. W expanded the debt more than any other president in the nation by a longshot.

Hell W took the biggest surplus in US history, and turned it into the biggest deficit.

There was no surplus you dumb fuck, Clinton raided SS and left Bush with a recession. I'm not here to defend Bush, he was a horrid President, he was by definition a progressive.

Then again, Obama spending more on military is ok with you because Obama a Democrat.

Obama can expand Homeland security and that's ok because once again, Obama is a Democrat

Obama gave us the NDAA, tax credits, failed stimulus, dumps billions on the rich, more wars and not a single repeal of the evil vile costly Bush era and yet you support it all because Obama is a Democrat.

Just stop talking, lol.

In fact, can any of you useless fucks give us a list of Bush era policies that Obama repealed to get spending lower than Bush? Fuck the Iraq war only ended because of a Bush timeline, Obama tried to keep that going.... So instead Obama expanded every other war he got us into so there is no "savings" by ending a whole fucking war.

LOL!

There was no surplus you dumb fuck, Clinton raided SS and left Bush with a recession. I'm not here to defend Bush, he was a horrid President, he was by definition a progressive.

Then again, Obama spending more on military is ok with you because Obama a Democrat.

Obama can expand Homeland security and that's ok because once again, Obama is a Democrat

Obama gave us the NDAA, tax credits, failed stimulus, dumps billions on the rich, more wars and not a single repeal of the evil vile costly Bush era and yet you support it all because Obama is a Democrat.

Just stop talking, lol.

Yes, there was a surplus

budget_deficit_or_surplus.gif

Clinton gave us a booming economy from simple democratic fiscal plans. Fair tax rates, and controlled spending.

W threw this in the trash and went straight back to epically failed, give everything to the rich "trickle down" plans on steroids that completely destroyed the economy.

Thank god the democrats whooped the GOP's asses in 06' taking back both houses and the presidency in 08', otherwise the nation would likely cease to exist.

Just stop talking, lol.

Yes, there was a surplus

Clinton gave us a booming economy from simple democratic fiscal plans. Fair tax rates, and controlled spending.

W threw this in the trash and went straight back to epically failed, give everything to the rich "trickle down" plans on steroids that completely destroyed the economy.

Thank god the democrats whooped the GOP's asses in 06' taking back both houses and the presidency in 08', otherwise the nation would likely cease to exist.

HE RAIDED SS YOU DUMB ASS...

BTW, how does the house being Republican fuck Obama so much but get no credit under Clinton when the Republicans owned the Senate and House,,,, and wrote the budgets?

Breitfart? What a joke!

Your post is typical progressive propaganda that uses statistical "sleight of hand" to try to hide the vast amounts of debt that we have piled up since Barack Obama took office. Yes, the "percentage increase" in spending over what George W. Bush spent in the last year of his second term is rather modest compared to some other Presidents but you have to remember that huge amounts of money were spent by W. during the last year he was in office on stimulus because the economy was in such dire straits.
Saying that Obama isn't a "spender" because he's spent only a bit more than someone who piled up some serious debt his last year in office trying to keep our financial system from imploding doesn't mean Barry's been "frugal" in any way. Obama is spending more than W. spent during that crucial period of time at the height of the recession when banks were teetering on the brink of collapse but he's spending it EVERY SINGLE YEAR of his Presidency...trillion dollar plus deficits lined up as far as the eye can see with no relief in sight.

So spare me the nonsense that Barack Obama is not a tax and spend liberal...or more aptly in his case...a borrow and spend liberal...because he most definitely IS!

Just stop talking, lol.

Yes, there was a surplus

Get a grip, Black...The Dot Com Boom didn't happen because of "simple democratic fiscal plans". The Dot Com Boom is what drove the economy during the Clinton years. It had ZERO to do with tax rates and I find it amusing when progressives try to make the point that we can somehow replicate the Clinton "boom years" now by raising taxes. I'm sorry but that's looking at history and completely misreading what happened and why.

Last edited:

Your post is typical progressive propaganda that uses statistical "sleight of hand" to try to hide the vast amounts of debt that we have piled up since Barack Obama took office. Yes, the "percentage increase" in spending over what George W. Bush spent in the last year of his second term is rather modest compared to some other Presidents but you have to remember that huge amounts of money were spent by W. during the last year he was in office on stimulus because the economy was in such dire straits.
Saying that Obama isn't a "spender" because he's spent only a bit more than someone who piled up some serious debt his last year in office trying to keep our financial system from imploding doesn't mean Barry's been "frugal" in any way. Obama is spending more than W. spent during that crucial period of time at the height of the recession when banks were teetering on the brink of collapse but he's spending it EVERY SINGLE YEAR of his Presidency...trillion dollar plus deficits lined up as far as the eye can see with no relief in sight.

So spare me the nonsense that Barack Obama is not a tax and spend liberal...or more aptly in his case...a borrow and spend liberal...because he most definitely IS!

What you are doing is parroting the right wing propaganda of "ooo ooo! Obama has the highest debt number than anyone! He's the worst! Neener-neener!

While technically true, guess what? W racked up more debt than clinton, Bush racked up more debt than reagan, reagan racked up more debt than carter, and so on and so one.

THIS NATION'S DEBT HAS GONE NOWHERE BUT UP SINCE THE MID 1800's!

That's right, there hasn't been a single president that has done anything to make large progress at paying down the debt besides clinton.

My (and forbes) statement is 100% correct. Obama has been very frugal with expanding the debt.

If Obama was a republican and spent like bush, our debt would be 6-7X higher right now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back