Nationalize Med

Time to pick a fight.

The US is the ONLY western democracy without nationalized medicine. The other countries realize that medical care is a right, not a privilege.

Many people are moving towards National Medical. One of the groups that have voiced this is the Doctors. Imagine the billions saved by getting rid of the HMOs and Insurance Companies dealing in Medical benefits that do absolutely nothing except raking in the cash. We are talking billions.

Doctors are having trouble affording their medical offices, equipment, etc.. And it keeps going up. Meanwhile, the HMOs and Insurance Companies are taking a bigger chunk each year.

Nationalize Medicine means that Doctors don't have to afford the office space and equipment. It's paid for by the Billions saved by sending the HMOs and Insurance Companies packing.

One of the worst is the Malpractice law suits. Nationalizing gets rid of that.

It also gets rid of the deductables that are eating many of us alive.

Tag, yer it.

Based on the veterans experiences with the VA all I can say is no. Hell no. Can you imagine the entire medical industry of the USA run like that?

I am trying to move from the VA care to Public Care. Here is what I have found.

Public Medicine is outrageous. The VA bulk buys and keeps the cost to the client down. I pay 8 bucks per monthy dosage under the VA. In the Public, I would pay at leat 15 and that is with Tricare covering the bulk of it. Civilians would pay the whole thing or have to have expensive medical insurance.

Trying to find a doctor is almost impossible under the Public System. I have been looking for a few months and only the subsidized offices (poor quality of health care) are available. Older Americans that choose or are forced to change doctors are in serious trouble.

I chose to go to a public emergency room for immediate care. Good service. But I found out something on my first using Medicare. Not only does it cost me 105 bucks a month, it has a 165 buck deduction. Now, factor in the Tricare with it's 175 to 400 buck deduction and you can see that I paid quite a bit for health care that was supposed to be covered. This doesn't sound like much to someone working at a 50K a year job but I am in the 2300 a month category and that 500 bucks worth of money is hard hit.

Medicare and Tricare are supposed to be single payer systems but they aren't much better than a good medical insurance program which are also quite expensive and selective in medical care along with some really hefty deductibles and monthly premiums.

My cost of medical under the public health care is about 2000 bucks a year. If I were under a public insurance program it would be closer to 5000 a year. And that is not counting medicine. Add in Medicine and it will average out to about 7500 a year for public medical care.

Now compare that to Denmark which you are taxed about 4500 per year in taxes to pay for and you see it's even cheaper than the Medical care that the Retired Vets get. And if you use that argument that they have poor health care you would be wrong. The Danish are extremely happy with their health care for any number of reasons. The using 2 failed systems (The US and Canada) as examples is just plain stupid instead of learning from a completely successful medical program.

Outrageous but you get to live. How much is your life worth? I have had two veteran friends die, who would have lived, had they been with my doctor instead of with the VA.

Two? I might buy one but we already know you are long on tales and short on truths.

I am a lot older than you so I have a lot more friends who are older than you by a country mile. Might want to consider that the world doesn't revolve around you...sport.

Time to pick a fight.

The US is the ONLY western democracy without nationalized medicine. The other countries realize that medical care is a right, not a privilege.

Many people are moving towards National Medical. One of the groups that have voiced this is the Doctors. Imagine the billions saved by getting rid of the HMOs and Insurance Companies dealing in Medical benefits that do absolutely nothing except raking in the cash. We are talking billions.

Doctors are having trouble affording their medical offices, equipment, etc.. And it keeps going up. Meanwhile, the HMOs and Insurance Companies are taking a bigger chunk each year.

Nationalize Medicine means that Doctors don't have to afford the office space and equipment. It's paid for by the Billions saved by sending the HMOs and Insurance Companies packing.

Tag, yer it.

Based on the veterans experiences with the VA all I can say is no. Hell no. Can you imagine the entire medical industry of the USA run like that?

Public Medicine is outrageous. The VA bulk buys and keeps the cost to the client down. I pay 8 bucks per monthy dosage under the VA. In the Public, I would pay at leat 15 and that is with Tricare covering the bulk of it. Civilians would pay the whole thing or have to have expensive medical insurance.

Trying to find a doctor is almost impossible under the Public System. I have been looking for a few months and only the subsidized offices (poor quality of health care) are available. Older Americans that choose or are forced to change doctors are in serious trouble.

I chose to go to a public emergency room for immediate care. Good service. But I found out something on my first using Medicare. Not only does it cost me 105 bucks a month, it has a 165 buck deduction. Now, factor in the Tricare with it's 175 to 400 buck deduction and you can see that I paid quite a bit for health care that was supposed to be covered. This doesn't sound like much to someone working at a 50K a year job but I am in the 2300 a month category and that 500 bucks worth of money is hard hit.

Medicare and Tricare are supposed to be single payer systems but they aren't much better than a good medical insurance program which are also quite expensive and selective in medical care along with some really hefty deductibles and monthly premiums.

My cost of medical under the public health care is about 2000 bucks a year. If I were under a public insurance program it would be closer to 5000 a year. And that is not counting medicine. Add in Medicine and it will average out to about 7500 a year for public medical care.

Now compare that to Denmark which you are taxed about 4500 per year in taxes to pay for and you see it's even cheaper than the Medical care that the Retired Vets get. And if you use that argument that they have poor health care you would be wrong. The Danish are extremely happy with their health care for any number of reasons. The using 2 failed systems (The US and Canada) as examples is just plain stupid instead of learning from a completely successful medical program.

So you pay $1765 per year plus your $8.00 per month for drugs? Not bad. BTW didn't the VA drugs go down a little this past year thanks to Obama? I believe they did or maybe that was for only the disabled vets.

Is there a premium for tricare or just the deductible?

Meanwhile, we are averaging about 7000 bucks a year in the US. And we are getting a hole lot less.

Tricare has deductible only plus 8 bucks per month for each medicine.

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

Outrageous but you get to live. How much is your life worth? I have had two veteran friends die, who would have lived, had they been with my doctor instead of with the VA.

Two? I might buy one but we already know you are long on tales and short on truths.

I am a lot older than you so I have a lot more friends who are older than you by a country mile. Might want to consider that the world doesn't revolve around you...sport.

You really wish to go down this road? I'm game if you are.

You really wish to go down this road? I'm game if you are.

Which road is that?

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

So you pay $1765 per year plus your $8.00 per month for drugs? Not bad. BTW didn't the VA drugs go down a little this past year thanks to Obama? I believe they did or maybe that was for only the disabled vets.

Meanwhile, we are averaging about 7000 bucks a year in the US. And we are getting a hole lot less.

Do you have tricare for life or just tricare? Tricare for life pays your Medicare Part B deductible.

Health Plan Costs - TRICARE For Life Costs | TRICARE

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

Do you have tricare for life or just tricare? Tricare for life pays your Medicare Part B deductible.

No, we still have to have Medicare Part B to get Tricare for Life. I am on that train.

Tricare for life is second payer AFTER the deduction. And that deduction is above and beyond the Medicare B deduction. You are out of pocket for both the first time you use them in a year by a few hundred dollars.

Medicare works great for me and it's single payer.
Medicare for everyone .. It's already set up and truly is easy.

No, we still have to have Medicare Part B to get Tricare for Life. I am on that train.

Tricare for life is second payer AFTER the deduction. And that deduction is above and beyond the Medicare B deduction. You are out of pocket for both the first time you use them in a year by a few hundred dollars.

Well in that link I posted it says tricare for life is suppose to pay your Part B deductible.

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

You know that if you were in any other country, other than Canada or the US, you'd get decent healthcare insurance, private, for like $150 a month.

Funny that a Canadian that posts here, warned us about assuming their type of health care. I believe the example he used was of a woman in the ER waited 5 days to be seen. A Dane warned us that, while they had gov. healthcare, their food, their cars, the clothes on their backs are taxed damn near out of accessibility. I am tired of being taxed to death. Our healthcare was the best in the world. Canada, not so much.

But your arguments don't stand up here.

First. If you're in Canada, or Denmark or wherever, you can buy health insurance.

Second, in other countries you pay for your health insurance through taxes. However in the UK if you were to pay taxes for your health insurance AND buy private health insurance you'd still be paying LESS than you'd be paying in the US. You're fed up of paying taxes. Eh? What? Paying taxes is difficult? More difficult than buying health insurance? Health insurance pisses me off. It works on the basis that you pay your whole life, and if for some reason you can't pay one month and then you get ill, you're fucked. That annoys me.

ONE dentist in northern Nevada accepts Medicare. Care to guess how long a wait you would have to see them? It ain't all about you sweetie.

ONE dentist in northern Nevada accepts Medicare. Care to guess how long a wait you would have to see them? It ain't all about you sweetie.

Medicare or Medicaid? Medicare does not cover dental unless there is an accident to your mouth.

Now if you have a Medicare Advantage you may have what insurance companies call the little extra's for you to purchase it and include minimal dental.

Medicare or Medicaid? Medicare does not cover dental unless there is an accident to your mouth.

Now if you have a Medicare Advantage you may have what insurance companies call the little extra's for you to purchase it and include minimal dental.

Medicare for old people. Hell it's hard to find a GP up here who will accept it. They get paid so little that most here won't accept it. That's the problem with obummer care. The deductibles have risen to 6500 but even after you reach your deductible you are still on the hook for 30% of the cost of whatever operation you need. Guess what, that is going to be 20,000 to 30,000 for the average operation. Care to guess how many middle class folks can cough that up?

Insurance companies caused the rates to go up. Not Obamacare. You get rid of insurance companies, no more rising rates and you can see whichever doctor you'd like.

Insurance companies caused the rates to go up. Not Obamacare. You get rid of insurance companies, no more rising rates and you can see whichever doctor you'd like.

You are partly correct. obummer mandated that me, as a 70 year old male, had to have pregnancy coverage. The insurance companies said, "Ok boss...whatever you say" and they charged accordingly. obummer and co. forced the insurance companies to add in all sorts of crap to a policy that MOST people don't need. So, while the insurance companies indeed raised all of the costs, they were forced to do it. And you can thank obummer.

You are partly correct. obummer mandated that me, as a 70 year old male, had to have pregnancy coverage. The insurance companies said, "Ok boss...whatever you say" and they charged accordingly. obummer and co. forced the insurance companies to add in all sorts of crap to a policy that MOST people don't need. So, while the insurance companies indeed raised all of the costs, they were forced to do it. And you can thank obummer.

If you had no insurance companies, they wouldn't need to.

Medicare for old people. Hell it's hard to find a GP up here who will accept it. They get paid so little that most here won't accept it. That's the problem with obummer care. The deductibles have risen to 6500 but even after you reach your deductible you are still on the hook for 30% of the cost of whatever operation you need. Guess what, that is going to be 20,000 to 30,000 for the average operation. Care to guess how many middle class folks can cough that up?

Well you mentioned a dentist for Medicare.

Man who are you dealing with for insurance? Yes you may have a deductible of $6500 but your max out of pocket is no more than $7150 per person. So your deductible and copays and 30% hit 7150 you are at your max. Same across the land doesn't matter where your located if you are a compliant ACA plan.

WTH did you stay on an under 65 plan if you are 70?

No obamacare caused the rates to go up, if you have to accept anyone regardless of health problems as did insurance companies there are billion's of immediate losses on claims.

No obamacare caused the rates to go up, if you have to accept anyone regardless of health problems as did insurance companies there are billion's of immediate losses on claims.

They are the ones who raised the rates. They usually do, and rates were going up even faster than before Obamacare.

You certainly have some good points. As long as you are saying you are in favor of a Nationalized Medical Plan.

Forum List

Back