Netanyahu Pushes Back Against New Pressure Over Gaza And Hostages: 'No One Will Preach To Me'

crossbody

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2024
Associated Press

Netanyahu pushes back against new pressure over Gaza and hostages: 'No one will preach to me'​

TIA GOLDENBERG
Updated Mon, September 2, 2024, 2:54 PM CDT·7 min read
https://www.yahoo.com/news/general-strike-israel-over-hostages-064912182.html#
TEL AVIV, Israel (AP) — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday pushed back against a new wave of pressure to reach a cease-fire deal in Gaza after hundreds of thousands of Israelis protested and went on strike and U.S. President Joe Biden said he needed to do more after nearly 11 months of fighting.

In his first public address since Sunday's mass protests showed many Israelis' furious response to the discovery of six more dead hostages, Netanyahu said he will continue to insist on a demand that has emerged as a major sticking point in talks — continued Israeli control of the Philadelphi corridor, a narrow band along Gaza's border with Egypt where Israel contends Hamas smuggles weapons into Gaza. Egypt and Hamas deny it.

Netanyahu called the corridor vital to ensuring Hamas cannot rearm via tunnels. “This is the oxygen of Hamas,” he said.

And he added: “No one is more committed to freeing the hostages than me. But no one will preach to me."

Obama knows he is out of the White House very soon, so he has Hamas murder some of the hostages even an American in hopes of forcing Netenyahu into a cease-fire.

Obama is just like his house of Ahab family. They use murder to control and to have things go their way. This s all Obama and his Muslim militants in Iran and Hezbollah doing this.

Forum List

Back