NC up a creek

Marijuana Resource Center: State Laws Related to Marijuana
so are you saying the DOJ has authority over States?
I was awake that day in Social Studies. Federal laws trump state laws; then I went back to sleep.

Then how can Colorado's pot laws be lawful?
They aren't. The last I heard, Colorado marijuana sellers are having a VERY hard time because they don't dare put their money in the bank. Because the banks are run by federal laws and are under federal scrutiny.
My theory is that the feds are waiting to see how things turn out in the 'recreational' states before considering taking pot off the illegal list. Or maybe there's a more intricate legal reason, but it's not because the States are allowed to have laws that contradict federal law.

Did Colorado pass a law that goes against Federal law or not? This is the question
Ahhh, I think I see your point. DOJ is moving against NC because it goes against Obama's philosophy. DOJ is not moving against a similarly illegal law in Colorado because ....
Well, I tried Googling for an answer, but didn't find one. Maybe someone else knows.

A gold star for you

I was awake that day in Social Studies. Federal laws trump state laws; then I went back to sleep.

They aren't. The last I heard, Colorado marijuana sellers are having a VERY hard time because they don't dare put their money in the bank. Because the banks are run by federal laws and are under federal scrutiny.
My theory is that the feds are waiting to see how things turn out in the 'recreational' states before considering taking pot off the illegal list. Or maybe there's a more intricate legal reason, but it's not because the States are allowed to have laws that contradict federal law.

Did Colorado pass a law that goes against Federal law or not? This is the question
Is the DOJ suing Colorado yet?
Nope. Why would they? Who is being discriminated against because people smoke weed?
Its Federal law asshole
Who is being discriminated against asking people to piss in a sex specific bathroom?

Nope. Why would they? Who is being discriminated against because people smoke weed?

People who would like to legally snort cocaine are certainly being discriminated against.
How so?

People who would like to legally snort cocaine are certainly being discriminated against.
How so?
Their narcotic of choice is still illegal, yes?

Its Federal law asshole
Who is being discriminated against asking people to piss in a sex specific bathroom?
You didnt answer my question. Who is being discriminated against when people smoke weed? Everyone in Colorado can smoke it.

How so?
Their narcotic of choice is still illegal, yes?
So is weed. To the feds.

Regardless of what happens, good for NC for standing up to political correctness running wild. It's about protecting women and children against predators. To bad Obama doesn't want to do this.

being bigots is not "standing up to political correctness"... it's just garden variety bigotry.

normal people know this.

Its Federal law asshole
You didnt answer my question. Who is being discriminated against when people smoke weed? Everyone in Colorado can smoke it.
No one. I am for drug legalization. Try another strawman?

Regardless of what happens, good for NC for standing up to political correctness running wild. It's about protecting women and children against predators. To bad Obama doesn't want to do this.

being bigots is not "standing up to political correctness"... it's just garden variety bigotry.

normal people know this.
being a bigot = freedom

Its Federal law asshole
No thanks. Your one strawman was sufficient.

Its Federal law asshole
pot being illegal at the federal level is a strawman when talking about states rights and federal law? Are you fuckin stupid?
Or were you talking transgender bathroom issues in a thread about transgender bathroom issues?
Either way you look like a dumbfuck.

Its Federal law asshole
pot being illegal at the federal level is a strawman when talking about states rights and federal law? Are you fuckin stupid?
Or were you talking transgender bathroom issues in a thread about transgender bathroom issues?
Youre question was a strawman. Specifically it was an example of a logical fallacy known as false equivalence. Basically your trying to compare an illegal event to someones civil rights. That always makes you look like a dunce when there are more intelligent people around.

Its Federal law asshole
Youre question was a strawman. Specifically it was an example of a logical fallacy known as false equivalence. Basically your trying to compare an illegal event to someones civil rights. That always makes you look like a dunce when there are more intelligent people around.

Shut up man

comparing one instance of the federal government not going after a state law that violates federal law to another case of the federal government going after a state law which it claims violates federal law is entirely appropriate.

I'll add in another, sanctuary cities. Obviously cities which refuse to turn over illegal immigrants are in violation of federal law, where is the DOJ on that one?

Shut up man

comparing one instance of the federal government not going after a state law that violates federal law to another case of the federal government going after a state law which it claims violates federal law is entirely appropriate.

I'll add in another, sanctuary cities. Obviously cities which refuse to turn over illegal immigrants are in violation of federal law, where is the DOJ on that one?
Him mad at me. :laugh:

Its Federal law asshole
what? Are you fuckin retarded?

Says the guy that cant read nor understands what false equivalence is. :laugh:

It's NOT a false equivalence dude, Federal law is supposed to trump state law, but in this case we have a federal agency picking and choosing which states to go after. There is no need to pretend anything different.

umm maybe you should read the thread again.. I don't know what else to tell you at this point.

It's NOT a false equivalence dude, Federal law is supposed to trump state law, but in this case we have a federal agency picking and choosing which states to go after. There is no need to pretend anything different.
Its false equivalence moron. The feds go after the states that discriminate.

umm maybe you should read the thread again.. I don't know what else to tell you at this point.
Not needed. Comparing discrimination events to non discrimination events is false equivalence.

Forum List

Back