Nevada Rangers Ram Through Climate Protest Blockade

No - the cardinal rule has been broken.

The vigilante/individualist crowd is getting off on this (despite this being a brutal misuse of state force), but a deal is going to need to be made as I outlined.

But we’ll see; give it 6 months. :)
There was no misuse of state force. The state wasn't involved. No state officers were present.

There will be no shitstorm. What do you think these protesters can do? Who do you think they can complain to? Where do you think they can file a law suit? What laws do you think will apply?
You’re looking at this from a very informed perspective, and I appreciate that.

But there’s a much bigger picture, and that’s what I’m looking at.

But we’ll see; give it 6 months, and I’ll be happy to concede any erroneous speculation I may have expressed. :)

You’re looking at this from a very informed perspective, and I appreciate that.

But there’s a much bigger picture, and that’s what I’m looking at.

But we’ll see; give it 6 months, and I’ll be happy to concede any erroneous speculation I may have expressed. :)
Okay. Just to be curious, what bigger picture do you think there is? Tribes don't care about tourism.

Yeah, you. You literally have no idea what you are talking about.
I won’t give back in kind in this one reply, tempted though I am.

I think that three of us - you and I and ECB - are speaking from informed perspectives, but while I’m correct, I’m not married to that correctness.

This is a disaster, a clusterfuck, and damage control will happen.

The worst cop will lose his job; maybe more than one of these bad cops.

Whoops and cheers will turn to sorrow.

But let’s revisit in February/March, and we can see where things stand. :)

Holy shit ECB.

State in the broad sense; surely you’re not going to play semantics with me?
No. There was no state involvement at all. It would be like this happened in Mexico and you are thinking somehow California has an interest. Tribal land is literally a foreign country. It has its own laws. And those laws vary by tribe depending on treatys. The road is a state road by easement. The state doesn't own the land the road is on.

No. There was no state involvement at all. It would be like this happened in Mexico and you are thinking somehow California has an interest. Tribal land is literally a foreign country. It has its own laws. And those laws vary by tribe depending on treatys. The road is a state road by easement. The state doesn't own the land the road is on.
Holy shit ECB.

State as in tribal state, therefore state force.

Yeesh.

The public will not even have the names of the tribal officers.
We’ll see, but not ultimately relevant.

Damage control; cardinal rule violated.

Dirty Harry - indigenous version - sells well in certain echo structures.

Not so well in others, or under the larger sky.

Holy shit ECB.

State as in tribal state, therefore state force.

Yeesh.
There is no tribal state. Where are you getting this rather strange information from? There is no Paiute state, or Navajo State, or any other tribal state. These are sovereign lands, fully autonomous. State laws do not apply and there are no constitutional protections.

There is no tribal state. Where are you getting this rather strange information from? There is no Paiute state, or Navajo State, or any other tribal state. These are sovereign lands, fully autonomous. State laws do not apply and there are no constitutional protections.
Holy shit.

Maybe Google the meanings of state?

And also give up trying to be right about something that we both understand quite clearly?

Do you REALLY think I don’t know these things about the (tribal) state in question, and the (tribal) state force that was misused here?

This place is a trip sometimes...

Forum List

Back