National Review Just Came Out Swinging Against Trump

The National Review founder said, "I like conservatives...who can win" hello earth to National Review do you really think Cruz can win? Does Cruz have any cross over appeal among independents and hard working blue collar Democrats? Not really so what the hell are you idiots thinking.

Trump is the only candidate who dared openly challenge the establishments status quo positions on key issues like trade, illegals, jobs, jobs killing government taxes and out of control regulations. He was blasted by both sides for daring to do this, they attempted to beat him into submission, force him to apologize, to silence him, but he stuck to his guns. Now half the other candidates are adopting his positions, sure after they discovered the people are with Trump on this.

I'm not concerned with Trump's prior positions on the issues, or what he was forced to do as a businessman to get along in a world full of corrupt government hacks. Trump is a conservative in training and like many of us who began life as a Democrat, then turned Republican, and finally Conservative, its a process.

Prior to running for President, can anyone name one well-known conservative issue he supported, publicly or financially?

I dont think trumps appeal is his politics per say as much as the authoritarianism form of government he proposes.

He da man, the strong leader, the real decision maker, tough, mean, real,

thats what people think they see and thats his appeal Imo.

congress would tie an apron around him and make him wax the kitchen floor ...

The National Review founder said, "I like conservatives...who can win" hello earth to National Review do you really think Cruz can win? Does Cruz have any cross over appeal among independents and hard working blue collar Democrats? Not really so what the hell are you idiots thinking.

Trump is the only candidate who dared openly challenge the establishments status quo positions on key issues like trade, illegals, jobs, jobs killing government taxes and out of control regulations. He was blasted by both sides for daring to do this, they attempted to beat him into submission, force him to apologize, to silence him, but he stuck to his guns. Now half the other candidates are adopting his positions, sure after they discovered the people are with Trump on this.

I'm not concerned with Trump's prior positions on the issues, or what he was forced to do as a businessman to get along in a world full of corrupt government hacks. Trump is a conservative in training and like many of us who began life as a Democrat, then turned Republican, and finally Conservative, its a process.
You were never a Democrat or a Liberal

As if Trump isn't an integral part of the whole corrupt system.

Trump is a septuagenarian pro-choice, pro-Clinton, incestuous, gambling magnate who commits serial adultery.

What's not for religious conservatives to like?

Trump is a pro-choice, pro-Clinton, incestuous, gambling magnate. What's not for religious conservatives to like?

gambling magnate?

LOL
Trump is a man close to God. Here he is with some vestal virgins and a high priest:

29cm2co.jpg

When Conservatives Needed Allies, Donald Trump Sided with Obama, by Glenn Beck, National Review.

That notorious left-wing scandal rag, The National Review has announced their opposition to Der Trumpenfuhrer.

In 2008 then Illinois Senator Barack Obama and New York Billionaire Donald Trump supported the saving of the American Automobile Industry and the bank bailout.

Eight years later Der Trumpenfuhrer supports a National Data Base of Muslims, supports a "Shut-Down" of Muslim Immigration to the U.S. and wants to force Muslims to wear a distinctive badge (ala the Yellow Star of David Nazi's forced Jews to wear as they were forced marched into the Gas Chambers at Auschwitz).

Joining the Seig Heil of Dumb Donald is Caribou Barbie who served as John McCain'ngs Vice Presidential Running Mate in 2008. Donnie has said he thinks John McCain does not deserve respect and does not like or respect McCain because McCain was a POW during the Viet Nam War. Der Trumpenfuhrer was a Draft Dodger while McCain was tortured by the North Vietnamese at the notorious Hanoi Hilton.

William F. Buckley must be rolling in his grave.

What Does An Actual RINO Look Like?

It's time to wake up, folks. Trump is not a conservative by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, he has a totalitarian streak a mile wide.

I understand why the American people are mad. They can sense they are being robbed in some way, but they can't put their finger on what the problem is.

Trump is a demagogue who comes along and points the finger at Mexicans and Muslims and says, "It's THEIR fault!" He exploits fear.

He's a master at providing scapegoats for angry people to focus on.
Reagan would be rino to these idiots. And the NR is now run by idiots who William Buckley would scoff at.

As for Trump, I dunno what he is. I really don't. Would he seriously contemplate registering muslims? Does he really thing illegal immigrants have more rapists than found in general society? Or, would he really press both sides for a balanced budget?

What Does An Actual RINO Look Like?

It's time to wake up, folks. Trump is not a conservative by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, he has a totalitarian streak a mile wide.

I understand why the American people are mad. They can sense they are being robbed in some way, but they can't put their finger on what the problem is.

Trump is a demagogue who comes along and points the finger at Mexicans and Muslims and says, "It's THEIR fault!" He exploits fear.

He's a master at providing scapegoats for angry people to focus on.
Reagan would be rino to these idiots. And the NR is now run by idiots who William Buckley would scoff at.

As for Trump, I dunno what he is. I really don't. Would he seriously contemplate registering muslims? Does he really thing illegal immigrants have more rapists than found in general society? Or, would he really press both sides for a balanced budget?
I often shudder at the thought of totalitarian Donald Trump with his hands on the wheel of the Department of Homeland Security.

"Let's stop kidding ourselves and change it to Fatherland, all right?"

The NRO essays contain many grossly unfair and inaccurate charges. And it's rather surprising to see some of those critics accepting the liberal nonsense that Trump has been using religious- and race-based attacks. He has done no such thing. He has said a thousand times that not all illegals and Muslims are bad people but that the bad apples among them and the damage they have caused/are causing require us to take some common-sense measures to protect ourselves.

I don't know many people who are more conservative than Ann Coulter, and she is backing Trump--ardently. So is Sarah Palin, another rock-ribbed conservative. So is Michael Savage. And, although Bob Dole is backing Jeb Bush, he said yesterday on Fox News (on Greta's show) that he would take Trump over Cruz because he feels that Trump is talented and effective and could get a lot of good things done.

I see this as a battle between purists and realists. There are several things I don't like about Trump, but I would certainly back him if he got the nomination.

Holy smokes.

The National Review has collected 35 essays from conservative leaders, all explaining why Trump is a RINO.

"When conservatives desperately needed allies in the fight against big government, Donald Trump didn’t stand on the sidelines. He consistently advocated that your money be spent, that your government grow, and that your Constitution be ignored."

"Not since George Wallace has there been a presidential candidate who made racial and religious scapegoating so central to his campaign."

"A real conservative walks with us. Ronald Reagan read National Review and Human Events for intellectual sustenance; spoke annually to the Conservative Political Action Conference, Young Americans for Freedom, and other organizations to rally the troops; supported Barry Goldwater when the GOP mainstream turned its back on him; raised money for countless conservative groups; wrote hundreds of op-eds; and delivered even more speeches, everywhere championing our cause. Until he decided to run for the GOP nomination a few months ago, Trump had done none of these things, perhaps because he was too distracted publicly raising money for liberals such as the Clintons; championing Planned Parenthood, tax increases, and single-payer health coverage; and demonstrating his allegiance to the Democratic party."

On and on like that. Awesome.

If Trump were a RINO, you'd be backing him, Jake.

No Matter what you, no matter how you wail, Jeb will not be the Nominee and save your beloved Hillary.

Go have a nice cry now.

I don't know many people who are more conservative than Ann Coulter, and she is backing Trump--ardently. So is Sarah Palin, another rock-ribbed conservative. So is Michael Savage
You just named three of the most batshit crazy assholes ruining the conservative brand.

Gee, openly racist Ann Coulter supports Trump. Color no one surprised.

Holy smokes.

The National Review has collected 35 essays from conservative leaders, all explaining why Trump is a RINO.

"When conservatives desperately needed allies in the fight against big government, Donald Trump didn’t stand on the sidelines. He consistently advocated that your money be spent, that your government grow, and that your Constitution be ignored."

"Not since George Wallace has there been a presidential candidate who made racial and religious scapegoating so central to his campaign."

"A real conservative walks with us. Ronald Reagan read National Review and Human Events for intellectual sustenance; spoke annually to the Conservative Political Action Conference, Young Americans for Freedom, and other organizations to rally the troops; supported Barry Goldwater when the GOP mainstream turned its back on him; raised money for countless conservative groups; wrote hundreds of op-eds; and delivered even more speeches, everywhere championing our cause. Until he decided to run for the GOP nomination a few months ago, Trump had done none of these things, perhaps because he was too distracted publicly raising money for liberals such as the Clintons; championing Planned Parenthood, tax increases, and single-payer health coverage; and demonstrating his allegiance to the Democratic party."

On and on like that. Awesome.

If Trump were a RINO, you'd be backing him, Jake.

No Matter what you, no matter how you wail, Jeb will not be the Nominee and save your beloved Hillary.

Go have a nice cry now.
Poor UC. Despite my many postings against Jeb, he thinks that is who I want for Prez.

You really need to stop jumping into topics late in the game, UC. And if you spent more time around the forum, you would not make such hilariously bad mistakes about me.

Preconceived notions are exactly what keeps getting you tards into so much trouble.

The tard creedo: "It's what I want to bleev, so no amount of Reality will change my opinions!"

They will when it's plastered all over every media outlet in the world. She's toast
You're future tripping. Call me when that happens

You've got your head up your ass. Now they are saying it's highly probable the Russians, Chinese and Iranians compromised Clinton's server. She's finished due to her arrogance and utter stupidity
Good. Sanders smashes Trump in the national polls.

:rofl:
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Sanders

If you think the Bernie Sanders can get elected, we need to be packing our bags because if he does, the nation will never recover. It is political suicide.

Quoting dumb ass Glen Beck...haaa who cares..

We already knew he is not as right as most of them..

This is why Trump is so popular with all parties.. Many have big concerns for the candidates on the left and right this time around..

No big deal~

Forum List

Back