NC New Welfare Drug Test Law: 1/3rd Tested Positive from Sample.

Should Welfare Applicants be Required to Take a Drug Test?

• Total voters
it's all bullshit
wasted breath and nonsense.
no one cares what you think

You realize you posted that Note to Self on the internets, right?

Absolutely. But at least I speak reality.
Of course, no one wants to hear reality. It's why our country is fucked.
Surely you can't be serious, as your reality has been compromised since you first came here.

Dunno, tell me what I have said that is NOT reality and I'll debate you on it.

Near every citizen should be drug tested because they most ALL receive something from the federal gvt...

the guy who owns a home and pays a mortgage gets a tax break and money that the guy making the same amount of money as he, who only rents, gets nothing so the guy with the mortgage should be drug tested.

anyone getting their insurance through their employer who gets a tax break for the benefit, and also gets to write off his share on his taxes should all be drug tested, while the guy who has no insurance making the same money as the guy with insurance pays more in taxes to cover the guy's tax break and employer's tax break for health insurance...the guy with insurance should have to be drug tested cuz he is getting 'something' from the gvt the other guy isn't, right?

anyone paying for college for their kids who earns the same money as the single guy pays less in taxes than the guy with no kids and the single guy has to pay MORE in taxes though making the same income to help pay for the guy with kids college....the guy paying for college getting the tax money for it should be drug tested...

I can go on and on and on....most ALL OF YOU should be drug tested.because you are "getting something" from the gvt that others are not...

:rolleyes:
Which is why people need to stop taking government bribes.

BTW, I don't depend on the government for anything. I can't tell you how nice it is. You wouldn't understand.
So you pave your own roads? Fascinating....

Near every citizen should be drug tested because they most ALL receive something from the federal gvt...

the guy who owns a home and pays a mortgage gets a tax break and money that the guy making the same amount of money as he, who only rents, gets nothing so the guy with the mortgage should be drug tested.

anyone getting their insurance through their employer who gets a tax break for the benefit, and also gets to write off his share on his taxes should all be drug tested, while the guy who has no insurance making the same money as the guy with insurance pays more in taxes to cover the guy's tax break and employer's tax break for health insurance...the guy with insurance should have to be drug tested cuz he is getting 'something' from the gvt the other guy isn't, right?

anyone paying for college for their kids who earns the same money as the single guy pays less in taxes than the guy with no kids and the single guy has to pay MORE in taxes though making the same income to help pay for the guy with kids college....the guy paying for college getting the tax money for it should be drug tested...

I can go on and on and on....most ALL OF YOU should be drug tested.because you are "getting something" from the gvt that others are not...

*pats on head* that's real special, but in this thread we're discussing one specific item , SNAP benefits.

See folks, this is an example of why we have shitty, dishonest politicians. We have shitty dishonest
voting for them.

If you want to discuss drug testing other groups of people, start a thread about such

it's all bullshit

Surely you can't be serious, as your reality has been compromised since you first came here.

We'd have to dig up old threads to confront you on the issue at hand...

Anyone who goes to visit the Smithsonian Institution or Acadia National Park --- drug test at the gate.
Anybody getting on a plane, yer gonna be drug tested by TSA along with everything else, because hey the FAA is keeping you safe up there.
And if your house catches fire, drug test again. Now in this case there may not be time for a drug test or you may not be home, so they go ahead and put it out. But you have to get tested after the fact, and if you fail they set fire to your house again.

The Pandora's Box that fucking with the Fourth Amendment opens up. Don't say we didn't warn you.

BTW, I don't depend on the government for anything. I can't tell you how nice it is. You wouldn't understand.

Lol. Entitlement weirdoes are so sad.

I vote to reject all federal funding, at every level. Always will always have. Fuck the feds.

The presumption that someone who has illicit drugs in their system paid for those drugs is NOT a fallacy.
Let's switch gears.

Oh yes it absolutely IS. Which is why you immediately want to dance away from it and move the goalposts --- you KNOW it doesn't work. That's why I point it out in the first place.

Prove me wrong. Demonstrate how a chemical test comes with a purchase receipt and a time stamp. Prove the negative that the only way to acquire a substance -- or to acquire anything ---- is by "purchasing" it.

Right now and currently if you have $X worth the assets, you will not qualify for welfare. Why ? I mean just because you own the assets doesn't mean you PAID for them. Perhaps they were a gift....

Are you for changing THAT requirement also?

Where do you want this thing?

moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

Clearly this isn't part of the question. I don't know these arcane guidelines but presumably if you own X amount of assets, they can be liquefied for your needs, therefore you're not broke.

But again, that's not where the goalpost is. You're moving it to avoid the fact that the glaring fallacy above is just that.

By the way, you've already demonstrated that you are an ideologue so no real need to answer.

I just did. You're the one moving the goalposts, so you've exposed yourself as blatantly dishonest.

Dismissed.

Tell ya what Skippy, try that one with the IRS. Tell them that people "shared" with you to get your $250k home, etc. and you haven't one W-2 or 1099 to show for anything yet year in and year out you eat, have a roof over your head and drive a new car.

Let us know how that works out.

*pats on head* that's real special, but in this thread we're discussing one specific item , SNAP benefits.

See folks, this is an example of why we have shitty, dishonest politicians. We have shitty dishonest
voting for them.

If you want to discuss drug testing other groups of people, start a thread about such
Actually the OP is about drug testing for cash recipients for welfare...

Lol. Entitlement weirdoes are so sad.

I vote to reject all federal funding, at every level. Always will always have. Fuck the feds.
Then the medical community would fall flat on its face and docs could and would need to go back to bartering..

voting for them.

Care is about the shittiest dishonestest person you're ever going to choose never to meet.

I wouldn't shake her hand and would be hard pressed not to spit in her face if I met her.

She's not that bad... come on, are you serious?

it's all bullshit

We'd have to dig up old threads to confront you on the issue at hand...

Well when you see me say something unrealistic and, if you feel like it, call me one it...

All politicians are shitty and dishonest.
Why do we keep talking bout them?

voting for them.

Care is about the shittiest dishonestest person you're ever going to choose never to meet.

I wouldn't shake her hand and would be hard pressed not to spit in her face if I met her.

She's not that bad... come on, are you serious?

100 percent. I've known her online a looonnnnggg time. Hardcore progressive, places no value upon life..and impersonated a practicing Catholic in order to make her arguments for abortion seem more reasonable.

The presumption that someone who has illicit drugs in their system paid for those drugs is NOT a fallacy.
Let's switch gears.

Oh yes it absolutely IS. Which is why you immediately want to dance away from it and move the goalposts --- you KNOW it doesn't work. That's why I point it out in the first place.

Prove me wrong. Demonstrate how a chemical test comes with a purchase receipt and a time stamp. Prove the negative that the only way to acquire a substance -- or to acquire anything ---- is by "purchasing" it.

Right now and currently if you have $X worth the assets, you will not qualify for welfare. Why ? I mean just because you own the assets doesn't mean you PAID for them. Perhaps they were a gift....

Clearly this isn't part of the question. I don't know these arcane guidelines but presumably if you own X amount of assets, they can be liquefied for your needs, therefore you're not broke.

But again, that's not where the goalpost is. You're moving it to avoid the fact that the glaring fallacy above is just that.

By the way, you've already demonstrated that you are an ideologue so no real need to answer.

I just did. You're the one moving the goalposts, so you've exposed yourself as blatantly dishonest.
g
Dismissed.

I haven't moved anything. I STEADFASTLY maintain that I don't care HOW they obtained the drugs, using them should disqualify them from receiving SNAP.

I merely laughed at your claim that it isn't logical to assume someone who has used enough drugs to fail a drug test didn't pay for them.

Let's switch gears.

Dismissed.

Tell ya what Skippy, try that one with the IRS. Tell them that people "shared" with you to get your $250k home, etc. and you haven't one W-2 or 1099 to show for anything yet year in and year out you eat, have a roof over your head and drive a new car.

Tell ya what Sparkles, you actually want people to report cannabis they got to the IRS do ya. They actually tried that in 1937. It was called the Marihuana [sic] Tax Act. Unconstitutional.

Good to hear that you're keeping up with the times.

What I've gathered from this thread is that Pogo doesn't want anyone taking away his food stamps just because he likes to smoke weed.

I haven't moved anything. I STEADFASTLY maintain that I don't care HOW they obtained the drugs, using them should disqualify them from receiving SNAP.

Then you're fully admitting that what you're after is a fascist all-powerful State that legislates morality even if it requires body fluids to do it --- that what you're aiming for is Government control of private personal behavior.

Well you're not the first to make that concession. It's kind of the whole point here. May I suggest North Korea. It's more suitable to that mentality.

I merely laughed at your claim that it isn't logical to assume someone who has used enough drugs to fail a drug test didn't pay for them.

Yeah I know you did. Because you can't answer it. That's also the point.

What I've gathered from this thread is that Pogo doesn't want anyone taking away his food stamps just because he likes to smoke weed.

What I want is for the Fourth Amendment to get the respect it's put there for.

Don't like it? Change the Constitution.

Let's switch gears.

Dismissed.

Tell ya what Sparkles, you actually want people to report cannabis they got to the IRS do ya. They actually tried that in 1937. It was called the Marihuana [sic] Tax Act. Unconstitutional.

Good to hear that you're keeping up with the times.

That is sooooooo not the point....

Forum List

Back