Nationalize Med

Time to pick a fight.

The US is the ONLY western democracy without nationalized medicine. The other countries realize that medical care is a right, not a privilege.

Many people are moving towards National Medical. One of the groups that have voiced this is the Doctors. Imagine the billions saved by getting rid of the HMOs and Insurance Companies dealing in Medical benefits that do absolutely nothing except raking in the cash. We are talking billions.

Doctors are having trouble affording their medical offices, equipment, etc.. And it keeps going up. Meanwhile, the HMOs and Insurance Companies are taking a bigger chunk each year.

Nationalize Medicine means that Doctors don't have to afford the office space and equipment. It's paid for by the Billions saved by sending the HMOs and Insurance Companies packing.

One of the worst is the Malpractice law suits. Nationalizing gets rid of that.

It also gets rid of the deductables that are eating many of us alive.

Tag, yer it.

I think if doctors ever unionized they could change the entire system to one-payer very quickly which is what needs to happen. Just looking at doctors, anyone that has been to a few doctors in the last ten years knows they are entirely controlled by insurance companies now. Many of them actually do harm to their patients because they lower their assessment of what is wrong with someone and what they need. I've talked to a number of doctors that have said this behind closed doors. A couple doctors I talked to have actually been ruined by an insurance company taking them to court because the doctor refused to redo their assessment in favor of the carrier paying a lot less money.

These few wealthy vampires who run these insurance companies have to be broken. Their lobby right now dumps too much into the hand of people in Congress who are all too eager to ignore constituents in favor of cash. The buzz to change this is growing, people are really fed up with this crap. Other countries actually value all human life and many of them are mostly atheist. This country which depending on which poll you look at is between 75% - 85% 'Christian' views human beings as a burden.

You must not know too many doctors. They for the most part hate single payer systems. Why bother spending a decade of your life becoming a doctor if you will only be paid what your average electrician can make. In fact in nations with single payer it is the doctors who are striking AGAINST the system.

Junior doctors strike: why are they taking action and how will it affect you?

You must not know many doctors. For the most part they are tired of the insurance companies coming between them and healing people. They enter the system having taken the Hypocratic Oath to 'do now harm' and are almost immediately forced to do harm because an insurance company tells them to. And the doctor has no option but to comply.

Time to pick a fight.

The US is the ONLY western democracy without nationalized medicine. The other countries realize that medical care is a right, not a privilege.

Many people are moving towards National Medical. One of the groups that have voiced this is the Doctors. Imagine the billions saved by getting rid of the HMOs and Insurance Companies dealing in Medical benefits that do absolutely nothing except raking in the cash. We are talking billions.

Doctors are having trouble affording their medical offices, equipment, etc.. And it keeps going up. Meanwhile, the HMOs and Insurance Companies are taking a bigger chunk each year.

Nationalize Medicine means that Doctors don't have to afford the office space and equipment. It's paid for by the Billions saved by sending the HMOs and Insurance Companies packing.

Tag, yer it.

I think if doctors ever unionized they could change the entire system to one-payer very quickly which is what needs to happen. Just looking at doctors, anyone that has been to a few doctors in the last ten years knows they are entirely controlled by insurance companies now. Many of them actually do harm to their patients because they lower their assessment of what is wrong with someone and what they need. I've talked to a number of doctors that have said this behind closed doors. A couple doctors I talked to have actually been ruined by an insurance company taking them to court because the doctor refused to redo their assessment in favor of the carrier paying a lot less money.

These few wealthy vampires who run these insurance companies have to be broken. Their lobby right now dumps too much into the hand of people in Congress who are all too eager to ignore constituents in favor of cash. The buzz to change this is growing, people are really fed up with this crap. Other countries actually value all human life and many of them are mostly atheist. This country which depending on which poll you look at is between 75% - 85% 'Christian' views human beings as a burden.

You must not know too many doctors. They for the most part hate single payer systems. Why bother spending a decade of your life becoming a doctor if you will only be paid what your average electrician can make. In fact in nations with single payer it is the doctors who are striking AGAINST the system.

You must not know many doctors. For the most part they are tired of the insurance companies coming between them and healing people. They enter the system having taken the Hypocratic Oath to 'do now harm' and are almost immediately forced to do harm because an insurance company tells them to. And the doctor has no option but to comply.

There was a documentary of sorts lasted a couple of hours, put out I think in the 90's about a well know Insurance company HMO's, it's called damaged care. You may find it out youtube, nope just went to look. It had several instances in it of denial of care. It was based on the person in charge of the insurance company approving and disapproving procedures and the more she disapproved the more promotions she was awarded. But she was basically forced when she was just a peon then as she became in charge of that department would approve procedures and the CEO would threaten her.

One scene I remember is a doctor was trying to get approved over the phone for a heart bypass on his patient while on his way to operating room and it showed her stamping disapproved and told the doctor so. I hated he did not operate and the man died. Another involved a cop and his daughter I believe had cerebral palsy and was disapproved for care and she may have died. The insurance company is still in business, public company making their shareholder's million's. That was then, I can only imagine now. Well company as we speak is known not to pay their claims in timely manner or requiring doctor's to send in additional information before they approve a payout.

Instead of laughing how about you address the reality of the poor pay that doctors make under the NHS, and the fact that they are rebelling against it. Or it that too difficult for your tiny little mind?

Are the doctors in a union? Are they allowed to be in a union in those places if they're "government employees"? When it comes to libturds, people can only demand more pay if they're paying their dues to the church of the global collective.

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

There was a documentary of sorts lasted a couple of hours, put out I think in the 90's about a well know Insurance company HMO's, it's called damaged care. You may find it out youtube, nope just went to look. It had several instances in it of denial of care. It was based on the person in charge of the insurance company approving and disapproving procedures and the more she disapproved the more promotions she was awarded. But she was basically forced when she was just a peon then as she became in charge of that department would approve procedures and the CEO would threaten her.

One scene I remember is a doctor was trying to get approved over the phone for a heart bypass on his patient while on his way to operating room and it showed her stamping disapproved and told the doctor so. I hated he did not operate and the man died. Another involved a cop and his daughter I believe had cerebral palsy and was disapproved for care and she may have died. The insurance company is still in business, public company making their shareholder's million's. That was then, I can only imagine now. Well company as we speak is known not to pay their claims in timely manner or requiring doctor's to send in additional information before they approve a payout.

I may have seen part of this documentary way back. It has gotten a lot worse. Insurance companies treat doctors almost like slaves and doctors have no recourse because they'll damage or lose their practice or if in a hospital the hospital won't cross the insurance company because that will but off their main revenue stream.

It has to change, insurance companies come between doctors and patients daily. The exact thing detractors had to say about the ACA or Obamacare. Which is partly true but not because 'the government' is involved. It's because Obamacare still has people get on an insurance company's policy like Blue Cross or Anthem so those entities still pull their crap with doctors.

Yeah, make it free for everybody.

To do that just nationalize every hospital and doctor's office without compensation.

Draft every doctor and nurse into national service - move them into barracks and feed them in mess halls. No pay - just an "allowance" of those things they need to stay alive.

Right, Hugo?

ME.

When you demand the government through the use of force steals my shit so that you can get free birth control pills. I should have the right to demand the government throws you out of a helicopter.

That would actually be the cheaper way to go as well.

Now there's the most effective method of birth control of which I've ever heard!

Oh, if the throwee happens to be pregnant, does the thrower get double liberal brownie points for the death of the infant?

Now there's the most effective method of birth control of which I've ever heard!

Oh, if the throwee happens to be pregnant, does the thrower get double liberal brownie points for the death of the infant?

Only if you count it as an abortion and paint a pink ribbon on the helicopter for breast cancer awareness.

Then you're covered because you "care".

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

I may have seen part of this documentary way back. It has gotten a lot worse. Insurance companies treat doctors almost like slaves and doctors have no recourse because they'll damage or lose their practice or if in a hospital the hospital won't cross the insurance company because that will but off their main revenue stream.

It has to change, insurance companies come between doctors and patients daily. The exact thing detractors had to say about the ACA or Obamacare. Which is partly true but not because 'the government' is involved. It's because Obamacare still has people get on an insurance company's policy like Blue Cross or Anthem so those entities still pull their crap with doctors.

2002 it was
Linda Peeno - Wikipedia

Damaged Care | Dove Family Friendly Movie Reviews

Yeah, make it free for everybody.

To do that just nationalize every hospital and doctor's office without compensation.

Draft every doctor and nurse into national service - move them into barracks and feed them in mess halls. No pay - just an "allowance" of those things they need to stay alive.

Right, Hugo?

That would be a 7 year old's way of doing it. Better to just look to the rest of the civilized world and see how they do it, successfully. The examples are already up and running for decades. Only in the US, which cons claim incessantly is a 'christian nation', is life treated as dog-eat-dog still. Survival of the fittest which betrays a belief in Darwinian evolution as well.

That would be a 7 year old's way of doing it. Better to just look to the rest of the civilized world and see how they do it, successfully. The examples are already up and running for decades. Only in the US, which cons claim incessantly is a 'christian nation', is life treated as dog-eat-dog still. Survival of the fittest which betrays a belief in Darwinian evolution as well.

I'm impressed! That Hugo thunk all that up when he was only 7! Personal friend?

Anticipated response:

Whiny liberal demand for "link" followed by a silly icon or, if this is an especially good day, an insult directed at me, my family, my pets, etc.

Social Security isn't a Ponzi Scheme. You earned it, you paid into it and you get your money.

How much longer are people going to use emergency rooms if funds are stripped?

Our system was never one of the best and countries with single payer type systems rank ahead of. I can post a study I saw later. It's not good for our country and its not about to get better as the Freedom Caucus is ironically named.

Then take your dumb ass to Europe you fuckin parasite.

Why you leftist assholes can't just leave us with one country that you don't run into the ground with your regressive tyranny is beyond me.

Again with the name calling. It says more about you than it says about me.

Last edited:
Again with th name calling. It says more about you than it says about me.

There's no point in saying anything else about you. Let me look for fucks to give about anything you have to say...

D7KiE8O.gif

rJbivLs.gif

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

I count three surgeons as hunting buddies, and another five or so who i go shooting with on a regular basis, and I fly with three others. They would all think you're a blathering fool.

Instead of laughing how about you address the reality of the poor pay that doctors make under the NHS, and the fact that they are rebelling against it. Or it that too difficult for your tiny little mind?

Are the doctors in a union? Are they allowed to be in a union in those places if they're "government employees"? When it comes to libturds, people can only demand more pay if they're paying their dues to the church of the global collective.

I am not sure to be honest with you.

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

I count three surgeons as hunting buddies, and another five or so who i go shooting with on a regular basis, and I fly with three others. They would all think you're a blathering fool.

Yep, the Medicare fee schedule isn't much for these docs and most of your health insurance claims they base on Medicare fee schedule and add a little to it. I believe the republican's are trying to raise this a little, but I don't think a little will work. I've seen some of these EOB's Medicare sends out, for instance I saw one for a patient that was receiving physical therapy for knee surgery, the bill was well over a hundred and when they were done the patients 20% was only $8.00.

Medicare and insurance companies think the docs can make the difference's up by quantity instead of quality. I have a procedure tomorrow morning as an outpatient that I will be put to sleep and the procedure lasts approximately 10 minutes. My cost is $101.00 for facility, don't know what or if the doc is getting anything over and above not to mention the anesthesiologist.

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

Yep, the Medicare fee schedule isn't much for these docs and most of your health insurance claims they base on Medicare fee schedule and add a little to it. I believe the republican's are trying to raise this a little, but I don't think a little will work. I've seen some of these EOB's Medicare sends out, for instance I saw one for a patient that was receiving physical therapy for knee surgery, the bill was well over a hundred and when they were done the patients 20% was only $8.00.

Medicare and insurance companies think the docs can make the difference's up by quantity instead of quality. I have a procedure tomorrow morning as an outpatient that I will be put to sleep and the procedure lasts approximately 10 minutes. My cost is $101.00 for facility, don't know what or if the doc is getting anything over and above not to mention the anesthesiologist.

When I had my heart surgery i worked out a deal with the surgeon and i paid him 4800 bucks for his part of it. The anesthesiologist got 3K IIRC. The hospital charged 101K for my four day visit, but the insurance company whittled that down to around 80k IIRC. Had I not paid him cash the surgeons bill would have been around 7500 to cover all of the BS expenses he gets hit for, and the amount of time it takes to get paid from the insurance company.

He won't accept Medicare period. He will do pro bono operations on those who need him but can't afford him however. He's a pretty good egg.

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

I know a number of doctors that would count you as a blathering fool.

If you believe you have a right to services provided by other people you are a parasite and should be thrown out of a helicopter.

And who makes the decision of whom is thrown from that Chopper? Exactly where is the line drawn?

It's supposed to be the Constitution. But that only works if we remember what it's for. We've largely lost that and will largely lose freedom as a result.

It's not in the Constitution. Its in the Declaration of Independence.

We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness; ...

Sounds to me like it was meant to mean it for ALL and not just some. Again, who gets to pick who lives or dies, unhappy and without liberty?

We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness; ...

Sounds to me like it was meant to mean it for ALL and not just some. Again, who gets to pick who lives or dies, unhappy and without liberty?

The declaration isn't LAW.

The LAW.... otherwise known as The Constitution does not provide an avenue for you to use the government to coerce me into funding your sustenance.

Period. End of mother fucking discussion.

"Giving" you shit TAKEN from anyone else is immoral without the consent of the providing party.

Period.

It is being resisted and resistance to tyranny ALWAYS prevails. Don't like it? Go to euroweenieland where they not only don't resist it, they demand it. The rest of our ancestors left for a damn good reason.

If you believe you have a right to services provided by other people you are a parasite and should be thrown out of a helicopter.

And who makes the decision of whom is thrown from that Chopper? Exactly where is the line drawn?

It's supposed to be the Constitution. But that only works if we remember what it's for. We've largely lost that and will largely lose freedom as a result.

Oh, I see. You misread the quote you were responding to. Pete suggested those who want to use government for entitlements be "thrown out of a helicopter". I assumed you were asking, figuratively, how we decided what services government should provide.

If you're actually asking who decides who lives or dies, ultimately it's whoever is paying for it. If we set it up so that government is paying for our health care, government will make that call (ie "death panels"). Otherwise, it's up to the individual in question to arrange financing for their own health care.

Forum List

Back