NBC anchor denigrates those who believe in Noah's ark calls it fairy tales

Well... a lot of Christians will tell you the "Great Flood" is more than likely exaggerated if real.
1f937_200d_2642.png
There’s a reason why every major culture has an account of a major flood. It happened.

Massive crater under Greenland’s ice points to climate-altering impact in the time of humans

What do you believe would happen if an asteroid struck a glacier in the polar region and instantly vaporized cubic miles of ice into the atmosphere?

A "major flood" isn't the same as the entire world flooding and only Noah, his family, and 2 of each creature surviving. Yes I have heard of Mt. Erat, and the Black Sea... and all those theories.
Agreed. What do you believe would happen if an asteroid struck a glacier in the polar region and instantly vaporized cubic miles of ice into the atmosphere?

Massive crater under Greenland’s ice points to climate-altering impact in the time of humans

None of the stories you are talking about says anything about a giant asteroid.

Well... a lot of Christians will tell you the "Great Flood" is more than likely exaggerated if real.
1f937_200d_2642.png
There’s a reason why every major culture has an account of a major flood. It happened.

What do you believe would happen if an asteroid struck a glacier in the polar region and instantly vaporized cubic miles of ice into the atmosphere?

A "major flood" isn't the same as the entire world flooding and only Noah, his family, and 2 of each creature surviving. Yes I have heard of Mt. Erat, and the Black Sea... and all those theories.
Agreed. What do you believe would happen if an asteroid struck a glacier in the polar region and instantly vaporized cubic miles of ice into the atmosphere?

None of the stories you are talking about says anything about a giant asteroid.
I know. They talk about a worldwide flood.

I am showing you evidence for how there could have been a worldwide flood.

It's amazing how far people will go to argue about the words of ancient peoples whose names we do not know, but somehow revere as holy and prophets. Yet if these same people were standing before us today, thousands of years later, dressed in jeans and t-shirts, we would send them straight to therapy, if not lock-down.

It's amazing how far people will go to argue about the words of ancient peoples whose names we do not know, but somehow revere as holy and prophets. Yet if these same people were standing before us today, thousands of years later, dressed in jeans and t-shirts, we would send them straight to therapy, if not lock-down.

Yes I have said this to people quite often. In those days if you said God spoke to you, they'd revere you and live by your word. If a person did the same thing today, they would say you are hearing vices and have schizophrenia.

Yes I have said this to people quite often. In those days if you said God spoke to you, they'd revere you and live by your word. If a person did the same thing today, they would say you are hearing vices and have schizophrenia.

It's scary how many people today claim that they got some message directly from the Supreme Being. I guess that any dream or nightmare that comes to me in my sleep, or that I can imagine in a waking state, is a divine message, and this qualifies me as a prophet. Wow! What a thing to put on my resume.

It's scary how many people today claim that they got some message directly from the Supreme Being. I guess that any dream or nightmare that comes to me in my sleep, or that I can imagine in a waking state, is a divine message, and this qualifies me as a prophet. Wow! What a thing to put on my resume.
You think the world is peaceful. Many think the world is peaceful with periods of war. The reality is that the world has wars with periods of peace. Its been a long time on American territory without the horrors of war. you'll find God pretty quickly if things get bad. Europe has forgotten also and they have had war after war on their territories.

You think the world is peaceful. Many think the world is peaceful with periods of war. The reality is that the world has wars with periods of peace. Its been a long time on American territory without the horrors of war. you'll find God pretty quickly if things get bad. Europe has forgotten also and they have had war after war on their territories.

I have already "found" the Supreme Being/Creator. This came early. Of what do Europeans have to fear other than those of their own? The wars in Europe have been started by Europeans.

I have already "found" the Supreme Being/Creator. This came early. Of what do Europeans have to fear other than those of their own? The wars in Europe have been started by Europeans.
We can have them here also. In fact with all of the different groups and the constant rattling by those who make a buck off of it we will not be as fortunate if a depression hits again. I ain't winning an argument with you for your beliefs. I do not care about your political indoctrination bull. We will see how people act if the worse ever happens here again. No matter how abrasive and obnoxious they were in the 1930's they still believed in America. Today not so much in a high tax state. People will become more religious or you will see the worse we can be. Something for the history books. And that is easy.

We can have them here also. In fact with all of the different groups and the constant rattling by those who make a buck off of it we will not be as fortunate if a depression hits again. I ain't winning an argument with you for your beliefs. I do not care about your political indoctrination bull. We will see how people act if the worse ever happens here again. No matter how abrasive and obnoxious they were in the 1930's they still believed in America. Today not so much in a high tax state. People will become more religious or you will see the worse we can be. Something for the history books. And that is easy.

You jumble up contemporary politics and economics with religious talk so much that there is no telling what you mean.

Noah's ark is yet another metaphorical story
No it isn't. It was written by ignorant people that believed every word.

Spoken like a true, close-minded asshole.
Sorry, but your whining is not compelling. Do you have a point of contention? Would you like to argue that the people who made up these stories were NOT utterly ignorant? Be my guest.

Also, I don't think you understand what close-minded means. For an illustration of closemindedness, see: religious folks.

Let's try this again:

Your statement is absurd and false, for precisely the reasons I mentioned. No, it was not "metaphor", or "allegory". If you choose to take it that way (a convenient choice, considering the benefit of modern scientific knowledge that you have), feel free. But to say the intent was metaphor is a stupid lie.

Now, tell me where I am wrong. Or whine like a baby. Your choice.

Noah's ark is yet another metaphorical story
No it isn't. It was written by ignorant people that believed every word.

Spoken like a true, close-minded asshole.
Sorry, but your whining is not compelling. Do you have a point of contention? Would you like to argue that the people who made up these stories were NOT utterly ignorant? Be my guest.

Also, I don't think you understand what close-minded means. For an illustration of closemindedness, see: religious folks.

Let's try this again:

Your statement is absurd and false, for precisely the reasons I mentioned. No, it was not "metaphor", or "allegory". If you choose to take it that way (a convenient choice, considering the benefit of modern scientific knowledge that you have), feel free. But to say the intent was metaphor is a stupid lie.

Now, tell me where I am wrong. Or whine like a baby. Your choice.

You obviously did not read the entirety of the post. You got about 12 words in and your peabrain overloaded. Critical thinking escapes all of you leftist morons.

Forum List

Back