NBC anchor denigrates those who believe in Noah's ark calls it fairy tales

Whereas you see fairytales, I see what ancient man recorded.

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation

But you can keep reading it literally or pretend that it is a fairytale because all that is proving is that you don't want to believe in God.
Info t Eve see fairy tales to tell the truth. I see superstitious children cowering in fear of natural.processes like lightning and rain.
Again, what you are seeing as a fairytale is how ancient man passed down information 6000 years ago.

These tales come from ancients located in one geographical place on the planet who had no idea what was going on across the globe. It was their interpretation of what they saw around them from their mountain, their tent, whatever, blended with their local beliefs.

Their ‘tent’ folks.

What in the fuck are you talking about?

The ancients were wondering tribal folk. Very few had any means of recording their thoughts.

I don't see the problem here.

Are you upset that Chuck doesn't buy into your sky-daddy fantasies?
Sky-daddy fantasies, huh?

The first five books of the Bible (known as the Torah) were recorded by Moses - an adopted son of the king of Egypt - in approximately 1400 B.C.. These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years. Moses did not really write the first 11 chapters of the Bible. Moses was the first Hebrew to record them.

Approximately 800 years before Moses recorded the allegorical accounts of the history of the world. The Chinese recorded this history as symbols in the Chinese language. They drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. They used well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could easily remember it. The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language because the Chinese had migrated from the cradle of civilization. Prior to this migration they all shared a common history and religion.

The Bible even explains how it was possible for the Chinese to record the account of Genesis 800 years before Moses recorded it. The account of the Tower of Babel was the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. This also explains why all ancient cultures have an account of a great flood. Because they all shared a common history and religion before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

So if you start from the belief that the first eleven chapters of the Torah are an allegorical account of world history before the great migration from Mesopotamia - which was an actual historical event - then the first eleven chapters of the Torah takes on new meaning. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong. Most people don't even realize this wisdom is in the Torah because they read it critically instead of searching for the wisdom that ancient man knew and found important enough to include in his account of world history.

You have to keep in mind that these accounts are at least 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. You shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, you are so far removed from these events that we have lost all original meaning and you have made no effort whatsoever in trying to understand them. If you were to ask almost any Jew what the Tower of Babel was about he would have no clue that it was the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. That is not intended to be a criticism. It is intended to be an illustration of just how difficult a task it is to discover the original meaning from ancient accounts from 6,000 years ago. You read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make yourself feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom. Shame on you.
And I'm sure you believe all of that junk.

Sorry, but I don't buy it.
Yes. I even provided the reasons why.

You must be taking it on faith that what I wrote is wrong because you don't seem to be able to articulate the reasons why you believe what I wrote is wrong.
How did the kangaroos get back to Australia from Mt. Ararat?
God's airmail service?

Because it's nonsense. The Chinese characters thing particularly. Some dude in Texas makes an assumption based on wishful thinking and you taken it as gospel(pun intended)?
Nope. I put in the work. Looked up the characters myself.

Not to mention the religious practices of the first dynasties matched the Jewish practices.

Not to mention the migration from the cradle of civilization was a real thing.

Not to mention that the first eleven chapters of the Torah really had been passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years.

So it is your belief that is without any factual basis whatsoever.
Looked up the charatccha yourself did ya?

Please, explain what leads to our to believe they have anything to do with a book they predate by about 1,000 years.
So as I continue to answer your questions, I can't help but notice you haven't presented any evidence for your beliefs. Why is that?
I don't have any "beliefs" in this right.
Your belief is that the account of Geness is a fairytale. It's not. It is the allegorical account of world history that all nations share before the migration from the cradle of civilization along with other knowledge they deemed important enough to pass down. They passed this information down from generation to generation for thousands of years before it was ever recorded in writing. They told these stories in a way that would make them easier to remember. And their true meaning has been lost through the ages until we get idiots like you dismissing them as fairytales.

allegory being the operative word-------think midrash

A boat with 2 of every species- what's hard to believe about that? LOL

1. God created existence
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong

But you can keep reading it literally or pretend that it is a fairytale because all that is proving is that you don't want to believe in God.
Info t Eve see fairy tales to tell the truth. I see superstitious children cowering in fear of natural.processes like lightning and rain.
Again, what you are seeing as a fairytale is how ancient man passed down information 6000 years ago.

These tales come from ancients located in one geographical place on the planet who had no idea what was going on across the globe. It was their interpretation of what they saw around them from their mountain, their tent, whatever, blended with their local beliefs.

Their ‘tent’ folks.

Lotsa yer middle eastern types were nomadic, so yes. Tents.

(OPINION) CP – On last Sunday’s Meet the Press, NBC News anchor Chuck Todd read and endorsed a letter claiming that supporters of Donald Trump “want to be lied to” since they believe in “fairy tales” such as Noah’s ark.
NBC anchor denigrates those who believe in Noah's Ark, Calls it "fairy tales"

Because when you are a leftist cold-blooded moron what else do you expect these mentally clipped idiots to say.
No wonder this country is failing in science and math. Look at this, a poster is blowing a gasket over Noah's ark while blasting climate science in other threads.. Of course this is why this country is so messed up. These folks want to take us back to the middle ages. No..no..that is not fair to the middle ages as there were scientific advances then. The poster and those like the poster want to take us back the times of the Neanderthals when we wrote pictograms on cave walls.
We understand GOD makes you uncomfortable. Don't worry. He's coming home soon
God does not make me uncomfortable. People who claim God is on their side makes me uncomfortable.

As Lincoln said, we must hope we are on God’s side.

Last edited:

The first five books of the Bible (known as the Torah) were recorded by Moses - an adopted son of the king of Egypt - in approximately 1400 B.C.. These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years. Moses did not really write the first 11 chapters of the Bible. Moses was the first Hebrew to record them.

Approximately 800 years before Moses recorded the allegorical accounts of the history of the world. The Chinese recorded this history as symbols in the Chinese language. They drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. They used well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could easily remember it. The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language because the Chinese had migrated from the cradle of civilization. Prior to this migration they all shared a common history and religion.

The Bible even explains how it was possible for the Chinese to record the account of Genesis 800 years before Moses recorded it. The account of the Tower of Babel was the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. This also explains why all ancient cultures have an account of a great flood. Because they all shared a common history and religion before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

So if you start from the belief that the first eleven chapters of the Torah are an allegorical account of world history before the great migration from Mesopotamia - which was an actual historical event - then the first eleven chapters of the Torah takes on new meaning. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong. Most people don't even realize this wisdom is in the Torah because they read it critically instead of searching for the wisdom that ancient man knew and found important enough to include in his account of world history.

You have to keep in mind that these accounts are at least 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. You shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, you are so far removed from these events that we have lost all original meaning and you have made no effort whatsoever in trying to understand them. If you were to ask almost any Jew what the Tower of Babel was about he would have no clue that it was the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. That is not intended to be a criticism. It is intended to be an illustration of just how difficult a task it is to discover the original meaning from ancient accounts from 6,000 years ago. You read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make yourself feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom. Shame on you.

aw shucks----I do have to agree with dingbat on much of his post. ----that's me---
rosie----I have read the scriptural writings of many cultures (in English translation ------I am leaving Beowulf out) As to his allegation that
MOSTJEWS do not understand that the tower of babel is an allegorical
midrash on the migration from Mesopotamia----of course---MOST jews never
read it-----just as most Christians never read the NT. Actual talmudists are
kinda sophisticated on that story----that is lots of content to that story
Thank you.

(OPINION) CP – On last Sunday’s Meet the Press, NBC News anchor Chuck Todd read and endorsed a letter claiming that supporters of Donald Trump “want to be lied to” since they believe in “fairy tales” such as Noah’s ark.
NBC anchor denigrates those who believe in Noah's Ark, Calls it "fairy tales"

Because when you are a leftist cold-blooded moron what else do you expect these mentally clipped idiots to say.
No wonder this country is failing in science and math. Look at this, a poster is blowing a gasket over Noah's ark while blasting climate science in other threads.. Of course this is why this country is so messed up. These folks want to take us back to the middle ages. No..no..that is not fair to the middle ages as there were scientific advances then. The poster and those like the poster want to take us back the times of the Neanderthals when we wrote pictograms on cave walls.
We understand GOD makes you uncomfortable. Don't worry. He's coming home soon
God does not make me uncomfortable. People who claim God is on their side makes me uncomfortable.
Technically, God is on everyone's sides. That traitor!!!

And I'm sure you believe all of that junk.

Sorry, but I don't buy it.
Yes. I even provided the reasons why.

You must be taking it on faith that what I wrote is wrong because you don't seem to be able to articulate the reasons why you believe what I wrote is wrong.
How did the kangaroos get back to Australia from Mt. Ararat?
God's airmail service?
Must have been how they got to the ark in the first place...

aw shucks----I do have to agree with dingbat on much of his post. ----that's me---
rosie----I have read the scriptural writings of many cultures (in English translation ------I am leaving Beowulf out) As to his allegation that
MOSTJEWS do not understand that the tower of babel is an allegorical
midrash on the migration from Mesopotamia----of course---MOST jews never
read it-----just as most Christians never read the NT. Actual talmudists are
kinda sophisticated on that story----that is lots of content to that story
Thank you.

you're welcome----don't get used to it

Nope. I put in the work. Looked up the characters myself.

Not to mention the religious practices of the first dynasties matched the Jewish practices.

Not to mention the migration from the cradle of civilization was a real thing.

Not to mention that the first eleven chapters of the Torah really had been passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years.

So it is your belief that is without any factual basis whatsoever.

Please, explain what leads to our to believe they have anything to do with a book they predate by about 1,000 years.
So as I continue to answer your questions, I can't help but notice you haven't presented any evidence for your beliefs. Why is that?
Your belief is that the account of Geness is a fairytale. It's not. It is the allegorical account of world history that all nations share before the migration from the cradle of civilization along with other knowledge they deemed important enough to pass down. They passed this information down from generation to generation for thousands of years before it was ever recorded in writing. They told these stories in a way that would make them easier to remember. And their true meaning has been lost through the ages until we get idiots like you dismissing them as fairytales.

I've never knew about them until your post.

Where are they?

Where are they?

check your grammar (a minor flaw----but you are better than that) ----
They are around----but you probably know that many would be
reluctant to discuss those issues with you

Well... a lot of Christians will tell you the "Great Flood" is more than likely exaggerated if real.
1f937_200d_2642.png
There’s a reason why every major culture has an account of a major flood. It happened.

Massive crater under Greenland’s ice points to climate-altering impact in the time of humans

What do you believe would happen if an asteroid struck a glacier in the polar region and instantly vaporized cubic miles of ice into the atmosphere?

Where are they?

No. I'm not.

Why would they be reluctant to discuss that with me?

How do you know that God didn't intend for them to discuss them with me, grammar flaws and all.

Where are they?

No. I'm not.

How do you know that God didn't intend for them to discuss them with me, grammar flaws and all.

there are facts of both Justinian (aka canon) law and shariah law that
you deny

1. God created existence

Their ‘tent’ folks.

The ancients were wondering tribal folk. Very few had any means of recording their thoughts.
Correct. They passed down knowledge from generation to generation orally; through stories so that important information and lessons could be more easily remembered.

In fact, I have heard some speculate on the higher than average IQ of certain Jewish groups being attributed to their language and story telling skills. I find that to be entirely credible.

Where are they?

No. I'm not.

there are facts of both Justinian (aka canon) law and shariah law that
you deny
I see your problem. You think I love religion more than God. I don't.

So why is it that you believe they would be reluctant to share knowledge with me again?

Well... a lot of Christians will tell you the "Great Flood" is more than likely exaggerated if real.
1f937_200d_2642.png
There’s a reason why every major culture has an account of a major flood. It happened.

Massive crater under Greenland’s ice points to climate-altering impact in the time of humans

What do you believe would happen if an asteroid struck a glacier in the polar region and instantly vaporized cubic miles of ice into the atmosphere?

A "major flood" isn't the same as the entire world flooding and only Noah, his family, and 2 of each creature surviving. Yes I have heard of Mt. Erat, and the Black Sea... and all those theories.

1f937_200d_2642.png

A "major flood" isn't the same as the entire world flooding and only Noah, his family, and 2 of each creature surviving. Yes I have heard of Mt. Erat, and the Black Sea... and all those theories.
Agreed. What do you believe would happen if an asteroid struck a glacier in the polar region and instantly vaporized cubic miles of ice into the atmosphere?

Forum List

Back