Walking in the morning while being black.

You are a bitter lib who does not understand or appreciate how important the police are to your safety
I am a constitutionalist that believes our rights come from our creator and no government agent has a right to stomp on those rights,,

youre authoritarian view that cops can beat innocent people in the streets in front of their children is the leftist ideology,,

I understand

According to OK law the cops are expected to prevent crime but are not give the tools they need
If the police officer can reasonable articulate a crime he believes a person has committed he can require the ID. At least that’s the way the law reads in most states. Thes cops didn’t even try to do that. In fact the dumb ass to put the guy in cuffs said he was placing him under arrest BECAUSE he wouldn’t identify himself which typically is specifically forbidden in these types of laws.

Cop was an IDIOT. He could have asked the guy his name and address and had it verrified in a few minutes.
Then he could have been on his way, but even that should not be necessary.

Yeah sure

I think so too

But identifying yourself to a police officer in the line of duty is no threat to liberty
but demanding he provide ID when no crime has been committed is threat to liberty and why we have it written down in the constitution,,

next time you call someone else a lib/leftist you should look in a mirror,,

cause your position on this case is pure leftist nazi bullshit,,

If the police officer can reasonable articulate a crime he believes a person has committed he can require the ID. At least that’s the way the law reads in most states. Thes cops didn’t even try to do that. In fact the dumb ass to put the guy in cuffs said he was placing him under arrest BECAUSE he wouldn’t identify himself which typically is specifically forbidden in these types of laws.
You are flogging a dead horse

I agree that the cop was impatient and should have used better proceedure

But your overreaction is no better than the cop’s

Of course it's excessive. There will always be outlier Cops who don't belong on the force. We don't see "viral videos" of the 99 percent of Cops who do a good job and risk their lives to keep citizens safe.
This^

For whatever reason, the police are singled out. What about the teachers who abuse children. What about the doctors who abuse their patients. They are in positions of power. Same as cops. But cops get singled out.

You are flogging a dead horse

I agree that the cop was impatient and should have used better proceedure

But your overreaction is no better than the cop’s
youre the one over reacting,,

the cop was not just over reacting he was pissing on the very constitution he swore an oath to prtect and defend,, and he did it in front of the guys kid,,

what do you think that kid will think of cops after this??

but demanding he provide ID when no crime has been committed is threat to liberty and why we have it written down in the constitution,

The cops have authority to detain a suspect till they can establish is identity if they have a reason to be suspicious

That is a protection of everyone

why are you trying to deflect from a cop beating up an innocent man in front of his child??
There is no deflection. I don’t approve of what that individual cop did. Although if a police officer asks me for my name, I will absolutely give it to him. I don’t have anything to hide.

The point was clear. These topics are given way too much attention and sensation by the media. Again teachers, doctors people in similar positions of power who have social trust have abused their students and patients .

The overwhelming majority of police in America are good people. Hell most Americans are good people. We don’t need to defund the police or start hating on the police for the actions of an individual few officers.

youre the one over reacting,,

the cop was not just over reacting he was pissing on the very constitution he swore an oath to prtect and defend,, and he did it in front of the guys kid,,

what do you think that kid will think of cops after this??
No you are the one going ballistic

The cops have authority to detain a suspect till they can establish is identity if they have a reason to be suspicious

That is a protection of everyone
no they do not,,

only if a crime has been committed can they do that,,

they can ask but they cant demand,,

they sure the fuck cant beat up an innocent man in front of his child,,

they swore an oath to this and he pissed all over that oath,,

you may be thinking of nazi germany where they could stop anyone and demand papers,,

There is no deflection. I don’t approve of what that individual cop did. Although if a police officer asks me for my name, I will absolutely give it to him. I don’t have anything to hide.

The point was clear. These topics are given way too much attention and sensation by the media. Again teachers, doctors people in similar positions of power who have social trust have abused their students and patients .

The overwhelming majority of police in America are good people. Hell most Americans are good people. We don’t need to defund the police or start hating on the police for the actions of an individual few officers.
again with the deflection,,

becuse no crime was committed this guy had no legal obligation to tell the cop anything,,

Forum List

Back