Nationalize Med

Teenager refused lung transplant because he smoked marijuana dies after failed surgery

Teenager dies because Utah hospital refuses to give him a lung transplant, simply because he smoked pot. Oh, nice one.... just shows how rubbish nationalized healthcare is. Oh, no, wait, you have to pay for healthcare at the University of Utah Hospital... and they still let you die.

About Your Bill - Billing | University of Utah Health

If nationalized, he wouldn't have died. Nobody else has this problem but us.

The government has done enough to my soaring premiums. Get the hell out of my healthcare.

The US has the highest medical costs in the world. A nationalized system might reduce costs by 50%.

We have seen what government taking over our health care produces. Our healthcare was fine. We had an insurance problem. Reduce those costs by 50% and we are good to go....

The government has done enough to my soaring premiums. Get the hell out of my healthcare.
You already pay more than folks in any other leading nation, you must love that.

When you take in to account the extremely high tax rates that people pay in single payer countries it isn't that much if at all. And, as has been pointed out before, many times, we pay more for our drugs because we can. We, the citizens of the USA carry the burden so that every other person on the planet has access to drugs at a lower cost than us.

We pay more for drugs because of greedy pharmaceutical companies that are out of control. We get rid of insurance companies and we get rid of the problems.

Teenager refused lung transplant because he smoked marijuana dies after failed surgery

Teenager dies because Utah hospital refuses to give him a lung transplant, simply because he smoked pot. Oh, nice one.... just shows how rubbish nationalized healthcare is. Oh, no, wait, you have to pay for healthcare at the University of Utah Hospital... and they still let you die.

Wrong again. Are you truly that ignorant or are you willfully blind?

Patients condemned to die by NHS ban on leukaemia lifeline | Daily Mail Online

The NHS denied me a second bone marrow transplant and signed my life away
Abi-Longfellow.jpg

Brave Abi Longfellow's heartbreak after NHS denies her drugs that may save her life
The 13-year-old schoolgirl is set to go ahead with a risky kidney transplant that may claim her life, because health chiefs won't sanction 137k-a-year bill

Brave Abi Longfellow to risk a kidney transplant without lifesaving drug

Abi-Longfellow.jpg

Brave Abi Longfellow's heartbreak after NHS denies her drugs that may save her life
The 13-year-old schoolgirl is set to go ahead with a risky kidney transplant that may claim her life, because health chiefs won't sanction 137k-a-year bill

Not blind at all. The for profit healthcare system is a failure.

Time to pick a fight.

The US is the ONLY western democracy without nationalized medicine. The other countries realize that medical care is a right, not a privilege.

Many people are moving towards National Medical. One of the groups that have voiced this is the Doctors. Imagine the billions saved by getting rid of the HMOs and Insurance Companies dealing in Medical benefits that do absolutely nothing except raking in the cash. We are talking billions.

Doctors are having trouble affording their medical offices, equipment, etc.. And it keeps going up. Meanwhile, the HMOs and Insurance Companies are taking a bigger chunk each year.

Nationalize Medicine means that Doctors don't have to afford the office space and equipment. It's paid for by the Billions saved by sending the HMOs and Insurance Companies packing.

One of the worst is the Malpractice law suits. Nationalizing gets rid of that.

It also gets rid of the deductables that are eating many of us alive.

Tag, yer it.

Based on the veterans experiences with the VA all I can say is no. Hell no. Can you imagine the entire medical industry of the USA run like that?

I am trying to move from the VA care to Public Care. Here is what I have found.

Public Medicine is outrageous. The VA bulk buys and keeps the cost to the client down. I pay 8 bucks per monthy dosage under the VA. In the Public, I would pay at leat 15 and that is with Tricare covering the bulk of it. Civilians would pay the whole thing or have to have expensive medical insurance.

Trying to find a doctor is almost impossible under the Public System. I have been looking for a few months and only the subsidized offices (poor quality of health care) are available. Older Americans that choose or are forced to change doctors are in serious trouble.

I chose to go to a public emergency room for immediate care. Good service. But I found out something on my first using Medicare. Not only does it cost me 105 bucks a month, it has a 165 buck deduction. Now, factor in the Tricare with it's 175 to 400 buck deduction and you can see that I paid quite a bit for health care that was supposed to be covered. This doesn't sound like much to someone working at a 50K a year job but I am in the 2300 a month category and that 500 bucks worth of money is hard hit.

Medicare and Tricare are supposed to be single payer systems but they aren't much better than a good medical insurance program which are also quite expensive and selective in medical care along with some really hefty deductibles and monthly premiums.

My cost of medical under the public health care is about 2000 bucks a year. If I were under a public insurance program it would be closer to 5000 a year. And that is not counting medicine. Add in Medicine and it will average out to about 7500 a year for public medical care.

Now compare that to Denmark which you are taxed about 4500 per year in taxes to pay for and you see it's even cheaper than the Medical care that the Retired Vets get. And if you use that argument that they have poor health care you would be wrong. The Danish are extremely happy with their health care for any number of reasons. The using 2 failed systems (The US and Canada) as examples is just plain stupid instead of learning from a completely successful medical program.

The US has the highest medical costs in the world. A nationalized system might reduce costs by 50%.

We have seen what government taking over our health care produces. Our healthcare was fine. We had an insurance problem. Reduce those costs by 50% and we are good to go....

Well, insurance companies need to pay their workers (for doing something unnecessary) and they need to take a slice of the pie for profits (for doing something unnecessary. You think they're going to lower those costs by 50% of the cost of the healthcare industry? You think they're just going to stop doctors being on the take? Pharma companies literally bribing doctors? It's not going to happen in the private system unless the govt stops it/

Time to pick a fight.

The US is the ONLY western democracy without nationalized medicine. The other countries realize that medical care is a right, not a privilege.

Many people are moving towards National Medical. One of the groups that have voiced this is the Doctors. Imagine the billions saved by getting rid of the HMOs and Insurance Companies dealing in Medical benefits that do absolutely nothing except raking in the cash. We are talking billions.

Doctors are having trouble affording their medical offices, equipment, etc.. And it keeps going up. Meanwhile, the HMOs and Insurance Companies are taking a bigger chunk each year.

Nationalize Medicine means that Doctors don't have to afford the office space and equipment. It's paid for by the Billions saved by sending the HMOs and Insurance Companies packing.

Tag, yer it.

Based on the veterans experiences with the VA all I can say is no. Hell no. Can you imagine the entire medical industry of the USA run like that?

Public Medicine is outrageous. The VA bulk buys and keeps the cost to the client down. I pay 8 bucks per monthy dosage under the VA. In the Public, I would pay at leat 15 and that is with Tricare covering the bulk of it. Civilians would pay the whole thing or have to have expensive medical insurance.

Trying to find a doctor is almost impossible under the Public System. I have been looking for a few months and only the subsidized offices (poor quality of health care) are available. Older Americans that choose or are forced to change doctors are in serious trouble.

I chose to go to a public emergency room for immediate care. Good service. But I found out something on my first using Medicare. Not only does it cost me 105 bucks a month, it has a 165 buck deduction. Now, factor in the Tricare with it's 175 to 400 buck deduction and you can see that I paid quite a bit for health care that was supposed to be covered. This doesn't sound like much to someone working at a 50K a year job but I am in the 2300 a month category and that 500 bucks worth of money is hard hit.

Medicare and Tricare are supposed to be single payer systems but they aren't much better than a good medical insurance program which are also quite expensive and selective in medical care along with some really hefty deductibles and monthly premiums.

My cost of medical under the public health care is about 2000 bucks a year. If I were under a public insurance program it would be closer to 5000 a year. And that is not counting medicine. Add in Medicine and it will average out to about 7500 a year for public medical care.

Now compare that to Denmark which you are taxed about 4500 per year in taxes to pay for and you see it's even cheaper than the Medical care that the Retired Vets get. And if you use that argument that they have poor health care you would be wrong. The Danish are extremely happy with their health care for any number of reasons. The using 2 failed systems (The US and Canada) as examples is just plain stupid instead of learning from a completely successful medical program.

You know that if you were in any other country, other than Canada or the US, you'd get decent healthcare insurance, private, for like $150 a month.

You already pay more than folks in any other leading nation, you must love that.

When you take in to account the extremely high tax rates that people pay in single payer countries it isn't that much if at all. And, as has been pointed out before, many times, we pay more for our drugs because we can. We, the citizens of the USA carry the burden so that every other person on the planet has access to drugs at a lower cost than us.

Actually the gov. will tax everything we buy even more to provide healthcare. And drug companies can charge with reckless abandon. Epi pen is a perfect example. Leave our health care alone, go after the insurance and pharmaceuticals. Cap their incomes.
I picked up a script up for my husband. They rang it up, and told me the cost was $1,400. I said, "no it $14.00".
She left and came back and said, "Sorry, we thought we were charging medicare."
If the government regulated them, and the insurance companies instead of us, the whole system would be cost effective.
I watched a news segment last night where the mother of a diabetic was buying insulin on the black market because insurance wouldn't cover the particular brand name insulin that her daughter needed. That is what needs to be addressed.

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

You know that if you were in any other country, other than Canada or the US, you'd get decent healthcare insurance, private, for like $150 a month.

Funny that a Canadian that posts here, warned us about assuming their type of health care. I believe the example he used was of a woman in the ER waited 5 days to be seen. A Dane warned us that, while they had gov. healthcare, their food, their cars, the clothes on their backs are taxed damn near out of accessibility. I am tired of being taxed to death. Our healthcare was the best in the world. Canada, not so much.

Abi-Longfellow.jpg

And yet it is the best system in the world regardless of the propaganda you've been fed and continuously repeat. Canadian politicians ought to know, they come HERE.

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

Outrageous but you get to live. How much is your life worth? I have had two veteran friends die, who would have lived, had they been with my doctor instead of with the VA.

Abi-Longfellow.jpg

And yet it is the best system in the world regardless of the propaganda you've been fed and continuously repeat. Canadian politicians ought to know, they come HERE.
You're the one buying propaganda from insurance companies.

Abi-Longfellow.jpg

You're the one buying propaganda from insurance companies.

Wrong. I despise the health insurance community. I however am very aware of the problems with single payer systems worldwide having lived and worked in countries with them. So long as you are healthy they are great. Got a broken bone? No problem, but get old, or a chronic disease, and you're screwed.

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

Outrageous but you get to live. How much is your life worth? I have had two veteran friends die, who would have lived, had they been with my doctor instead of with the VA.

Two? I might buy one but we already know you are long on tales and short on truths.

Abi-Longfellow.jpg

No it is not. It isn't propaganda. This country just doesn't measure up in rankings.

Time to pick a fight.

Tag, yer it.

So you pay $1765 per year plus your $8.00 per month for drugs? Not bad. BTW didn't the VA drugs go down a little this past year thanks to Obama? I believe they did or maybe that was for only the disabled vets.

Is there a premium for tricare or just the deductible?

Abi-Longfellow.jpg

No it is not. It isn't propaganda. This country just doesn't measure up in rankings.

That's where you are wrong. Propagandists tell you it is awful here. If it were, the Canadian politicians (who's socialized medical system you so admire) wouldn't be coming HERE, to the USA for their lifesaving operations. I will take cold, hard, facts, over your propaganda any day of the week.

Danny Williams, the premier of the Canadian province of Newfoundland, traveled to the United States earlier this month to undergo heart valve surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami. With his trip, Williams joined a long list of Canadians who have decided that they prefer American medicine to their own country's government-run health system when their lives are on the line.

But just as American hospitals are becoming popular vacation destinations for about 40,000 Canadians a year, California's Senate is pressing ahead with its effort to make the state's health care system more like the one in the Great White North. The Senate recently approved a bill sponsored by Mark Leno, D-San Francisco, that would install a government-run, single-payer health system in the Golden State. The Assembly will soon consider the measure.

Lawmakers should take Williams' case to heart. Canada's experience shows that government health care leads to waiting lists, rationing and lower quality of care.

Why Canadian premier seeks health care in U.S.

"Liberal MP Belinda Stronach, who is battling breast cancer, travelled to California last June for an operation that was recommended as part of her treatment, says a report.

Stronach's spokesman, Greg MacEachern, told the Toronto Star that the MP for Newmarket-Aurora had a "later-stage" operation in the U.S. after a Toronto doctor referred her.

"Belinda had one of her later-stage operations in California, after referral from her personal physicians in Toronto. Prior to this, Belinda had surgery and treatment in Toronto, and continues to receive follow-up treatment there," said MacEachern."

Stronach went to U.S. for cancer treatment: report

Last edited:

Forum List

Back