🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Nearly 9,000 DACA teachers at risk

My position on Immigration Policy is based on the harm caused to America overall, and m fellow working class/middle class Americans more specifically, not harm caused to me personally.
Please don't waste my time by either A. pretending to not understand that, or B. that that is not valid.

And kindly don't waste mine with fearful RW/ Trumpian talking points or hearsay.
Thanks in advance!

Fear is the rational response to a threat.
Being unconcerned in the presence of danger is foolishness, not an open mind.

There are rational fears and irrational fears.
You exude the latter.
The fear of an unhinged orange man-child with a finger on the "button" is rational
The fear if immigrants is NOT

People Choose News That Fits Their Views

By Jeremy Hsu | June 7, 2009 08:03am ET

News readers gorge on media messages that fit their pre-existing views, rather than graze on a wider range of perspectives. In other words, they consume what they agree with, researchers say.

The finding comes out of a recent study which tracked how college students spent their time reading media articles on hot-button issues such as abortion or gun ownership.

Unsurprisingly, students gravitated toward articles that supported their views.

How political junkies read

Only 5 percent of online news readers go to political blogs on a daily basis, according to a new book by a different researcher, yet many represent the most politically active consumers of the news.

Such readers may prefer blogs over mainstream media sources because they suspect bias in the latter, said Richard Davis, a political scientist at Brigham Young University in Utah.

"They're clearly disenchanted with traditional media," Davis said. "That's why they read blogs in the first place — in their view, they see blogs as more accurate."

Davis worked with several independent firms to conduct nationally representative public opinion surveys of both political blog readers and journalists for his book, "Typing Politics" (Oxford University Press, 2009). He also focused on seven of the top political blogs, which at the time included Daily Kos on the left and Michelle Malkin on the right.

Such political blogs are up front with their political views, and typically "echo" the news reported by traditional journalists while adding their own spin or analysis.

But among the hardcore political junkies, 30 percent told the survey that blogs are more accurate, whereas only 8 percent said traditional media was more accurate. About 40 percent gave equal marks to both.

This trust in blogs over traditional media does not carry over to general readers, Davis cautioned. Less frequent blog readers usually give equal weight to blogs and traditional media. And overall, general readers still put more faith in traditional media.

Conservatives buck the trend

Some findings from both researchers suggest that individual confidence and certainty play a role in what people choose to read.

People with stronger party affiliation, conservative political views, and greater interest in politics proved more likely to click on articles with opposing views, according to the Ohio State study.

"It appears that people with these characteristics are more confident in their views and so they’re more inclined to at least take a quick look at the counterarguments," Knobloch-Westerwick noted.

However, Knobloch-Westerwick added that her latest study was not designed to assess reader motives, and that she hopes to more carefully study the issue in the future.

The Brigham Young University survey found that journalists also tended to read liberal blogs — perhaps a reflection of journalists' political beliefs, although even conservatives said liberal blogs were often better-written, Davis pointed out.

Among the political blog readers, a similar trend emerged in which "liberals read almost exclusively liberal blogs, but conservatives tend to read both," Davis said.

Davis offered another possible explanation for this trend among blog readers. Conservative views dominate talk radio, and so conservatives may feel more satisfied by that outlet and are willing to check out opposing views on blogs.

By contrast, liberal views dominate the blogosphere, but are scant on talk radio.

[…]

People Choose News That Fits Their Views

My position on Immigration Policy is based on the harm caused to America overall, and m fellow working class/middle class Americans more specifically, not harm caused to me personally.
Please don't waste my time by either A. pretending to not understand that, or B. that that is not valid.

And kindly don't waste mine with fearful RW/ Trumpian talking points or hearsay.
Thanks in advance!

I have no real idea what you are talking about.

My positions on Trade and Immigration were well developed long before the 2016 campaigns.

My last post on this issue stands.

Captain Chaos Lumps these valuable assets in with MS-13 - :rolleyes-41: What an idiot

Of the 690,000 undocumented immigrants now facing an uncertain future as Congress and President Trump wrangle over the DACA program are about 8,800 school teachers.

The real possibility that they'll be deported if the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program is allowed to expire has put enormous stress on them.​

Nearly 9,000 DACA Teachers Face An Uncertain Future
How selfish of you. Imagine how much good these people could do enriching their people at home. Not to mention how much room it would make for your own country men, and women to fill the void instead of bussing tables at Applebee’s. How long have you hated America?

Captain Chaos Lumps these valuable assets in with MS-13 - :rolleyes-41: What an idiot

Of the 690,000 undocumented immigrants now facing an uncertain future as Congress and President Trump wrangle over the DACA program are about 8,800 school teachers.

The real possibility that they'll be deported if the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program is allowed to expire has put enormous stress on them.​

CBP: Nogales boy, 14, arrested after leading agents on chase in smuggling van

How selfish of you. Imagine how much good these people could do enriching their people at home. Not to mention how much room it would make for your own country men, and women to fill the void instead of bussing tables at Applebee’s. How long have you hated America?
All his life.

Fear is the rational response to a threat.
Being unconcerned in the presence of danger is foolishness, not an open mind.

There are rational fears and irrational fears.
You exude the latter.
The fear of an unhinged orange man-child with a finger on the "button" is rational
The fear if immigrants is NOT

President Trump is a populist with the crazy radical platform of having American policies to benefit Americans.

THat you consider that worthy of fear, shows that you are the irrational one.

Tens of millions of immigrants have had many negative effects with more to come, many of them quite harmful.

Employers want immigrants, legal and illegal, by the millions for the cheap labor.
When you stand with them, you stand for low wages.

Well then come down on the employers with JAIL TIME.
By the by - Mexico immigration is now at a net-NEGATIVE
Trump had nothing to do with it - This was true back in 2016 ...
Get a grip

Are more undocumented immigrants leaving than coming?

1. I want more and more serious punishments for the employers. Trump has started on this, and I hope for MORE.

2. But the illegal workers need deported.

3. I don't trust the numbers on Immigration, legal or illegal.

4. Trump's unwelcome, is a powerful message, and his leadership is already being reflected in ICE.

On file with their employer just like everyone else.

People that applied under DACA receive an Employement Authorization Card to present for I-9 purposes showing they can legally work.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Humanitarian/Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals/DACA-Fact-Sheet-I-9_Guidance-for-employers_nov20_2012.pdf

>>>>
That is why DACA should be declared unconstitutional by the courts. An EO by a president should not have the authority to trump law passed by congress and signed by a previous president. DACA was not simply prosecutorial discretion as some claim.

That being said, I personally know some dreamer kids that are indeed good kids. If we can button down future illegal immigration so that the problem doesn’t simply repeat itself, I would like to see the dreamers granted legal status,

1. I want more and more serious punishments for the employers. Trump has started on this, and I hope for MORE.[/QUOTE]

Cool, we agreed on one thing - but actually Obama started that.

TUCSON — Obama administration officials are sharpening their crackdown on the hiring of illegal immigrants by focusing increasingly tough criminal charges on employers while moving away from criminal arrests of the workers themselves.

After months of criticism from Republicans who said President Obama was relaxing immigration enforcement in workplaces, the scope of the administration’s strategy has become clear as long-running investigations of employers have culminated in indictments, convictions, exponentially increased fines and jail sentences. While conducting fewer headline-making factory raids, the immigration authorities have greatly expanded the number of businesses facing scrutiny and the cases where employers face severe sanctions.​

Obama Administration Cracks Down on Illegal Immigrants’ Employers

We have plenty of room and our population growth in the US was under 1% last year.
Yeah, cool - So for a super-fun summer job our white college sons and daughters can go to work for 7 bucks an hour in a slaughterhouse!
But in case I need a lesson in "hating America" I'll be sure to let you and Donnie Dotard know.

They don't need teachers in Mexico?

Good illegals shouldn't be teaching American youth

These illegals were brought here as children. They were raised in America. Despite having no legal status, they're very much American.

Thank you

Put yourself in their shoes Miss Smarty Pants. Imagine you were raised here in America since you were 2 years old. You know nothing of your origin's country language or culture. You've built a life here. Then one day someone comes and tells you to leave this country and go to a country you know nothing of?

You would feel terrible,scared and angry.

If you cannot empathize with dreamers then you have no heart.

Most of them speak Spanish fluently and are illiterate in English.

Forum List

Back