NBA Tonight

I just don't want him catching mj's 6.
Really, that's just 5 less than Bill Russell.
That was before my time. All I remember is Magic and Bird then MJ, and MJ was the most impressive athlete I have ever witnessed. He owned that sport the 6 years he was on top. I know I have forgotten all the seasons he didn't win but that's what we do for winners. No one will remember all the years Tim Duncan didn't win a championship. They will only remember the 5 years he did.

So I can only compare young stars today to Magic who has 5, Kobe who has 5, etc. And Jordan has 6. No one better than MJ has 6 rings. Except maybe Russell but I wasn't around back then so as far as I'm concerned, it didn't happen.

And first you have to catch MJ before you start talking about Russell. I don't think anyone will ever catch Russell EVER.

Russell has 11, Sam Jones has 10, KC Jones, Tom Snatch Sanders, John Havlicek and Tommy Heinsohn all have 8. All of them were Boston Celtics.

Robert Horry has 7 NBA titles to his name, with Los Angeles, San Antonio and Houston.

Jabbar has 6 titles.

List of NBA players with most championships - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes I know but I only count from Magic & Bird moving forward and Robert Horry isn't in the conversation of being the GOAT.

So when I judge guys like Lebron and Kobe, I judge them compared to what MJ did. Or Shaq or Duncan. I'm sure they would all love to catch up to Jordan's 6 titles.

And I'm sure Shaq or Duncan would like to catch Jabbar's 6 too.

Magic got all of his championships with Jabbar. How can you not count Jabbar?
Oh I count him. He's one of the GOAT. But I categorize him with the bigs.

Who do you think are the greatest bigs of all time? Duncan is a Power forward.

Kareem, Shaq, Hakeem Alajuwan, Dwight Howard, Luke Walton, Wilt Chamberland, etc.

Really, that's just 5 less than Bill Russell.
That was before my time. All I remember is Magic and Bird then MJ, and MJ was the most impressive athlete I have ever witnessed. He owned that sport the 6 years he was on top. I know I have forgotten all the seasons he didn't win but that's what we do for winners. No one will remember all the years Tim Duncan didn't win a championship. They will only remember the 5 years he did.

So I can only compare young stars today to Magic who has 5, Kobe who has 5, etc. And Jordan has 6. No one better than MJ has 6 rings. Except maybe Russell but I wasn't around back then so as far as I'm concerned, it didn't happen.

And first you have to catch MJ before you start talking about Russell. I don't think anyone will ever catch Russell EVER.

Russell has 11, Sam Jones has 10, KC Jones, Tom Snatch Sanders, John Havlicek and Tommy Heinsohn all have 8. All of them were Boston Celtics.

Robert Horry has 7 NBA titles to his name, with Los Angeles, San Antonio and Houston.

Jabbar has 6 titles.

List of NBA players with most championships - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes I know but I only count from Magic & Bird moving forward and Robert Horry isn't in the conversation of being the GOAT.

So when I judge guys like Lebron and Kobe, I judge them compared to what MJ did. Or Shaq or Duncan. I'm sure they would all love to catch up to Jordan's 6 titles.

And I'm sure Shaq or Duncan would like to catch Jabbar's 6 too.

Magic got all of his championships with Jabbar. How can you not count Jabbar?
Oh I count him. He's one of the GOAT. But I categorize him with the bigs.

Who do you think are the greatest bigs of all time? Duncan is a Power forward.

Kareem, Shaq, Hakeem Alajuwan, Dwight Howard, Luke Walton, Wilt Chamberland, etc.

Luke Walton? Really?

Chamberlin, Russell, Jabbar, Olajuwon are probably the top four. Shaq and Moses Malone are also in there.

Last edited:

Russell won 11 titles in 13 years. 8 in a row.

That was before my time. Do they worship him in NY? They should if he's the last person to bring them a championship. I think this is so long ago they've forgotten.

Reed's career was cut short by injuries, and he retired after the 1973–74 season, his 10th. For his career, Reed averaged 18.7 points and 12.9 rebounds per game, playing 650 games. He played in seven All-Star Games.

But he did win them 2 championships.
God, I hated that team. Still do.

Clyde, Dick Barnett, Senator Bill Bradley, Dave DeButcher and Willis.

They are arguably the best passing team in history.

I'd put the '77 Trailblazers 2nd and the '86 Celtics 3rd.

The 1970 Knicks made it to the finals against the Lakers. With the series tied at 2-2 Reed tore a calf muscle, I think. I know he tore a leg muscle and was out for the remainder of the playoffs. Anyway the Knicks beat LA and took a 3-2 lead, the Lakers won game 6. In game 7 Reed, in spite of the torn muscle, hobbled to start game 7, hit two baskets and inspired the Knicks to a win and a championship.
It was his quad or hip.

Hey, thanks for the fuckin' memory! I'm trying to forget that game.

I'd put the 77 Trailblazers 1st, 86 Celtics 2nd, there were some really good Celtics in the 60's that passed the ball well.

Always like how Walton would hold the ball out there and then flick it to a cutter.

That was before my time. Do they worship him in NY? They should if he's the last person to bring them a championship. I think this is so long ago they've forgotten.

Reed's career was cut short by injuries, and he retired after the 1973–74 season, his 10th. For his career, Reed averaged 18.7 points and 12.9 rebounds per game, playing 650 games. He played in seven All-Star Games.

But he did win them 2 championships.
God, I hated that team. Still do.

Clyde, Dick Barnett, Senator Bill Bradley, Dave DeButcher and Willis.

They are arguably the best passing team in history.

I'd put the '77 Trailblazers 2nd and the '86 Celtics 3rd.
I'd put the 89-91 Bad Boys up against any team. Dennis Rodman, Adrian dantley, Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, bill lambier, John salley, Vinny Johnson mark Aguirre James Edwards Rick mahorn. The bad boys..

We had two teams. Our second stringers could come out and dominate.

Dumars Thomas and rodman. Three hall of famers. Jordan had to wait for them to get old before he could win.

Passing teams, the Pistons weren't that great, they were a defensive team and more of a grind it out team. The Celtics and the Blazers were defensive teams that could get a turnover or rebound and get a quick outlet pass for an easy score. They played pure basketball, it was a beauty to watch. I remember Portland going to Boston and blew them out by like 30. Blew out Atlanta in Atlanta. The were 40-8 at the All-Star Break. Walton then got injured early March and the wheels came off and Portland went 5-12 and lost in the first round of the playoffs. I have always wondered how great Portland could have been with Walton healthy.

Sixers had a chance to win tonight and collapsed late in the 4th qtr and now 0-15

I'd put the 89-91 Bad Boys up against any team. Dennis Rodman, Adrian dantley, Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, bill lambier, John salley, Vinny Johnson mark Aguirre James Edwards Rick mahorn. The bad boys..

Dumars Thomas and rodman. Three hall of famers. Jordan had to wait for them to get old before he could win.
There isn't a team in NBA history that could've beaten the '87 Lakers.

There isn't a team in NBA history that could've beaten the '87 Lakers.

Showtime was in full swing then. The genius of Pat Riley, he knew how to get the most out of his players. I hate that guy! Lol!

Forum List

Back