🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Navy SEAL who killed bin Laden left in poverty with no pension, healthcare or protect

Bingo. He sorta brags about killing obl but doesn't have the courage to stay in for another 4. Something sorta outta place here.

I was drafted, couldn;t wait to get out. Now I wish I would have done 20; but back then the military wasn't to popular.
courage ??he's a fucking Navy Seal !! he's got guts by the bucket load !! we don't know what kinds of physical and mental problems he has developed in 16 yrs.

obviously he has enough of a mental capacity to try and milk the system.
Is he anymore of a hero than a young man being drafted from a dairy farm in utah, the only child in the family to serve during Vietnam

I don't think being an only son he could be drafted then...it used to be that way anyway. When our son joined the Army we could have stopped it, he's the only male child, but we wouldn't because we knew that's what he wanted to do, it was his choice. That's one of the reasons I disliked Cindy Sheehan....her son joined, was not drafted, and she dishonored him by doing what she did to Bush. It's funny, now you don't hear a word from her!

Wow according to the article he only made $54,000 as a Seal? That's horrible for such dangerous work!! And people think our military is over paid! :(

We can't pay the military men and women enough. We should cut new weapons building and put every cent of that money that would be spent on the manufacture of weapons (not development) into pay and benefits for the soldiers, sailors, and airmen/airwomen.

When they finally close the book on our nation, the paltry pay that we dole out to the finest warriors in the world will, no doubt, be highlighted.

Base pay for an E-2, right out of boot camp - sent to war - $1699/month

They are WAY underpaid for what they're asked to do...

2013 Military Pay Chart | US Military Pay Chart

By the time you qualify as a Seal, your rank is a lot higher than E2. For another thing, all their expenses are paid for: their meals, their health insurance, their housing - everything.

You can qualify for SEAL training if you're an E4. My best friend had to be promoted to E4 to qualify. They may be taking them lower now. The difference in pay between E2 and E4 is minute. Sure they pay for just about everything but unless you're wounded in battle you have to go through normal health care like everyone else. Stress fractures, worn out joints, slipped disks, bad knees, arthritis, the usual shit. Getting shot is the least of your worries. Job related stress, depression, wear and tear on the body most people never see. And once the military is done with you they toss you out.

Besides, Obama got Bin Laden, not these guys.

I disliked Cindy Sheehan....her son joined, was not drafted, and she dishonored him by doing what she did to Bush. It's funny, now you don't hear a word from her!
When Cindy Sheehan was attacking Bush. She was the darling of the media.

But once Obama got elected the media shut her out; even though her message was exactly the same.......... :cool:

I disliked Cindy Sheehan....her son joined, was not drafted, and she dishonored him by doing what she did to Bush. It's funny, now you don't hear a word from her!
When Cindy Sheehan was attacking Bush. She was the darling of the media.

But once Obama got elected the media shut her out; even though her message was exactly the same.......... :cool:

obama is the messiah. He can do no wrong. And, she got boring.

At the end of WWII we put Audie Murphy in the movies. Now we want to forget the very man who gave obama his campaign slogans and face time.

No. We didn't put Audie Murphy in the movies. Murphy made a decision to go into the movies and was lucky enough for that to work out for him. Nor are we forgetting this man. But the system applies to all military equally, not just to those who got into the spotlight. Now, if you want to improve those benefits I am all for it. Let's figure out what it will cost and raise taxes accordingly. Let's beef up the VA, increase the number of adjudicators, hire a lot more doctors, open up more hospitals. Sound good?

why do you people hate retired military people?

Why do you hate your fellow citizens TM? Nobody HATES them - it's you that is full of hate for anyone that doesn't think just like you. Thank God there aren't many of them!

Why the hell did he opt out before his 20 years??

I was thinking the same thing.

The government is big on promises but not so much on coming through on their promises.

Kinda like those WMDs.

:eusa_whistle:

bush-electricchair400freakface.jpg

Last edited:
At the end of WWII we put Audie Murphy in the movies. Now we want to forget the very man who gave obama his campaign slogans and face time.

No. We didn't put Audie Murphy in the movies. Murphy made a decision to go into the movies and was lucky enough for that to work out for him. Nor are we forgetting this man. But the system applies to all military equally, not just to those who got into the spotlight. Now, if you want to improve those benefits I am all for it. Let's figure out what it will cost and raise taxes accordingly. Let's beef up the VA, increase the number of adjudicators, hire a lot more doctors, open up more hospitals. Sound good?

How about we don't raise taxes and cut off the welfare for those 6'3" ex cons who buffed up in the prison gym instead? We could also take money from programs that put shrimp on treadmills to see how fast they run. How about we CUT taxes and force the government to prioritize what funds they are left with? What's more important, the VA or NPR?

obama has a better idea, cut military benefits and send the money to Egypt! Yeah, that'll work out real well.

How about we don't raise taxes and cut off the welfare for those 6'3" ex cons who buffed up in the prison gym instead? We could also take money from programs that put shrimp on treadmills to see how fast they run. How about we CUT taxes and force the government to prioritize what funds they are left with? What's more important, the VA or NPR?

So you're desire to help ends at the point it costs you something. I guess we've forgotten the poor guy already.

I thought you hated the 47% who are takers.

that number includes all military on pensions
You are such a nitwit TM......... :cuckoo:

People on pensions are not takers.

They worked years to EARN their pensions........... :cool:

So do cops and firemen. They work over 20 years, most require 25-30 years, and they too risk their lives to "protect us". But the GOP bitches and whines about their pay, pension, benefits. Why is a street cop any less deserving of a good retirement than, say, a cook or dentist in the Navy who never saw combat, but is a veteran anyhow?

Look at the numbers. In peace time, far more cops die on duty than military folks. And even in 2002 and 2003, more cops died in America on duty than did troops in the Iraq invasion.

Mean while in Hollywood they are making big money on this very story.. Why because Obama admid gave them details of the mission. I believe that the seals who did take down bin ladin should get a cut. If a civilian found them they would have gotten 25 million but because it was military they get NOTHING

Um, nowhere and at no time did anyone say that our military personnel is overpaid. It is the thugs and thieves that are defense contractors that fleeced American taxpayers out of billions and billions of dollars. And they did it with the help of the Bush administration.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back