Navy SEAL who killed bin Laden left in poverty with no pension, healthcare or protect

I personally shot OBL and the government hasn't given me a damn thing for it!

People don't join the military to get rich, they join the military to serve their nation and their fellow citizens.

....And, THEN they qualify for the big buck$!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAeE4SUdshs]Blackwater: Murderous Crusaders for Christ - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5xT1DGJMoQ]Bush on Contractors in Iraq - YouTube[/ame]​

He quit before he was eligible for a pension so what's the big deal?

Bingo. He sorta brags about killing obl but doesn't have the courage to stay in for another 4. Something sorta outta place here.

I was drafted, couldn;t wait to get out. Now I wish I would have done 20; but back then the military wasn't to popular.
courage ??he's a fucking Navy Seal !! he's got guts by the bucket load !! we don't know what kinds of physical and mental problems he has developed in 16 yrs.

Bingo. He sorta brags about killing obl but doesn't have the courage to stay in for another 4. Something sorta outta place here.

I was drafted, couldn;t wait to get out. Now I wish I would have done 20; but back then the military wasn't to popular.
courage ??he's a fucking Navy Seal !! he's got guts by the bucket load !! we don't know what kinds of physical and mental problems he has developed in 16 yrs.

obviously he has enough of a mental capacity to try and milk the system.
Is he anymore of a hero than a young man being drafted from a dairy farm in utah, the only child in the family to serve during Vietnam

I don't know why he got out, but you have a point. He chose to join the navy and chose to become a SEAL. He chose to leave the navy early. I wasn't drafted but I served with a lot of guys who were and they never had that choice. No one screamed when they came home that they weren't getting their benefits fast enough.

If you are familiar with the Navy's pension system, you'd know that he has to do at least 20 to qualify....or else medical retirement. Why didn't he stay 20? As far as healthcare...as a vet, at the minimum, he STILL HAS the VA.

Why the hell did he opt out before his 20 years??

I was thinking the same thing.

Apparently he's all busted up and broke down, which is what you usually are after years in Special Ops. He got out on a medical and he should be getting disability but like always it takes years to go through the process.

Many of my friends are in similar situations. The government is big on promises but not so much on coming through on their promises. Just about everyone I know has health issues once they leave and we all have to get in line at the VA. Anyone who says otherwise never had to go through it.

I thought you hated the 47% who are takers.

that number includes all military on pensions

The 47%ers are those that pay no income taxes.

I pay taxes on my pension and my income, plus I pay payroll taxes ito FICA and Medicare.

Base pay for an E-2, right out of boot camp - sent to war - $1699/month

They are WAY underpaid for what they're asked to do...

2013 Military Pay Chart | US Military Pay Chart

By the time you qualify as a Seal, your rank is a lot higher than E2. For another thing, all their expenses are paid for: their meals, their health insurance, their housing - everything.

My son is an E5....his gross income this year was $37,000.00. He's married with 3 kids..a mortgage (yes, his housing pays SOME of that house payment - but not the utilities). They live from paycheck to paycheck. He's been to Iraq 3 times. He has to be away from his family at times for days to weeks. He's now in a job that he'll be gone to who knows where for possibly months and his wife runs the household (thank God for her, she's a strong woman!). He (and she) deserve much more and they shouldn't have to struggle like they do.

At the end of WWII we put Audie Murphy in the movies. Now we want to forget the very man who gave obama his campaign slogans and face time.

Why the hell did he opt out before his 20 years??

I was thinking the same thing.

Apparently he's all busted up and broke down, which is what you usually are after years in Special Ops. He got out on a medical and he should be getting disability but like always it takes years to go through the process.

Many of my friends are in similar situations. The government is big on promises but not so much on coming through on their promises. Just about everyone I know has health issues once they leave and we all have to get in line at the VA. Anyone who says otherwise never had to go through it.

You pretty much nailed it, I got out back in 2007 and when I was in the deployment rate was very fast paced, theres really only so many times you can mentally deal with deploying to Iraq and Aghanistan like 5, 6 or 7 times. The guy probably just couldn't do it anymore.

At the end of WWII we put Audie Murphy in the movies. Now we want to forget the very man who gave obama his campaign slogans and face time.

What part of "Covert Operation" escapes you?

This guy shouldn't even be talking about it.

And if you've gone through the thread..most agree that he made his own fate.

Forum List

Back