National Debt is 110% of GDP. Highest since WWII

I never voted for Obama because of his domestic policies. Glad Trump didn't pull the wool over my eyes, given the debt he's running up in economic good times, with any slow down we're really screwed.
What were Obamas domestic policies?

Costly.

But seriously, I thought his national health care wasn't well defined and all I could make of it during the campaign was just another entitlement program we couldn't afford. For me though the most serious damage to his campaign was what I thought was an inarticulate response to Joe the Plumber when Obama spoke of redistribution of wealth which sounded more like a hand out rather than a hand up.

I wasn't disappointed he won in '08 because if I had to define McCain's foreign policy in a word it would be "deadly". I liked McCain as first my congressman and then my senator, but for sure I didn't want him as our commander-in-chief. For years here in Arizona we heard him come off like the U.S. had to be involved in every country's foreign affairs hiccup.
I’m ashamed of my vote for McCant. He was a warmongering kook.

That said, Ears wasn’t much better. He started or continued seven wars. He could have easily passed Medicare4All in his first two years, but instead chose to enrich his buddies running big insurance, Pharma, and hospital. Like the true corporatist he is.

Ahhhh poor baby can't handle a little debt.....but we heard nothing from him as Obama buried us in record breaking deficits for 8 fucking years...
Didn’t you use to pretend to be tea party?
Yes but I'm more in favor of seeing the far left in our nation beaten back down for good....and Trump is doing a good job of exposing them and the people are rejecting them...once they are in irreparable shambles I'll turn to looking for reductions in the national debt....

The national debt currently sits at $22.5 trillion. By the end of 2008, when former President Barack Obama was first elected, the national debt sat at $10 trillion. In 2016, it was $19.6 trillion.

The U.S. GDP for the second quarter of this fiscal year was revised down to a 2 percent increase, down from 3.1 percent the previous quarter.

So, I guess the question for all the Trumpniks out there is, why is this rapid accumulation of debt a bad thing only when recovering from an economic catastrophe, but not when it is spent on frivolities like a Russian steel wall, and the confiscated ranch land to build it on?

US national debt is now 110 percent of GDP — largest debt-to-GDP ratio since WWII
We need a new party that actually cares.
You are so disingenuous...the entire field of top dems seeking to replace Trump want to spend trillions of dollars on saving the planet....we know the dems trying to win the presidency want to spend trillions more than Trump...on a weather hoax...

Obama was navigating the US economy out of recession and away from a depression which was caused by GOP deregulation policies
Wrong asshat....The recession was caused by banks granting unsecured home loans to people that could not pay the money back....they were chided and threatened into doing so by Bill Clinton and Janet Reno....then Schumer just before the election told a lie about a small bank going broke and the market crashed....get your facts straight....the banks tried everything to sell those loans...even bundling them together...no one wanted them....

Obama was navigating the US economy out of recession and away from a depression which was caused by GOP deregulation policies
Wrong asshat....The recession was caused by banks granting unsecured home loans to people that could not pay the money back....they were chided and threatened into doing so by Bill Clinton and Janet Reno....then Schumer just before the election told a lie about a small bank going broke and the market crashed....get your facts straight....the banks tried everything to sell those loans...even bundling them together...no one wanted them....
Holy crap. From what radio show, website, blog or podcast did you get THAT story?

You must have missed that little event that took place in 2008.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

You mean when the inner city home loans Clinton and Reno ordered the banks to hand out to people that couldn't qualify crashed the market?....rewriting recent history does not work....

Ahhhh poor baby can't handle a little debt.....but we heard nothing from him as Obama buried us in record breaking deficits for 8 fucking years...

Permalink copied, and filed away. :eusa_angel:
No doubt, you'll get to use that next time a Democrat is elected president.
That may be awhile.....
Maybe, maybe not. If 2016 proved anything, it proved you never know.
The dems will lose back the house before they wake up....

You mean when the inner city home loans Clinton and Reno ordered the banks to hand out to people that couldn't qualify crashed the market?....rewriting recent history does not work....
I see. Since you're such an expert, please enlighten us:

Okay, tell me:
  1. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to create shitty, opaque CMOs and the even more hideous CDOs?
  2. How did Clinton and Reno force mortgage companies to sell shit mortgages to the banks to be put in those CMO's, often by the very next day?
  3. How did Clinton and Reno force the ratings agencies to slap AAA (TREASURY-level) ratings on those shit securities, making them highly attractive to buy?
  4. How did Clinton and Reno force mortgage companies to write no-doc loans with insane balloons, knowing they'd be sold off in 12 hours to a shit CMO at NO risk?
  5. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to threaten the ratings agencies with lost business if they didn't give them AAA ratings on shit securities?
  6. How did Clinton and Reno force Alan Greenspan to REFUSE to regulate derivatives while CFTC Chairwoman Brooksley Borns was BEGGING him to?
  7. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to drop their standards to the ground when they needed more shit CMO's and CDO's to SELL OFF for huge fees?
  8. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to SHORT the VERY SAME shit securities they were selling to their CLIENTS, WHILE the whole thing was collapsing?
  9. How did Clinton and Reno force GS & John Paulson to create shit CMO's that were SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to FAIL so they could buy swaps on them, making Paulson a cool $2 BILLION?
  10. How did Clinton and Reno force AIG to write zillions in credit default swaps with ZERO reserves to back them up? ZERO???
Go ahead. Show us how much you know. I've numbered 'em for you so you can real specific.

Okay, tell me:
  1. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to create shitty, opaque CMOs and the even more hideous CDOs?
  2. How did Clinton and Reno force mortgage companies to sell shit mortgages to the banks to be put in those CMO's, often by the very next day?
  3. How did Clinton and Reno force the ratings agencies to slap AAA (TREASURY-level) ratings on those shit securities, making them highly attractive to buy?
  4. How did Clinton and Reno force mortgage companies to write no-doc loans with insane balloons, knowing they'd be sold off in 12 hours to a shit CMO at NO risk?
  5. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to threaten the ratings agencies with lost business if they didn't give them AAA ratings on shit securities?
  6. How did Clinton and Reno force Alan Greenspan to REFUSE to regulate derivatives while CFTC Chairwoman Brooksley Borns was BEGGING him to?
  7. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to drop their standards to the ground when they needed more shit CMO's and CDO's to SELL OFF for huge fees?
  8. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to SHORT the VERY SAME shit securities they were selling to their CLIENTS, WHILE the whole thing was collapsing?
  9. How did Clinton and Reno force GS & John Paulson to create shit CMO's that were SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to FAIL so they could buy swaps on them, making Paulson a cool $2 BILLION?
  10. How did Clinton and Reno force AIG to write zillions in credit default swaps with ZERO reserves to back them up? ZERO???
Go ahead. Show us how much you know. I've numbered 'em for you so you can real specific.

Read this dummy...learn what CNN will not tell you...do you really want to live your life with only half of the truth?

Clinton's Legacy: The Financial and Housing Meltdown

Okay, tell me:

Read this dummy...learn what CNN will not tell you...do you really want to live your life with only half of the truth?

As I expected. You have NO idea what I'm talking about. NONE.

You're reduced to linking to "Reason" magazine. You couldn't even TRY.

This is what happens when you choose to delegate your thinking to others.

Okay, tell me:

You are presenting me with falsehoods...how can I respond to untruths?...read my link;

Okay, tell me:

You are presenting me with falsehoods...how can I respond to untruths?...read my link;
Your mix of arrogance and ignorance is not a good thing.

This is my profession; you're swallowing what your tribe is feeding you.

Okay, tell me:

I present the truth to you that you have been wrong for the last two decades and you just act like you learned nothing from it....

Your mix of arrogance and ignorance is not a good thing.

This is my profession; you're swallowing what your tribe is feeding you.
So because I proved to you I was right I'm arrogant?....so be it....

Okay, tell me:

I present the truth to you that you have been wrong for the last two decades and you just act like you learned nothing from it....
The Truth. Too funny.

You don't even know what I'm talking about. You're just linking to the words of others.

Pathetic.

Okay, tell me:

The Truth. Too funny.

You don't even know what I'm talking about. You're just linking to the words of others.

Pathetic.
Some people just refuse to except the truth...I guess you are one of them....

Forum List

Back