NBA star explains to women why they don't make as much playing basketball?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

This is one of the most hilarious articles I've read in a while. I mean, what man in their right mind would tell a woman anything, especially something about why they don't make as much as he.

I got to say, I feel bad for the guy. I mean, it's not like he is going to get laid anytime soon ever again.

What was he thinking?

Oh, and the NBA? That's right everyone, the Left won't boycott them for treating women like this and then preaching to them like they are children.

I wonder why.

I would hope that the women athletes know why they are paid less than men. Women sports in general draws a much smaller audience than male sports, thus much less revenue. Less revenue = less pay. I don't see this changing because men have too much of an athletic advantage over women.

I would hope that the women athletes know why they are paid less than men. Women sports in general draws a much smaller audience than male sports, thus much less revenue. Less revenue = less pay. I don't see this changing because men have too much of an athletic advantage over women.
I understand this and I am a female. I am also a fan of country music which has never been the most popular form of music and so while I understand those who feel like they are being ripped off, I also never forget that what I am able to score is something that I didn't already have before. In other words, whatever is given in my opinion should be appreciated because its better compared to ending up with absolutely nothing.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

They don’t make as much because they suck and people won’t pay to see them

Actually, male athletes are underpaid and women are overpaid. As a percentage of revenue, women take a greater share of generated revenue than men.

The only real exception in the major sports is probably tennis.

For the minors, it's probably skiing, figure skating, and beach volleyball.

what a sexist.....clearly all the money should be split among all the professional basketball players...women, men, trans...

I would say boycott the NBA...but since China likes the NBA, I doubt we'll see the President or his brown shirts upset about this

I would much rather watch women play beach volleyball than watch the men.

I would much rather watch women play beach volleyball than watch the men.

And that's why the draw and revenue for that sport tilts towards the women.

Agree, except for the grunting, women’s tennis is more watchable than men’s.

Women’s gymnastics and figure skating is better than men’s.

Women’s beach volleyball vs men’s?
:boobies:

Actually, male athletes are underpaid and women are overpaid. As a percentage of revenue, women take a greater share of generated revenue than men.
What you say here actually brings me to a question that I may always have. What is it that gives you the impression that male athletes are not being paid enough? In my opinion, whatever a person is given for whatever is in question could always be a lot less than whatever it is that they are truly given.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. This is why I will never be a person who has a yard sale. I will never know what kind of price to put on whatever it is that I am trying to get rid of and so to me, the best thing to do is just give what you don't want away to a place like the Good Will drops offs. People who do their shopping there because its their only option will always need such things more.

Last edited:

So perhaps women need to better use their "assets" to draw more revenue and earn better pay.

So perhaps women need to better use their "assets" to draw more revenue and earn better pay.
That’s call Hollywood.

Oh dear, a gender ignorant Lefty.

This from the same party that wants male athletes to be able to become women and compete with women?

Have you lost your mind? Do you not know from what party you cling?

This is one of the most hilarious articles I've read in a while. I mean, what man in their right mind would tell a woman anything, especially something about why they don't make as much as he.

I got to say, I feel bad for the guy. I mean, it's not like he is going to get laid anytime soon ever again.

What was he thinking?

Oh, and the NBA? That's right everyone, the Left won't boycott them for treating women like this and then preaching to them like they are children.

I wonder why.

The NBA sucks almost as much communist Chinese dick as the Biden family.

Draymond has always had a big mouth. He should have just shut up. But he DOES have a point, and so does Megyn Rapino (see her Twitter responses)

DG's point is well taken. The WNBA doesn't come anywhere near the TV ratings (and pre-pandemic crowd sizes) that the men's game has. US women's soccer on the other hand has been outperforming the men's game for several years.

They deserve pay equity - WNBA? Not at this point, but as Megyn points out - For the most part, men control the marketing dollars and growth potential of the game. Obviously this is personal for her. She was engaged to WNBA star Sue Bird last October.

bird-rapinoe.jpg

Forum List

Back