NCAA Playoff Picture

Notre Dame, Auburn, Michigan St., Kansas St. all lose.
Florida St., looks terrible as an undefeated.
Arizona St. Looks like a championship contender should Oregon falter.
Alabama and Oregon look like solid choices, as does Mississippi St.

My top four:

Mississippi St.
Florida St.
Oregon
Alabama
No upsets today.

Top four will not change.

Four team playoff is a farce.

Most SEC West teams would be competitive.

Eight team playoff is needed, maybe even top ten.

No limit on how many from one conference either.

So, with a week left;

Mississippi State is out, Notre Dame has fallen apart, Arizona St. has proven to be a nobody.

Alabama takes on Missouri, Ohio St. goes up against Wisconsin, Arizona is going to try to upset Oregon, Florida St. and Georgia Tech.

The Big 12 has its regular season end.

So, as of today, I have:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. TCU
5. Ohio St.
6. Baylor

Those are the teams left for the playoffs, I can't see another team in the hunt, any team loses and they are out.

OSU has no chance now that their down to their third string QB.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

If Missouri plays Alabama close, then Oregon, might get the 1 seed.

Ohio St. needs someone to lose, I'm not sure an Alabama loss would take them out of the top four.

Realistically, there are probably two spots open Florida St. or TCU, if they win out its got to be those four.
If if were a skiff, LSU could float Les Miles up to Michigan.

So, with a week left;

Mississippi State is out, Notre Dame has fallen apart, Arizona St. has proven to be a nobody.

Alabama takes on Missouri, Ohio St. goes up against Wisconsin, Arizona is going to try to upset Oregon, Florida St. and Georgia Tech.

So, as of today, I have:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. TCU
5. Ohio St.
6. Baylor

Those are the teams left for the playoffs, I can't see another team in the hunt, any team loses and they are out.

What do you think now? What a surprise! Cardale Jones...a name to remember!

OSU is in...TCU is out. That is my prediction. Not hard to figure out. 59 - 0!

That should be right...OSU would have been #4 last week had their Heisman QB not gone down..... Cardell Jones comes in first start in college ever in a Big 10 Championship game and gets a 300 pts QB rating and the OSU defense shuts out Wisc Heisman QB chances and the nation leading rusher's chances. It was a spectacle to behold. There was nothing like it.

Buckeye's lost two Heisman Candidate QBs over the course of the season and finished beating all comers except Va Tech which was JT Barretts' second game with an inexperienced front line.

This decision should not be hard.... Ohio States only loss seems like decades ago and that only happened because Braxton Miller was unable to play.

So, with a week left;

So, as of today, I have:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. TCU
5. Ohio St.
6. Baylor

What do you think now? What a surprise! Cardale Jones...a name to remember!

Who saw that one coming?

And, who starts next year?

That should be right...OSU would have been #4 last week had their Heisman QB not gone down..... Cardell Jones comes in first start in college ever in a Big 10 Championship game and gets a 300 pts QB rating and the OSU defense shuts out Wisc Heisman QB chances and the nation leading rusher's chances. It was a spectacle to behold. There was nothing like it.

Buckeye's lost two Heisman Candidate QBs over the course of the season and finished beating all comers except Va Tech which was JT Barretts' second game with an inexperienced front line.

This decision should not be hard.... Ohio States only loss seems like decades ago and that only happened because Braxton Miller was unable to play.
Other than 'bama, which of the top five or six even played an SEC West team?

SEC is killing itself with the current arrangement.

An eight team or ten team playoff is the answer, even if regular season had to be cut a game or two.

Other than 'bama, which of the top five or six even played an SEC West team?

SEC is killing itself with the current arrangement.

An eight team or ten team playoff is the answer, even if regular season had to be cut a game or two.

You'd just get the same arguments each year about the 2 or 3 teams left out no matter how many teams you put in a playoff.

I'm old fashioned, still prefer the polls crowning the NC.

Just a thought to throw out:

If the two champs in the B12 were Texas and OU, not TCU/ Baylor there would be no question one or both would be in. No question in my mind.

Last edited:
I have a tough time putting Ohio St. In over TCU, the Big 12 needs a playoff, if TCU and Baylor would have played yesterday, I think decisions become easier.

I realize Ohio St. Won and won big but is this one win enough?

Remember TCU was 3rd last week and Florida St. was 4th, so do you move TCU down two spots because they won 55-3?

In common opponents TCU demolished Minnesota and Ohio hung on to beat Minnesota.

Interesting no matter how today goes.

Last edited:
I have a tough time putting Ohio St. In over TCU, the Big 12 needs a playoff, if TCU and Baylor would have played yesterday, I think decisions become easier.

Remember TCU was 3rd last week and Florida St. was 4th, so do you move TCU down two spots because they won 55-3?

Any way you slice this, somebody has a legitimate argument. To me the only true argument as to who deserves a spot is FSU. Defending champ goes undefeated and wins conference championship game.

The next 5 or 6 are just a crap shoot

FSU eked out another close one over another second tier team.

I hope they get 'bama for the first game.

Nick Satan will whip Jimbo Fisher like a rented mule.

Basketball has Championship playoffs prior to March Madness. It seems conference champions determined by head-to-head games shows where they are at season end. The quest for the national championship should have eight teams playing.

Ohio State should be in, because they did it with the third string quarterback. Depth of program could not be any clearer.

Any way you slice this, somebody has a legitimate argument. To me the only true argument as to who deserves a spot is FSU. Defending champ goes undefeated and wins conference championship game.

The next 5 or 6 are just a crap shoot

I think Florida St. deserves a spot. Alabama and Oregon are the two best teams in the country. Baylor, Ohio St. And TCU are the next group.

I just think the top 4 in the country should go to the playoffs..............it's not a perfect system and it never was a perfect system...............

So, I think the top 4 rankings go at it....................It's tough to say that seeing how Ohio State won big..................but only 4 to go................has to be the top 4.

Ohio State should be in, because they did it with the third string quarterback. Depth of program could not be any clearer.
How many decent teams did they play?

Did they beat a 'bama?

Did they beat an Auburn?

Did they beat a Mississippi State?

Did they beat a Mississppi?

Did they beat an LSU?

Any five of those teams this year could compete in a playoff against TCU, Baylor, Oregon, OSU, FSU or any other contenders.

Forum List

Back