NBA Tonight

Showtime was in full swing then. The genius of Pat Riley, he knew how to get the most out of his players. I hate that guy! Lol!
He was a good 6th man.

I remember whenever he would check in, Chick Hearn would say, "Let's see if Riles makes his first 3 shots. If he does, he's going to have a good night. If he doesn't, then he'll just play defense."

Passing teams, the Pistons weren't that great, they were a defensive team and more of a grind it out team. The Celtics and the Blazers were defensive teams that could get a turnover or rebound and get a quick outlet pass for an easy score. They played pure basketball, it was a beauty to watch. I remember Portland going to Boston and blew them out by like 30. Blew out Atlanta in Atlanta. The were 40-8 at the All-Star Break. Walton then got injured early March and the wheels came off and Portland went 5-12 and lost in the first round of the playoffs. I have always wondered how great Portland could have been with Walton healthy.
3 hof players on one team plus that supporting cast? We were pretty deep.

Passing teams, the Pistons weren't that great, they were a defensive team and more of a grind it out team. The Celtics and the Blazers were defensive teams that could get a turnover or rebound and get a quick outlet pass for an easy score. They played pure basketball, it was a beauty to watch. I remember Portland going to Boston and blew them out by like 30. Blew out Atlanta in Atlanta. The were 40-8 at the All-Star Break. Walton then got injured early March and the wheels came off and Portland went 5-12 and lost in the first round of the playoffs. I have always wondered how great Portland could have been with Walton healthy.
3 hof players on one team plus that supporting cast? We were pretty deep.

We were talking about great passing teams, Detroit played a grind it out game. Two separate subjects.

Malone Stockton jazz and spurs are good passing teams.

The 2004 Pistons were a great passing team and came as close as the seahawks did to repeating God damn Tim Duncan.

The 2004 Pistons were a great passing team and came as close as the seahawks did to repeating God damn Tim Duncan.
You're not going to win when you have one center who just wants to shoot 3's and the other one can't shoot at all.

They were okay for passing, the Celtics and the season and a half at Portland was some of the best passing teams of all time.

Forum List

Back