🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Nero

Stocks plunge, coronavirus spreads and Trump tweets image of himself playing fiddle

Is it actually possible that the president of the US could be so uninformed and ignorant as to not know the reference to Nero fiddling while Rome burned?

Trump is trolling and you mooks are eating it up, too funny.

this is a bit beyond standard trolling; but hey - use whatever defense is necessary to keep from having to simply say "ok this was stupid".

Sorry, I just don't take it seriously. Those that do, need to get a freaking life.

i don't follow a whole lot of what he does either, but in a time of crisis regardless of where it comes from, to reference doing nothing while the world burns is just ignorant.
Believe it or not, that meme originally came from Dan Scavino, Trump's White House Director of Social Media. This is what Trump said when he retweeted it:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

16h
Who knows what this means, but it sounds good to me!

If you think about what it says, with friends like that, who needs enemies? It actually occurred to me it might be a fake news plant by the Trump haters, so I went to his official twitter feed and it's for real.
well that didn't help much.

your director of social media puts out a fiddle playing trump to imply you're not doing anything a crisis and you're not even sure what it means.

it's like a gift wrapped double fail.

Stocks plunge, coronavirus spreads and Trump tweets image of himself playing fiddle

Is it actually possible that the president of the US could be so uninformed and ignorant as to not know the reference to Nero fiddling while Rome burned?

this is a bit beyond standard trolling; but hey - use whatever defense is necessary to keep from having to simply say "ok this was stupid".

Sorry, I just don't take it seriously. Those that do, need to get a freaking life.

i don't follow a whole lot of what he does either, but in a time of crisis regardless of where it comes from, to reference doing nothing while the world burns is just ignorant.

Compared to SARS or the Swine Flu, this virus is being vastly over blown. COVID-19 poses a major risk to a much smaller percentage of the population than either of the previous two. With the Swine Flu 20,000 were hospitalized and 1,000 died in the first 6 months, we're not on pace to reach anything close to those numbers. But the commies will never let the least little thing go by that they think they can propagandize. This thread is a perfect example.

Last edited:
This fool just had to start another Trump hate thread.
View attachment 311252
5th Ave Syndrome now has Nero symptoms.
Did someone mention Former President Obama AND Former Secretary of State Clinton?
upload_2020-3-9_8-39-35.jpeg
upload_2020-3-9_8-40-2.jpeg

Compared to SARS or the Swine Flu, this virus is being vastly over blown. COVID-19 poses a major risk to a much smaller percentage of the population than either of the previous two. With the Swine Flu 20,000 were hospitalized and 1,000 died in the first 6 months, were not on pace to reach anything close to those numbers. But the commies will never let the least little thing go by that they think they can propagandize. This thread is a perfect example.

This thread has nothing to do with the virus.
Are you really that far up Trump’s ass?

You mean like Biden is doing to the right by stumbling over his words?

Biden finally won his first presidential primary in three tries in SC, too bad he wasn't there for it. He is suffering from dementia and has to be handled to keep him facing in the correct direction. It's really sad.

What is truly sad is watching all the Trump haters try and stoke fear and panic for political gain. The current estimated population for the Country is 330,393,544 and we have had I believe 22 deaths from corona virus and yet we have people in and out of the media acting like we are in the grip of the Black Death. I’m not trying to downplay the seriousness of the virus but it would be nice if others would stop trying to overhype it.
Nothing to see here, folks.

"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf. Believe me. Believe me," Trump very publicly boasted in August 2016.

Guess what? Trump cultists believed him.

Believe it or not, that meme originally came from Dan Scavino, Trump's White House Director of Social Media. This is what Trump said when he retweeted it:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

16h

If you think about what it says, with friends like that, who needs enemies? It actually occurred to me it might be a fake news plant by the Trump haters, so I went to his official twitter feed and it's for real.
Holy crap.

That's all I got, just "holy crap".

Compared to SARS or the Swine Flu, this virus is being vastly over blown. COVID-19 poses a major risk to a much smaller percentage of the population than either of the previous two. With the Swine Flu 20,000 were hospitalized and 1,000 died in the first 6 months, were not on pace to reach anything close to those numbers. But the commies will never let the least little thing go by that they think they can propagandize. This thread is a perfect example.

This thread has nothing to do with the virus.
Are you really that far up Trump’s ass?

Really, did you read the title of your link?

Stocks plunge, coronavirus spreads and President Trump tweets image of himself playing a fiddle

Seems to me, it's about 3 topics.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

16h

I guess when you promote someone from golf club manager to White House Social Media Director you end up with weird tweets.

my issue here is the inconceivable fact that Trump was ignorant of the connotations of the image. My 17 year old son knows the reference.
Do you think the media director knows what he did?

Compared to SARS or the Swine Flu, this virus is being vastly over blown. COVID-19 poses a major risk to a much smaller percentage of the population than either of the previous two. With the Swine Flu 20,000 were hospitalized and 1,000 died in the first 6 months, we're not on pace to reach anything close to those numbers. But the commies will never let the least little thing go by that they think they can propagandize. This thread is a perfect example.

Actually, yes we are.

Forum List

Back