Netanyahu A 'Chickenshit': The Crisis in U.S.-Israel Relations Is Officially Here

"Chickenshit" has nothing to do with cowardice (i.e., being a "chicken"). It refers to the gold trim on the bill of a field-grade officer's saucer cap, and "chickenshit" is a disparaging description of a military officer (or person in a leadership position) who focuses on minutiae rather than what is truly important. Apparently neither the quoted anonymous source in the Administration nor most of the people posting here have any idea what the word actually means. Not surprising.

In any event, the Administration's problem with Bibi is that they are trying to create the illusion that they have a viable "roadmap" to a "2-state solution," and Bibi keeps doing things that outrage the so-called "Palestinians" and destroy that illusion. It makes War Hero Kerry look foolish and impotent.

You see, the Zionists utterly reject the concept of "occupied territories," and the ephemeral bifurcation of Jerusalem. It's all THEIR's, dad-gummit, and the ultimate objective is to make things so unpleasant for the Pallies that they just go to Syria or someplace and leave them alone.

Bibi even demands that the Pallies recognize Israel's "right to exist as a Jewish state."

I'm not holding my breath on that one. It's all about posturing and being made to look foolish.

Just pay attention. The American and European Left openly express hate for Israel. This latest debacle is a good example of that.

I really don't see it. I think they kiss their butt less, but I don't see hate.

Just think if Netanyahu's Administration said things like this about our President. This is an ugly debacle. The President should apologize to Netanyahu immediately.

They couldn't say anything worse than the right is saying all the time. When the story is from an anonymous it seems it should just be ignored by all parties.

I believe we are discussing the current idiotic occupants of the White House and/or individuals within the administration.

Not just the "right or the left". It doesn't matter jack shit what anyone says on a message board or in a blog.

It matters big fucking time when a member of the head honcho's administration is freaking peeping off like this.

Get a grip.

Which member?

As quoted by the Atlantic a respected source for this story " a senior member of the Obama administration".

Now I realize that in your other post you were making the argument that an anonymous source should be ignored by all parties.

It won't be nor should it be ignored.

And I'm not talking about you or I or millions of other peons who post on message boards or millions talking around the water cooler at the office.

This is a huge diplomatic "faux pas" or as we say in the real world "a huge fuck up".

This comment has of course gone viral. It doesn't matter what you think or what I think you see.

First and foremost it is a huge insult to the leader of the nation that is America's strongest and most faithful ally in the Middle East who has stood by the US for decades.

Secondly and I can guarantee you this, it is another example of boorish behavior by not ready for prime time players in this administration who cannot refrain from childish insulting outbursts on the world stage.

And this reprehensible insult will be noted by other world leaders and their administrations.

In other words to quote VP Biden.

"This is a big fucking deal".

Oh and they are flipping out in Israel. As they should.

This comment puts these insults and there are more insults than just "chickenshit" into perspective from the Israeli view point. I'll link to JP for you.

They are pissed off.

"Sources in the Prime Minister's office responded to the slurs by saying that Netanyahu will continue to remain firm on the security interests of Israeli citizens and on the Jewish people's historic rights in Jerusalem.

"No pressure will change that," the sources said.

Economy Minister Naftali Bennett quickly came to Netanyahu's defense, issuing a statement saying that the prime minister of Israel is not a private person, and that cursing him is "an insult not just to him but to the millions of Israeli citizens and Jews across the globe."

"The leader of Syria who slaughtered 150,000 people was not awarded the name 'chickenshit'," he wrote. "Neither was the leader of Saudi Arabia who stones women and homosexuals or the leader of Iran who murders freedom protesters

. If what appears in the press is true, then it seems that the current US administration is throwing Israel under the bus."

Bennett called on the US administration to "immediately reject these gross comments."

Senior Obama administration official reportedly calls Netanyahu chickens t

I really don't see it. I think they kiss their butt less, but I don't see hate.

Just think if Netanyahu's Administration said things like this about our President. This is an ugly debacle. The President should apologize to Netanyahu immediately.

They couldn't say anything worse than the right is saying all the time. When the story is from an anonymous it seems it should just be ignored by all parties.

I believe we are discussing the current idiotic occupants of the White House and/or individuals within the administration.

Not just the "right or the left". It doesn't matter jack shit what anyone says on a message board or in a blog.

It matters big fucking time when a member of the head honcho's administration is freaking peeping off like this.

Get a grip.

Which member?

As quoted by the Atlantic a respected source for this story " a senior member of the Obama administration".

Now I realize that in your other post you were making the argument that an anonymous source should be ignored by all parties.

It won't be nor should it be ignored.

And I'm not talking about you or I or millions of other peons who post on message boards or millions talking around the water cooler at the office.

This is a huge diplomatic "faux pas" or as we say in the real world "a huge fuck up".

This comment has of course gone viral. It doesn't matter what you think or what I think you see.

First and foremost it is a huge insult to the leader of the nation that is America's strongest and most faithful ally in the Middle East who has stood by the US for decades.

Secondly and I can guarantee you this, it is another example of boorish behavior by not ready for prime time players in this administration who cannot refrain from childish insulting outbursts on the world stage.

And this reprehensible insult will be noted by other world leaders and their administrations.

In other words to quote VP Biden.

"This is a big fucking deal".

Oh and they are flipping out in Israel. As they should.

This comment puts these insults and there are more insults than just "chickenshit" into perspective from the Israeli view point. I'll link to JP for you.

They are pissed off.

"Sources in the Prime Minister's office responded to the slurs by saying that Netanyahu will continue to remain firm on the security interests of Israeli citizens and on the Jewish people's historic rights in Jerusalem.

"No pressure will change that," the sources said.

Economy Minister Naftali Bennett quickly came to Netanyahu's defense, issuing a statement saying that the prime minister of Israel is not a private person, and that cursing him is "an insult not just to him but to the millions of Israeli citizens and Jews across the globe."

"The leader of Syria who slaughtered 150,000 people was not awarded the name 'chickenshit'," he wrote. "Neither was the leader of Saudi Arabia who stones women and homosexuals or the leader of Iran who murders freedom protesters

. If what appears in the press is true, then it seems that the current US administration is throwing Israel under the bus."

Bennett called on the US administration to "immediately reject these gross comments."

Senior Obama administration official reportedly calls Netanyahu chickens t

Right so we have no idea who. That being said it seems foolish to blow it all up. I don't take anonymous very seriously.

"Chickenshit" has nothing to do with cowardice (i.e., being a "chicken"). It refers to the gold trim on the bill of a field-grade officer's saucer cap, and "chickenshit" is a disparaging description of a military officer (or person in a leadership position) who focuses on minutiae rather than what is truly important. Apparently neither the quoted anonymous source in the Administration nor most of the people posting here have any idea what the word actually means. Not surprising.

In any event, the Administration's problem with Bibi is that they are trying to create the illusion that they have a viable "roadmap" to a "2-state solution," and Bibi keeps doing things that outrage the so-called "Palestinians" and destroy that illusion. It makes War Hero Kerry look foolish and impotent.

You see, the Zionists utterly reject the concept of "occupied territories," and the ephemeral bifurcation of Jerusalem. It's all THEIR's, dad-gummit, and the ultimate objective is to make things so unpleasant for the Pallies that they just go to Syria or someplace and leave them alone.

Bibi even demands that the Pallies recognize Israel's "right to exist as a Jewish state."

I'm not holding my breath on that one. It's all about posturing and being made to look foolish.

Oh bite me you pompous asshole.

You didn't read the article before you decided to slag others for not being oh just so intelligent as you as to not understand the meaning of the word chickenshit.

:lol:

Chickenshit was one word used. And I will put up the definition according to the dictionary.

Note: the term is regarded as vulgar

chick·en·shit (ch
ibreve.gif
k
prime.gif
schwa.gif
n-sh
ibreve.gif
t
lprime.gif
) Vulgar Slang
n.

1. Contemptibly petty, insignificant nonsense.
2. A coward.
adj.
1. Contemptibly unimportant; petty.
2. Cowardly; afraid.

The administration officials also claimed he was scared. And yes that's a plural. It was more than one idiotic official.

The Prime Minister was called a coward, had no guts, was scared, and then bluffing,

All in all comments unbecoming the highest office and officials in America.

Disgusting. Punks on the Potomac are making a laughing stock of America world wide.

Sad.

The Obama administration's anger is "red-hot" over Israel's settlement policies, and the Netanyahu government openly expresses contempt for Obama's understanding of the Middle East. Profound changes in the relationship may be coming.

The other day I was talking to a senior Obama administration official about the foreign leader who seems to frustrate the White House and the State Department the most. “The thing about Bibi is, he’s a chickenshit,” this official said, referring to the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, by his nickname.

This comment is representative of the gloves-off manner in which American and Israeli officials now talk about each other behind closed doors, and is yet another sign that relations between the Obama and Netanyahu governments have moved toward a full-blown crisis. The relationship between these two administrations— dual guarantors of the putatively “unbreakable” bond between the U.S. and Israel—is now the worst it's ever been, and it stands to get significantly worse after the November midterm elections. By next year, the Obama administration may actually withdraw diplomatic cover for Israel at the United Nations, but even before that, both sides are expecting a showdown over Iran, should an agreement be reached about the future of its nuclear program.

The fault for this breakdown in relations can be assigned in good part to the junior partner in the relationship, Netanyahu, and in particular, to the behavior of his cabinet. Netanyahu has told several people I’ve spoken to in recent days that he has “written off” the Obama administration, and plans to speak directly to Congress and to the American people should an Iran nuclear deal be reached. For their part, Obama administration officials express, in the words of one official, a “red-hot anger” at Netanyahu for pursuing settlement policies on the West Bank, and building policies in Jerusalem, that they believe have fatally undermined Secretary of State John Kerry’s peace process.

Over the years, Obama administration officials have described Netanyahu to me as recalcitrant, myopic, reactionary, obtuse, blustering, pompous, and “Aspergery.” (These are verbatim descriptions; I keep a running list.) But I had not previously heard Netanyahu described as a “chickenshit.” I thought I appreciated the implication of this description, but it turns out I didn’t have a full understanding. From time to time, current and former administration officials have described Netanyahu as a national leader who acts as though he is mayor of Jerusalem, which is to say, a no-vision small-timer who worries mainly about pleasing the hardest core of his political constituency. (President Obama, in interviews with me, has alluded to Netanyahu’s lack of political courage.)

“The good thing about Netanyahu is that he’s scared to launch wars,” the official said, expanding the definition of what a chickenshit Israeli prime minister looks like. “The bad thing about him is that he won’t do anything to reach an accommodation with the Palestinians or with the Sunni Arab states. The only thing he’s interested in is protecting himself from political defeat. He’s not [Yitzhak] Rabin, he’s not [Ariel] Sharon, he’s certainly no [Menachem] Begin. He’s got no guts.”

Much More: The Crisis in U.S.-Israel Relations Is Officially Here - The Atlantic

Personally, I think referring to Nutanyahoo as "chickenshit" is far too kind.

I think I have a handle on why no one in the middle east likes the Jews. Way back in the day, when the area was filled with nomadic tribes the Hebrews had a great army that they farmed out to the highest bidder.

They fought for and against people solely for money, with no regard of loyalty or friendship, of course while that was going on those other tribes were forming nations and the Hebrews had not......leaving them one of the few remaining nomadic tribes. Then we have Abraham, Hebrew General under too much political pressure because there is no one left who wants to hire their army, in too much desert heat and all of a sudden he's talking to god, who apparently tells him that it's ok to go steal some land and he just happens to have an army to do it with.

It explains the hatred and disdain and how they got their reputation for the love of money.

Can you say Karma.

And of course the one's they are playing for suckers today is the USA.

Israel is not our friend, our money is their friend. Just dry up the money and we'll see how much they really happen to like us.

Nutanyahoo is dangerous to world stability.

I don't know about that but he sure isn't helping problems over there. If he is so good how about he fixes things so we don't have to keep wasting time on it? How many of our presidents have spent time helping negotiate for no results? And we send them money too? What they been doing for us?

Nutanyahoo and his Jewish hardliners don't want peace.

Last edited:
The Obama administration's anger is "red-hot" over Israel's settlement policies, and the Netanyahu government openly expresses contempt for Obama's understanding of the Middle East. Profound changes in the relationship may be coming.

The other day I was talking to a senior Obama administration official about the foreign leader who seems to frustrate the White House and the State Department the most. “The thing about Bibi is, he’s a chickenshit,” this official said, referring to the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, by his nickname.

This comment is representative of the gloves-off manner in which American and Israeli officials now talk about each other behind closed doors, and is yet another sign that relations between the Obama and Netanyahu governments have moved toward a full-blown crisis. The relationship between these two administrations— dual guarantors of the putatively “unbreakable” bond between the U.S. and Israel—is now the worst it's ever been, and it stands to get significantly worse after the November midterm elections. By next year, the Obama administration may actually withdraw diplomatic cover for Israel at the United Nations, but even before that, both sides are expecting a showdown over Iran, should an agreement be reached about the future of its nuclear program.

The fault for this breakdown in relations can be assigned in good part to the junior partner in the relationship, Netanyahu, and in particular, to the behavior of his cabinet. Netanyahu has told several people I’ve spoken to in recent days that he has “written off” the Obama administration, and plans to speak directly to Congress and to the American people should an Iran nuclear deal be reached. For their part, Obama administration officials express, in the words of one official, a “red-hot anger” at Netanyahu for pursuing settlement policies on the West Bank, and building policies in Jerusalem, that they believe have fatally undermined Secretary of State John Kerry’s peace process.

Over the years, Obama administration officials have described Netanyahu to me as recalcitrant, myopic, reactionary, obtuse, blustering, pompous, and “Aspergery.” (These are verbatim descriptions; I keep a running list.) But I had not previously heard Netanyahu described as a “chickenshit.” I thought I appreciated the implication of this description, but it turns out I didn’t have a full understanding. From time to time, current and former administration officials have described Netanyahu as a national leader who acts as though he is mayor of Jerusalem, which is to say, a no-vision small-timer who worries mainly about pleasing the hardest core of his political constituency. (President Obama, in interviews with me, has alluded to Netanyahu’s lack of political courage.)

“The good thing about Netanyahu is that he’s scared to launch wars,” the official said, expanding the definition of what a chickenshit Israeli prime minister looks like. “The bad thing about him is that he won’t do anything to reach an accommodation with the Palestinians or with the Sunni Arab states. The only thing he’s interested in is protecting himself from political defeat. He’s not [Yitzhak] Rabin, he’s not [Ariel] Sharon, he’s certainly no [Menachem] Begin. He’s got no guts.”

Much More: The Crisis in U.S.-Israel Relations Is Officially Here - The Atlantic

I think I have a handle on why no one in the middle east likes the Jews. Way back in the day, when the area was filled with nomadic tribes the Hebrews had a great army that they farmed out to the highest bidder.

They fought for and against people solely for money, with no regard of loyalty or friendship, of course while that was going on those other tribes were forming nations and the Hebrews had not......leaving them one of the few remaining nomadic tribes. Then we have Abraham, Hebrew General under too much political pressure because there is no one left who wants to hire their army, in too much desert heat and all of a sudden he's talking to god, who apparently tells him that it's ok to go steal some land and he just happens to have an army to do it with.

It explains the hatred and disdain and how they got their reputation for the love of money.

Can you say Karma.

Israel is not our friend, our money is their friend. Just dry up the money and we'll see how much they really happen to like us.

You sure are going far back to dig that up. That's even before Muhammad. I doubt that is it.

You didn't read the article before you decided to slag others for not being oh just so intelligent as you as to not understand the meaning of the word chickenshit.

Chickenshit was one word used. And I will put up the definition according to the dictionary.

chick·en·shit (ch
ibreve.gif
k
prime.gif
schwa.gif
n-sh
ibreve.gif
t
lprime.gif
) Vulgar Slang
n.

2. A coward.
adj.
2. Cowardly; afraid.

The administration officials also claimed he was scared. And yes that's a plural. It was more than one idiotic official.

The Prime Minister was called a coward, had no guts, was scared, and then bluffing,

Disgusting. Punks on the Potomac are making a laughing stock of America world wide.

Sad.

Last edited:

Can you say Karma.

You sure are going far back to dig that up. That's even before Muhammad. I doubt that is it.

Everything gets started somewhere, you just have to go back far enough.

Ah, RW propagandists making a mountain out of a molehill again. What a bunch of a-holes and dupes...

In diplomatic circles calling another world leader who is your country's ally "a chickenshit" is a freaking mountain.

Sure if the president does it. But if it's anonymous it's just silly.

By all means try to explain that to the world wide diplomatic community.

That boat won't float. Sorries. The Atlantic is highly respected. The author of the article is an exceptional writer. He is solid about his sources. The article has gone viral.

You must also understand that Jeffrey Goldberg the very author of the article is anti Netanyahu, anti Israel and pro Obama. You really need to read the whole article.

Goldberg agrees with the administration that Netanyahu is an asshole and the roadblock to John Kerry's feeble attempt at peace in the middle east.

This is sticking. As well it should.

Last edited:

Can you say Karma.

Everything gets started somewhere, you just have to go back far enough.

I think it has more to do with the creation of Israel after ww2.

chick·en·shit (ch
ibreve.gif
k
prime.gif
schwa.gif
n-sh
ibreve.gif
t
lprime.gif
) Vulgar Slang
n.

2. A coward.
adj.
2. Cowardly; afraid.

Sad.

Ah, RW propagandists making a mountain out of a molehill again. What a bunch of a-holes and dupes...

In diplomatic circles calling another world leader who is your country's ally "a chickenshit" is a freaking mountain.

Sure if the president does it. But if it's anonymous it's just silly.

By all means try to explain that to the world wide diplomatic community.

That boat won't float. Sorries. The Atlantic is highly respected. The author of the article is an exceptional writer. He is solid about his sources. The article has gone viral.

You must also understand that Jeffrey Goldberg the very author of the article is anti Netanyahu, anti Israel and pro Obama. You really need to read the whole article.

Goldberg agrees with the administration that Netanyahu is an asshole and the roadblock to John Kerry's feeble attempt at peace in the middle east.

This is sticking. As well it should.

I guess they are so mad they will stop taking our money?

I call bullshit reporting. I love the so called anonymous source stated this! Good story, impossible to disprove!

These threads always highlight who are the profoundly anti-Semetic.:2up:

By the way..........anybody catch that Asst Secretary of State last night? Black woman.......forget her name.........fubar'd the whole Benghazi thing. Is she not the most airheaded mofu we've ever seen? She makes Kerry look exceedingly competent.:coffee:

Forum List

Back