Need work?

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
I know I posted something similar on my first trip through USMB. I just got off the phone with a woman who is up-to-here with her job, but can't find anywhere else to work SO I gave her all my information on finding work at home.

Most of the people who work at home do several small jobs, that add up to one paycheck. Generally, they are dependent on a spouse or significant other for insurance coverage.

Here are some of the places I tell people to check, in order that they can start with one or two, and just keep adding projects until they wind up with regular money coming in.

Work at Home Jobs: Free Legitimate Work From Home Job Opportunities

Work From Home - Work at Home Jobs, Recipes & Articles For Moms - WAHM.com

Work From Home | Over 1400 Work From Home Jobs To Fill Immediately |

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Killer-Work-Home-Jobs-Search-ebook/dp/B00B5UGUNA]Amazon.com: Killer Work from Home Jobs: 460 Jobs SUPER BOOK (Job Search Series) eBook: Lee Evans: Kindle Store[/ame]

QuickTate : Transcribers <--- NO! Because $15 background check fee!!!

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

I also tell them, never pay for anything. Not a background check, a credit check, nada.

PM me if you don't feel like discussing on the open board. I've been in the work-at-home community for over five years now.

Last edited:
Any thread bump, no matter how lame, is a good thread bump.

:thanks:

It would appear so! Still - even if people are workin hard, most everybody knows somebody who is desperate to find work.

This OP is a starting point for them.

Of course, it would rather go without saying that they need a PC and internet access.

I bookmarked this page. I cannot work out in the public any more, but I can work online. Things are tough around here....I need a job. Sitting in front of my pc and getting paid for it sounds doable. Even with minimum wage. Anything is better than nothing.

I bookmarked this page. I cannot work out in the public any more, but I can work online. Things are tough around here....I need a job. Sitting in front of my pc and getting paid for it sounds doable. Even with minimum wage. Anything is better than nothing.

When you have time, PM me if you want some information on the ins and outs of who's hiring, whether you actually want to be hired by them, etc.

There's also another entire board for cyber erotica/phone people.

Amazon.com: Killer Work from Home Jobs: 460 Jobs SUPER BOOK (Job Search Series) eBook: Lee Evans: Kindle Store

QuickTate : Transcribers

I also tell them, never pay for anything. Not a background check, a credit check, nada.

PM me if you don't feel like discussing on the open board. I've been in the work-at-home community for over five years now.

I find it funny that you say to never pay them and the Amazon link wants $15 dollars.

Amazon.com: Killer Work from Home Jobs: 460 Jobs SUPER BOOK (Job Search Series) eBook: Lee Evans: Kindle Store

I find it funny that you say to never pay them and the Amazon link wants $15 dollars.

Uh-huh. Okay - now can I get a screenshot of that? That'd be swell. Because on MY screen, it's $3.99.

That is only if you want a book of 400 actual jobs.

Which of course is not necessary.

I am spelling this out for you, because you don't seem to know the difference between paying a person or entity for a job that may or may not be real, and paying for information that somebody has already accumulated for you.

Now, please do let me know when you have that screenshot. Much appreciated.

Uh-huh. Okay - now can I get a screenshot of that? That'd be swell. Because on MY screen, it's $3.99.

I am spelling this out for you, because you don't seem to know the difference between paying a person or entity for a job that may or may not be real, and paying for information that somebody has already accumulated for you.

Sorry. Wrong link.

7. Background Checks:
After you pass the Quiz and the typing test, we will run a background check on you. You agree to pay the $15 cost of the background check. This may be paid using PayPal or your credit card.

We do work from home but our current typing job does not require a background check.

Sorry. Wrong link.

7. Background Checks:
After you pass the Quiz and the typing test, we will run a background check on you. You agree to pay the $15 cost of the background check. This may be paid using PayPal or your credit card.

We do work from home but our current typing job does not require a background check.

Thank you. They did not do that to me, and that's news to me. I will no longer recommend them to anyone, and I will write them to ask wtf.

The woman who cleans for us is just about at the end of her rope. She works two jobs, three kids, lives in a garage and gets no child support from the dead beat dad who likes to party. I'd like to pass this on to her. If you have other info, I'd really like to have it.

And, thanks very much for posting this.

The woman who cleans for us is just about at the end of her rope. She works two jobs, three kids, lives in a garage and gets no child support from the dead beat dad who likes to party. I'd like to pass this on to her. If you have other info, I'd really like to have it.

And, thanks very much for posting this.

You are welcome. There are far too many people in those very shoes.

Another resource is selling on line. I sell on Amazon, Alibris and Ebay and do really well with them. If you don't already have books or stuff to sell, there's no end to sources. One person I know buys at flea markets. He's been doing that his whole adult life so he's pretty knowledgeable about what to buy. Same with antiques. I don't have that kind of knowledge but I could learn if I needed to.

A few weeks back, I bought a bunch of really old art magazines. I had it in the back of my mind that I would check to see if there was any market for them after I had finished with them. I was stunned that I got $96 for mags I had paid $3 for.

I wanted to donate (what I think is tacky) xmas thingy to the thrift store but checked Ebay first. Jeeez. Its really true that one person's trash is another person's treasure. the damn thing sold the first day it was up.

Also, there are apps that give you the current selling price for books and various other things. You just scan in the bar code and its immediately on your screen. And, of course, some really good websites.

Just thinking out loud. We're retired so we really don't work hard at it. Mostly, its just a profitable way to get rid of a lifetime of collecting. That's collecting. NOT hoarding!

Another resource is selling on line. I sell on Amazon, Alibris and Ebay and do really well with them. If you don't already have books or stuff to sell, there's no end to sources. One person I know buys at flea markets. He's been doing that his whole adult life so he's pretty knowledgeable about what to buy. Same with antiques. I don't have that kind of knowledge but I could learn if I needed to.

A few weeks back, I bought a bunch of really old art magazines. I had it in the back of my mind that I would check to see if there was any market for them after I had finished with them. I was stunned that I got $96 for mags I had paid $3 for.

I wanted to donate (what I think is tacky) xmas thingy to the thrift store but checked Ebay first. Jeeez. Its really true that one person's trash is another person's treasure. the damn thing sold the first day it was up.

Also, there are apps that give you the current selling price for books and various other things. You just scan in the bar code and its immediately on your screen. And, of course, some really good websites.

Just thinking out loud. We're retired so we really don't work hard at it. Mostly, its just a profitable way to get rid of a lifetime of collecting. That's collecting. NOT hoarding!

Yes! That is phase two. If you're not in the following states, (Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, or Rhode Island), you can earn by pointing people at Amazon. Or Netflix. Or any number of other sites. This though? Can take some serious training. You need to learn a lot and do a lot to become an affiliate marketer but man? The payoff is well worth it.

Brilliant addition to the thread, [MENTION=32558]Luddly Neddite[/MENTION]. The eBay concept has gone a bit by the wayside, since eBay has gotten so fee-happy. But people are still making serious money. Of course the main thing to know is be aware, be prepared. KNOW that you will not be making serious bank overnight. You have a lot to learn if you expect to maximize your earnings.

Okay, for instance. Say we go with the concept of "I'm not spending nothing, I'm just here to make money." Okay. Then say you're like me, and you have a talent (writing, in my case). Go to fiverr.com and sell your time/effort. Check things out! As you've seen above with Quicktate, they didn't used to charge for a check, and now they do. So make sure nobody is expecting any money out of you. In the case of Fiverr, I think you lose the paypal fees (so you actually only get paid $4.85 per task, I believe.) BUT: do - what? Two-three tasks, and you can afford to buy your domain (SavethestarvingBoops.com). Then you need to see where you want to host, find out what they charge monthly, and do that many tasks a month so you're not coming out of pocket for hosting.

There's a whole world of ways to earn money out there. For the most part, you need at least a computer and internet access. You have to be reasonably intelligent, and have an ability to think outside the box.

But for just pocket change. If you know someone who maybe isn't real bright, their grammar and spelling aren't the best ... but they need to be doing something so they are at least to some degree productive, there are sites that have been around for years where all they would have to do is open an email, or click on a link. For instance, mypoints.com. It doesn't pay cash, but I can't even tell you how many gift cards my sister has earned/received.

Normally I would say "Google PTR (paid-to-read) or PTC (paid-to-click) but all that means is one of the newer companies that may or may not be around for any length of time, gets a new body. And I don't want to see anybody trade their time, and receive nothing in return. So I shall do the Google, and give the names I know have been around for a very long time, and do pay.

mypoints.com
swagbucks.com
clixsense.com

The last two are essentially portals, where you get paid to play games, click on ads, etc. I didn't make the links clickable because I want it to be clear that I am not using this site to sign people up under me. I only belong to swagbucks, and that's it. I have a membership there. I can barely make myself click mypoints, lol! I do have a full-time job - I just need to get past this mindset of "Well, I'm doing fine, so why bother making more money?"

I know, right??

Anyway. That's my book for the day. Feel free to pass this on to anybody you think needs the information. And if you have somebody who is struggling to make ends meet, but not exactly blessed in the brains department, get them started with something like clixsense so they can at least see that there are possibilities. A big part of being unemployed or underemployed is feeling trapped/hopeless.

Having options helps alleviate that a bit, I feel.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back