NBC Dumps Leno For Fallen. Leno Says NBC Is Becoming Extinct

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Jay-Leno-Monologue_510x317.jpg

Jay Leno calls NBC 'extinct' in latest monologue joke
by James Hibberd

Suddenly, NBC’s The Tonight Show is once again must-see TV.

With a report in the New York Times today confirming the network has promised Jimmy Fallon that he will succeed Jay Leno as the next host of the iconic late-night program, fans of talk-show intrigue will doubtless tune in to see if Leno has a reaction tonight.

Though we’re told the host did not directly address the Fallon news in Wednesday’s taping, he did once again take a shot at NBC’s low ratings. “According to several reports, scientists say they are getting closer and closer to being able to do Jurassic Park-style cloning of extinct species,” Leno told his audience. “Imagine that. Things that were once thought to be extinct could be brought back from the dead. So there’s hope for NBC. It could turn around.”

On Monday, he compared his NBC bosses to “snakes.” While on Tuesday night, he took a swipe at the ratings. Guests tonight include Vanessa Hudgens and Chris O’Dowd with musical guest Gary Clark Jr. Jay Leno calls NBC 'extinct' in latest monologue joke | Inside TV | EW.com

A once proud network has decided to become the Obama Administration's network and because of this their credibility has suffered greatly.

The only reason I watch it is because of football games and sometimes I like to see what the talking-heads on MSNBC are saying. It's usually straight out of the Democrat talking-points. This has become more and more obvious over the last 4 plus years and because of this ratings have suffered.

It's a shame such a once great network is going down in flames.

What's Leno whining about? He's a damn libroid. He tells stupid liberal jokes. He ought to be cheering them on.

How does msnbc changing the name of their website change anything?

They're both owned by the same parent company. But that doesnt make them the same thing. Jay Leno's boss isn't the same person as Rachel Maddow's.

Just like FOX News isn't the same thing as 20th Century Fox.

Fox has various networks as does NBC.

NBC has become the green network and MSNBC is basically the propaganda arm of the White House.

Watching ether tends to turn normal folks stomachs.

They're both owned by the same parent company. But that doesnt make them the same thing. Jay Leno's boss isn't the same person as Rachel Maddow's.

They're one and the same. Why put so much effort into obfuscation?

You know that NBC and msnbc are separate networks, right?

No shit??????

Damn......that one got buy me.:cuckoo:

I'm trying to figure out how you made the leap from Jay Leno mocking his bosses to that nonsense about Obama. They don't seem to have anything at all to do with each other.

Other than Leno is a huge obama ass kisser, as is msnbc. Leno has no room to whine IMO. He's as guilty for ruining his show as msnbc is for ruining their news channel. They're pom pom waving cheer leader shows for obama.

You know that NBC and msnbc are separate networks, right?

No shit??????

I'm trying to figure out how you made the leap from Jay Leno mocking his bosses to that nonsense about Obama. They don't seem to have anything at all to do with each other.

It's not much of a leap because anyone who has watched the Today Show can see the obvious bias of their reporting. They not only favor Democrats but advocate for them. And NBC is really into the Global Warming, Climate Change (whatever they call it today) BS. Who is pushing Climate Change legislation? Who hates fossil fuels so much that he put millions of acres of Natural Gas and Oil deposits off-limits to drilling?

Are you really this dumb?

Because they're not "one and the same".

Just like the Wall Street journal and the New York Post aren't "one and the same".

No shit??????

It's not much of a leap because anyone who has watched the Today Show can see the obvious bias of their reporting. They not only favor Democrats but advocate for them. And NBC is really into the Global Warming, Climate Change (whatever they call it today) BS. Who is pushing Climate Change legislation? Who hates fossil fuels so much that he put millions of acres of Natural Gas and Oil deposits off-limits to drilling?

Are you really this dumb?

What the fuck does any of that have to do with your OP about Jay Leno?

No shit??????

Other than Leno is a huge obama ass kisser, as is msnbc. Leno has no room to whine IMO. He's as guilty for ruining his show as msnbc is for ruining their news channel. They're pom pom waving cheer leader shows for obama.

Not really, Leno is a ratings whore. He leans right if anything, politically. I never could stand the guy and if he is leaving NBC it can only be a good thing. If Fallon is replacing him soon, I love it.

Because they're not "one and the same".

Just like the Wall Street journal and the New York Post aren't "one and the same".

Once again try not to state the obvious.

NBC has swung way to the left and MSNBC has gone bat-shit crazy to the left.

NBC tries to act rational but being a fence-sitter doesn't do much for their ratings. MSNBC appeals to Gays, Gun-grabbers, and the radical left. They have their limited appeal but NBC is essentially turning people off by trying to appeal to both sides.

Once again.....I know the difference between the two.

Next stupid question.

Leno grabbed the old Johnny Carson audience but they are dying out. The Tonight show format with the increasingly flat monologue looks staged and old fashioned as a klunky Vagas costume show to the pop-orientated kids who grew up on hair bands and violent video games.

Not really, Leno is a ratings whore. He leans right if anything, politically. I never could stand the guy and if he is leaving NBC it can only be a good thing. If Fallon is replacing him soon, I love it.

Yes really... and no, Leno doesn't lean anywhere near right. He's as hollyweird liberal as they come and a huge obama ass licker, and he's always bashing republicans. Fallon is no better.

Yes really... and no, Leno doesn't lean anywhere near right. He's as hollyweird liberal as they come and a huge obama ass licker, and he's always bashing republicans. Fallon is no better.

Let me ask you this, if you think he an Obama ass kisser, do you even watch him? I watch all of them occasionally and I am telling you Leno is a right winger. Of course he is going to kiss the president's ass for coming on his show. He's no idiot of course.

Think.

Forum List

Back