NCAA Playoff Picture

I just think the top 4 in the country should go to the playoffs..............it's not a perfect system and it never was a perfect system...............

So, I think the top 4 rankings go at it....................It's tough to say that seeing how Ohio State won big..................but only 4 to go................has to be the top 4.
It is four for now, a vast improvement.

I don't consider many of those teams to be anywhere near the best this year.

Ohio State should be in, because they did it with the third string quarterback. Depth of program could not be any clearer.
How many decent teams did they play?

Did they beat a 'bama?

Did they beat an Auburn?

Did they beat a Mississippi State?

Did they beat a Mississppi?

Did they beat an LSU?

Any five of those teams this year could compete in a playoff against TCU, Baylor, Oregon, OSU, FSU or any other contenders.

Got an interesting email as how this should be determined for the 4th spot. Just throwing it out there

The #4 through #7 teams meet and do a separate playoff for the 4th spot

They play only overtime rules. Not full games. The winner of those is the 4th team.

I kinda like the idea

Ohio State should be in, because they did it with the third string quarterback. Depth of program could not be any clearer.

Did they beat a 'bama?

Did they beat an Auburn?

Did they beat an LSU?

Any five of those teams this year could compete in a playoff against TCU, Baylor, Oregon, OSU, FSU or any other contenders.

Auburn, LSU, Mississippi, I don't think are on the same level as Alabama or Oregon, sure they can pull an upset but 9 out of 10 they'd lose.

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida St.
4. Ohio St.

It looks like the Big 12 not having a championship game has hurt them.

Not sure how winning 55-3 loses you two spots either.

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida St.
4. Ohio St.

It looks like the Big 12 not having a championship game has hurt them.

Not sure how winning 55-3 loses you two spots either.

It's a blowout win against Iowa St. Vs a blowout game against Wisky in a conference championship

The Big 12 shot itself in the foot. If Baylor/TCU were Texas/ Oklahoma there is no doubt in my mind that one or both would be in.

Liked seeing Baylor jump TCU though

Gotta love the brackets

Saben v Meyer in one

Past Heisman winner against the probable new Heisman winner in the other.

Last edited:

Did they beat a 'bama?

Did they beat an Auburn?

Did they beat an LSU?

Auburn, LSU, Mississippi, I don't think are on the same level as Alabama or Oregon, sure they can pull an upset but 9 out of 10 they'd lose.
Funny, those teams have not been beaten nine out of ten times in Nick Satan's tenure.

Did they beat a 'bama?

Did they beat an Auburn?

Did they beat an LSU?

Funny, those teams have not been beaten nine out of ten times in Nick Satan's tenure.

We are talking this year, right, not the last few?

This year, LSU, Ole Miss and Auburn are not on the same level as Alabama or Oregon.

Did they beat a 'bama?

Did they beat an Auburn?

Did they beat an LSU?

This year, LSU, Ole Miss and Auburn are not on the same level as Alabama or Oregon.

Uh, Ole Miss beat 'bama.

LSU game went to overtime after Mile's blew another one not knowing how to use the clock.

Neither OSU or Oregon played any team the caliber of Ole Miss, LSU, Auburn or Mississippi State.

I bet 'bama wins this running away.

Did they beat a 'bama?

Did they beat an Auburn?

Did they beat an LSU?

Uh, Ole Miss beat 'bama.

LSU game went to overtime after Mile's blew another one not knowing how to use the clock.

Neither OSU or Oregon played any team the caliber of Ole Miss, LSU, Auburn or Mississippi State.

I think Alabama wins, I think Arizona, UCLA, Arizona St. are as good as any SEC team.

Did they beat a 'bama?

Did they beat an Auburn?

Did they beat an LSU?

Uh, Ole Miss beat 'bama.

I think Alabama wins, I think Arizona, UCLA, Arizona St. are as good as any SEC team.

We will see how SEC does in bowl games.

Most top SEC West teams were undefeated outside the conference.

Uh, Ole Miss beat 'bama.

We will see how SEC does in bowl games.

Most top SEC West teams were undefeated outside the conference.

All SEC teams were undefeated outside the conference as was Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Arizona, UCLA, Arizona St. and Utah.

Ohio State gets to meet Bama in Nawlins!! Gonna be a good game!!

We'll see how the 3rd string QB (second game of his college career) handles Kirby Smart and his Crimson Tide defense!!

So, with a week left;

Mississippi State is out, Notre Dame has fallen apart, Arizona St. has proven to be a nobody.

Alabama takes on Missouri, Ohio St. goes up against Wisconsin, Arizona is going to try to upset Oregon, Florida St. and Georgia Tech.

The Big 12 has its regular season end.

So, as of today, I have:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. TCU
5. Ohio St.
6. Baylor

Those are the teams left for the playoffs, I can't see another team in the hunt, any team loses and they are out.

OSU has no chance now that their down to their third string QB.
And yet...

I want Alabama!

O-H!

I-O!

I guess wins don't count for much in the NCAA playoff picture otherwise Florida State would have been seeded Number 1.

Forum List

Back