Nationalize Med

Time to pick a fight.

The US is the ONLY western democracy without nationalized medicine. The other countries realize that medical care is a right, not a privilege.

Many people are moving towards National Medical. One of the groups that have voiced this is the Doctors. Imagine the billions saved by getting rid of the HMOs and Insurance Companies dealing in Medical benefits that do absolutely nothing except raking in the cash. We are talking billions.

Doctors are having trouble affording their medical offices, equipment, etc.. And it keeps going up. Meanwhile, the HMOs and Insurance Companies are taking a bigger chunk each year.

Nationalize Medicine means that Doctors don't have to afford the office space and equipment. It's paid for by the Billions saved by sending the HMOs and Insurance Companies packing.

One of the worst is the Malpractice law suits. Nationalizing gets rid of that.

It also gets rid of the deductables that are eating many of us alive.

Tag, yer it.

Based on the veterans experiences with the VA all I can say is no. Hell no. Can you imagine the entire medical industry of the USA run like that?

I am trying to move from the VA care to Public Care. Here is what I have found.

Public Medicine is outrageous. The VA bulk buys and keeps the cost to the client down. I pay 8 bucks per monthy dosage under the VA. In the Public, I would pay at leat 15 and that is with Tricare covering the bulk of it. Civilians would pay the whole thing or have to have expensive medical insurance.

Trying to find a doctor is almost impossible under the Public System. I have been looking for a few months and only the subsidized offices (poor quality of health care) are available. Older Americans that choose or are forced to change doctors are in serious trouble.

I chose to go to a public emergency room for immediate care. Good service. But I found out something on my first using Medicare. Not only does it cost me 105 bucks a month, it has a 165 buck deduction. Now, factor in the Tricare with it's 175 to 400 buck deduction and you can see that I paid quite a bit for health care that was supposed to be covered. This doesn't sound like much to someone working at a 50K a year job but I am in the 2300 a month category and that 500 bucks worth of money is hard hit.

Medicare and Tricare are supposed to be single payer systems but they aren't much better than a good medical insurance program which are also quite expensive and selective in medical care along with some really hefty deductibles and monthly premiums.

My cost of medical under the public health care is about 2000 bucks a year. If I were under a public insurance program it would be closer to 5000 a year. And that is not counting medicine. Add in Medicine and it will average out to about 7500 a year for public medical care.

Now compare that to Denmark which you are taxed about 4500 per year in taxes to pay for and you see it's even cheaper than the Medical care that the Retired Vets get. And if you use that argument that they have poor health care you would be wrong. The Danish are extremely happy with their health care for any number of reasons. The using 2 failed systems (The US and Canada) as examples is just plain stupid instead of learning from a completely successful medical program.

You know that if you were in any other country, other than Canada or the US, you'd get decent healthcare insurance, private, for like $150 a month.

Funny that a Canadian that posts here, warned us about assuming their type of health care. I believe the example he used was of a woman in the ER waited 5 days to be seen. A Dane warned us that, while they had gov. healthcare, their food, their cars, the clothes on their backs are taxed damn near out of accessibility. I am tired of being taxed to death. Our healthcare was the best in the world. Canada, not so much.

But your arguments don't stand up here.

First. If you're in Canada, or Denmark or wherever, you can buy health insurance.

Second, in other countries you pay for your health insurance through taxes. However in the UK if you were to pay taxes for your health insurance AND buy private health insurance you'd still be paying LESS than you'd be paying in the US. You're fed up of paying taxes. Eh? What? Paying taxes is difficult? More difficult than buying health insurance? Health insurance pisses me off. It works on the basis that you pay your whole life, and if for some reason you can't pay one month and then you get ill, you're fucked. That annoys me.

Ok, let's try a different approach. We have an example of what healthcare is like under the control of the government. So let's grade them on the quality of care they have given the patients that depend on that care and see if we want the government to extend that care to us.

From 1 to 10 grade the government's performance caring for our vets.
I want the government as far away as it can get from my care.........

Medicare works great for me and it's single payer.
Medicare for everyone .. It's already set up and truly is easy.

ONE dentist in northern Nevada accepts Medicare. Care to guess how long a wait you would have to see them? It ain't all about you sweetie.

Medicare or Medicaid? Medicare does not cover dental unless there is an accident to your mouth.

Now if you have a Medicare Advantage you may have what insurance companies call the little extra's for you to purchase it and include minimal dental.

Medicare for old people. Hell it's hard to find a GP up here who will accept it. They get paid so little that most here won't accept it. That's the problem with obummer care. The deductibles have risen to 6500 but even after you reach your deductible you are still on the hook for 30% of the cost of whatever operation you need. Guess what, that is going to be 20,000 to 30,000 for the average operation. Care to guess how many middle class folks can cough that up?

Well you mentioned a dentist for Medicare.

Man who are you dealing with for insurance? Yes you may have a deductible of $6500 but your max out of pocket is no more than $7150 per person. So your deductible and copays and 30% hit 7150 you are at your max. Same across the land doesn't matter where your located if you are a compliant ACA plan.

I think you need to read the policies better. Cleraly you have no clue what you're talking about.

ONE dentist in northern Nevada accepts Medicare. Care to guess how long a wait you would have to see them? It ain't all about you sweetie.

Medicare or Medicaid? Medicare does not cover dental unless there is an accident to your mouth.

Now if you have a Medicare Advantage you may have what insurance companies call the little extra's for you to purchase it and include minimal dental.

Medicare for old people. Hell it's hard to find a GP up here who will accept it. They get paid so little that most here won't accept it. That's the problem with obummer care. The deductibles have risen to 6500 but even after you reach your deductible you are still on the hook for 30% of the cost of whatever operation you need. Guess what, that is going to be 20,000 to 30,000 for the average operation. Care to guess how many middle class folks can cough that up?

You certainly have some good points. As long as you are saying you are in favor of a Nationalized Medical Plan.

I have lived and worked in too any countries with socialized medicine to want it here. Socialized medicine sucks. Full stop.

If everyone was on Medicare doctors would take it.

Based on the veterans experiences with the VA all I can say is no. Hell no. Can you imagine the entire medical industry of the USA run like that?

I am trying to move from the VA care to Public Care. Here is what I have found.

Public Medicine is outrageous. The VA bulk buys and keeps the cost to the client down. I pay 8 bucks per monthy dosage under the VA. In the Public, I would pay at leat 15 and that is with Tricare covering the bulk of it. Civilians would pay the whole thing or have to have expensive medical insurance.

Trying to find a doctor is almost impossible under the Public System. I have been looking for a few months and only the subsidized offices (poor quality of health care) are available. Older Americans that choose or are forced to change doctors are in serious trouble.

I chose to go to a public emergency room for immediate care. Good service. But I found out something on my first using Medicare. Not only does it cost me 105 bucks a month, it has a 165 buck deduction. Now, factor in the Tricare with it's 175 to 400 buck deduction and you can see that I paid quite a bit for health care that was supposed to be covered. This doesn't sound like much to someone working at a 50K a year job but I am in the 2300 a month category and that 500 bucks worth of money is hard hit.

Medicare and Tricare are supposed to be single payer systems but they aren't much better than a good medical insurance program which are also quite expensive and selective in medical care along with some really hefty deductibles and monthly premiums.

My cost of medical under the public health care is about 2000 bucks a year. If I were under a public insurance program it would be closer to 5000 a year. And that is not counting medicine. Add in Medicine and it will average out to about 7500 a year for public medical care.

Now compare that to Denmark which you are taxed about 4500 per year in taxes to pay for and you see it's even cheaper than the Medical care that the Retired Vets get. And if you use that argument that they have poor health care you would be wrong. The Danish are extremely happy with their health care for any number of reasons. The using 2 failed systems (The US and Canada) as examples is just plain stupid instead of learning from a completely successful medical program.

You know that if you were in any other country, other than Canada or the US, you'd get decent healthcare insurance, private, for like $150 a month.

Funny that a Canadian that posts here, warned us about assuming their type of health care. I believe the example he used was of a woman in the ER waited 5 days to be seen. A Dane warned us that, while they had gov. healthcare, their food, their cars, the clothes on their backs are taxed damn near out of accessibility. I am tired of being taxed to death. Our healthcare was the best in the world. Canada, not so much.

But your arguments don't stand up here.

First. If you're in Canada, or Denmark or wherever, you can buy health insurance.

Second, in other countries you pay for your health insurance through taxes. However in the UK if you were to pay taxes for your health insurance AND buy private health insurance you'd still be paying LESS than you'd be paying in the US. You're fed up of paying taxes. Eh? What? Paying taxes is difficult? More difficult than buying health insurance? Health insurance pisses me off. It works on the basis that you pay your whole life, and if for some reason you can't pay one month and then you get ill, you're fucked. That annoys me.

Ok, let's try a different approach. We have an example of what healthcare is like under the control of the government. So let's grade them on the quality of care they have given the patients that depend on that care and see if we want the government to extend that care to us.

From 1 to 10 grade the government's performance caring for our vets.
I want the government as far away as it can get from my care.........

How about this one.

We have govt hospitals and we have private hospitals. If you don't like the care in the govt hospitals you pay for the private hospitals. If you're fine with govt hospitals, you go with govt hospitals?

Not when they don't get paid enough to run their practice. 50 billion in Medicare fraud is another concern as well. Face it the government does a poor job for most of what it is responsible for. The VA is merely the tip of the iceberg. I really suggest you do some research on the horror story that the NHS has become. They all start out as really great ideas, and i am with Ben Stein on this point, there is no reason why this country can't come up with a health care system that works for everyone, there just isn't. The problem is the insurance companies have bought the politicians that prevent real reform.

Not when they don't get paid enough to run their practice. 50 billion in Medicare fraud is another concern as well. Face it the government does a poor job for most of what it is responsible for. The VA is merely the tip of the iceberg. I really suggest you do some research on the horror story that the NHS has become. They all start out as really great ideas, and i am with Ben Stein on this point, there is no reason why this country can't come up with a health care system that works for everyone, there just isn't. The problem is the insurance companies have bought the politicians that prevent real reform.

You 're correct about the NHS. I've just returned from the UK, and the system is teetering on the edge.

It started off as an admirable system, when there was less population, a big drop in that due to WW2. But times have changed since those times. The demographics, immigration, mismanagement, lots of factors.

You certainly have some good points. As long as you are saying you are in favor of a Nationalized Medical Plan.

I have lived and worked in too any countries with socialized medicine to want it here. Socialized medicine sucks. Full stop.

So have I. You would rather have it like it trying to be presented in the US where only the well off gets anything other than Emergency room care?

Insurance companies caused the rates to go up. Not Obamacare. You get rid of insurance companies, no more rising rates and you can see whichever doctor you'd like.

No obamacare caused the rates to go up, if you have to accept anyone regardless of health problems as did insurance companies there are billion's of immediate losses on claims.

They are the ones who raised the rates. They usually do, and rates were going up even faster than before Obamacare.

Yes rates were going up before obamacare as they have every year. Population gets older and sicker and state regs require insurance companies have so much money in reserves to operate in that state.

Think about what your car insurance would cost you if the auto insurer's had to insure someone who just had an accident and pay for it although they had never had insurance with that company before.

Well you mentioned a dentist for Medicare.

Man who are you dealing with for insurance? Yes you may have a deductible of $6500 but your max out of pocket is no more than $7150 per person. So your deductible and copays and 30% hit 7150 you are at your max. Same across the land doesn't matter where your located if you are a compliant ACA plan.

I think you need to read the policies better. Cleraly you have no clue what you're talking about.

No I don't have to, I know the law I have worked with it and in deep into it for 4 years now. You are not throwing the whole story out there, either you're 70 years old as you stated and you don't even have to be on an ACA plan or you're not. Yes Nevada I think has or had it's own exchanges, but the law of the land says an individual max out of pocket for 2017 is $7150 per individual. Even though states with their own exchanges did a little different than the states that had to use Fed exchange the max is still the same.

If anyone of you pay quite a bit for prescriptions use a goodrx card, gives pretty good discounts. I believe it's goodrx.com

For a few this morning I thought maybe Nevada had their own thing and they do have their exchange but have seen mixed articles on whether they closed their state exchange or not. But even so the max's were the same, even catastrophic. Any compliant ACA plan has the max deductible's and max out of pocket per the link above.

So have I. You would rather have it like it trying to be presented in the US where only the well off gets anything other than Emergency room care?

No, you haven't. You claim to have served in the USAF which means you used on base medical facilities which means you have no clue what I am talking about. In New Zealand I was skiing with a friend when they crashed and injured their leg. The medical facility at the ski resort was better than the largest hospital in Christchurch. Why you may ask? Because they had tourist money to pay for it. And that is New Zealand, a completely modern country.

Critics called Medicare socialized medicine. Ask seniors how much they like Medicare.

That's because it is. And it is good for the most part. However, as they get paid less and less to do more and more you are seeing doctors refusing to accept it. So, once again, what good is an insurance program when no one accepts it?

If you believe you have a right to services provided by other people you are a parasite and should be thrown out of a helicopter.

Forum List

Back