Never let a tragedy go to waste.

I fully understand the concept behind the second amendment, but I also know random school massacres weren't much of a problem in the late 1700's.

Excellent point.

It wasn't colonial era gun that murdered 20 children in the minutes before police arrived.

NRA logic is shit.

I don't think you sound like a conservative lunatic. I think everyone should be given the opportunity to own a gun.

I have 2 myself now, and enjoy the hell out of them.

I just think that we need to have some common sense about the whole issue.

Treat it like car ownership.

Blind people can't drive cars, drunk drivers get their licenses revoked.

Therefore insane people should be allowed to have guns, nor should criminals.

Laws that make it Illegal for felons and mental cases are on the books already and have been for a long time. If you look back these perps where never on the radar so going to his house and taking any guns that might have been there is moot.

We show our children violence on a wholesale level, we have taught generations that personnel responsibility isn't really that important we discard millions every year through abortions,and kids pay attention to that,yet we wonder how something like this can happen and blame everyone but ourselves truly amazing and pathetic.
Yes, but one of those people can buy at a gun show.

No they can not. But you keep believing that.

I don't remember ever having gone to a gun show that didn't require a background check.

I need to find out where these gun shows are at that don't require one. It would save me a lot of time.
Oh, you can find them, but you have to look hard at a lot of gun shows....I know, I go to quite a few of them.

Like I said, there are very few private sellers who can afford the booth fees to make selling off their private collections worth the bother and expense...The garbage line about guns shows being a huge wild west open air black market, is only spouted by the most ignorant and bigoted of ignorant bigots.

Ah, so only the rich can sell their guns to any fucking nut that comes down the pike. Awesome.

My gawd you are an idiot.
It's not only the hated rich who have stockpiles of weapons and are avid shooters....I used to live with a guy -straightest arrow you'll ever find- who had a panoply (Google it, ignoramus) of some of the most historic and valuable guns you could find...He could also shoot the wings off a fly at 100 yards with his match-grade appointed M-1 Garand.

My gawd you are a bigoted nincompoop.

Well....if you ever shot one of my children your ass would be well advised to do exactly what that murdering asshole did with your automatic weapon...blow your own ass away.

I have two daughters and a son....the daughters are 22 months apart in age. They were in the same elementary school for about four years. If some crazy asshole had murdered them while they were in their classrooms my wife and I would have been ruined for life.This is real....it's not some video game.

Great Britain doesn't allow military assault weapons and 100 shot clips and they lose about 35-40 citizens each year to gun events. For several years the U S loses 11,000 12,000. Wise up...quit chewing your tobacco and driving your pickup truck with the confederate flag and shotgun mounted on the rear window. Just because your penis is only 3" long doesn't give you the right to carry a gun that more often than not you will never use in any way except on a firing range...or illegally in the woods.

We are a Nation with a Constitution. You don't like a right? You have an option. Create and get past Congress an Amendment. Then get 37 States to agree to it. Failing that you have no right to disarm me or anyone else that is not committing a crime.

I notice you whine about YOUR rights. How about we pass some law that violates one of YOUR rights and the Constitution. Or is that different?

There are parts of the constitution that are long overdue to be canned. The folks who wrote that shit owned slaves and thought they were worth 60% of what a white man was worth. How goddamned stupid is that? Not to mention that the damned thing has been amended 27 times.

Like I keep saying, go ahead and get an amendment past congress and then get 37 states to agree. Until you do the claim you can ban or restrict those legally allowed to own weapons is false. Be honest for once try for an amendment instead of pretending you can just ignore the Constitution.

I think that anyone who can go through a room of kindergartners and execute them one by one is a sick son of a bitch. Were there clues? Could we have done something to keep guns away from this sick fuck?

We need to look at our society and our laws. Confiscating guns is not the answer. But can we do ANYTHING to keep guns out of the hands of sick son of a bitches?

He didn't own any weapons, they were his mothers' I guess you keep missing that part.

We don't need more gun laws. We have enough laws already to stretch to the moon.

it would help if they enforced them.....and i mean ENFORCE them.....someone who uses a gun committing a crime should get a harsher sentence than a guy who gets busted because he had 4-5 ounces of Pot.....

Hooliganism wasn't much of a problem, let alone celebrated, in pop culture of the 1700s, either....Your point being?

Great, another non sequitur.

Did you know C-4 also wasn't a problem in the 1700's?
So what?

My point was that there's also a cultural issue to be considered here...I really, really didn't think you were so dense as to miss that.

Anytime you're ready to let everyone in on it is good for me. :thup:

The MAJORITY of guns sold at gunshows are sold by PRIVATE owners and require NO BACK GROUND check
No, no they are not.

The booth fees at most gun shows pretty much eliminate any privte seller that doesn't have a huge stockpile of weapons for sale.

You really have NFI what you're blabbering about.
I don't remember ever having gone to a gun show that didn't require a background check.

I need to find out where these gun shows are at that don't require one. It would save me a lot of time.

Go to ANY gun show in Ohio or Ky NIETHER state requires a background check when the seller is PRIVATE(not a gunshop owner). .I know my brother sells at EVERY gun show that comes to Ohio or Ky.He is heading to Sharonville Ohio as I type. The show starts tomorrow.OH btw his Booth fee is 150.00 per day and he is a private seller and requires no background check when selling HIS guns. NEXT

Beware because I'm about to sound like a Conservative lunatic...

This country was founded on the right to gun ownership with the belief that the citizenry should be armed not only to protect and use in their everyday lives but also as the last safeguard against a tyrannical government. There is no way that shall ever be infringed upon. What we saw today was the price for that freedom and unfortunately sometimes eggs get broken to make an omelette. Also, I think when everything comes out about this guy, I think it's going to be clear that access to guns for this loon wasn't the biggest factor in the shooting.

And we'll do what we always do when a shooting breaks out. We'll bitch and argue over the shooting and fight with each other about the possibility of new laws until it's no longer interesting or relevant anymore, then we'll move on to the next issue.

how does that make you sound like a Conservative "lunatic?"

No, no they are not.

The booth fees at most gun shows pretty much eliminate any privte seller that doesn't have a huge stockpile of weapons for sale.

Go to ANY gun show in Ohio or Ky NIETHER state requires a background check when the seller is PRIVATE(not a gunshop owner). .I know my brother sells at EVERY gun show that comes to Ohio or Ky.He is heading to Sharonville Ohio as I type. The show starts tomorrow.OH btw his Booth fee is 150.00 per day and he is a private seller and requires no background check when selling HIS guns. NEXT
How many private sellers are going to recoup the $150.00 per day booth fee to sell off their collections?

Idjit.

No, no they are not.

I just re-read that.

Either your brother is a fool, as all those guns could be potentially be tracked back to him had he bought them from a dealer and he's not a straight-up black marketeer, or you are a stone liar.

My money is on the latter...In fact, I'd give odds on it.

I think that anyone who can go through a room of kindergartners and execute them one by one is a sick son of a bitch. Were there clues? Could we have done something to keep guns away from this sick fuck?

We need to look at our society and our laws. Confiscating guns is not the answer. But can we do ANYTHING to keep guns out of the hands of sick son of a bitches?

He didn't own any weapons, they were his mothers' I guess you keep missing that part.

Yes, I know

The facts will come out over the next few days. The fact that her guns and ammunition were used to kill not only herself but the children she loved is tragic

The issue is bigger than this.....we cannot keep shrugging and saying there is nothing we can do so let it keep happening

We need to have a national discussion about gun violence. Not a knee jerk reaction to take away everyones guns, but an honest discussion of what can reasonably and effectively be done

Even the most fervent gun owner must realize that this is not right. What can be done? Can we make guns safer and be used only by their legal owners? Can we single out those that are obviously mental cases and pull their rights to purchase? Can we cut down on your ability to quickly fire 100 rounds?

What can we reasonably do?

Is NOTHING our only answer?
i have to agree with RW.....but then if there is no one around to lead on this....it aint going to happen......... but there has to be some constructive talk....not arguing....

Yes, I know

The facts will come out over the next few days. The fact that her guns and ammunition were used to kill not only herself but the children she loved is tragic

The issue is bigger than this.....we cannot keep shrugging and saying there is nothing we can do so let it keep happening

You want to ban guns, get an amendment past the Congress and approved by majorities in 37 States. Failing that there is nothing you can do to strip Constitutional rights from law abiding citizens just because you want to.

Laws that make it Illegal for felons and mental cases are on the books already and have been for a long time. If you look back these perps where never on the radar so going to his house and taking any guns that might have been there is moot.

We show our children violence on a wholesale level, we have taught generations that personnel responsibility isn't really that important we discard millions every year through abortions,and kids pay attention to that,yet we wonder how something like this can happen and blame everyone but ourselves truly amazing and pathetic.

You just proved you don't know what you're talking about.

Guns show are gaping holes. The venders at those shows don't do proper background checks.

You just proved you don't know what you're talking about.

Guns show are gaping holes. The venders at those shows don't do proper background checks.

All licensed gun dealers MUST AT ALL TIMES follow federal regulations on the sale and transfer of firearms. The only people that might avoid a background check are private citizens. Now how many of them can afford 150 to 200 dollars a booth to sell a couple of their private weapons?

Well....if you ever shot one of my children your ass would be well advised to do exactly what that murdering asshole did with your automatic weapon...blow your own ass away.

I have two daughters and a son....the daughters are 22 months apart in age. They were in the same elementary school for about four years. If some crazy asshole had murdered them while they were in their classrooms my wife and I would have been ruined for life.This is real....it's not some video game.

Great Britain doesn't allow military assault weapons and 100 shot clips and they lose about 35-40 citizens each year to gun events. For several years the U S loses 11,000 12,000. Wise up...quit chewing your tobacco and driving your pickup truck with the confederate flag and shotgun mounted on the rear window. Just because your penis is only 3" long doesn't give you the right to carry a gun that more often than not you will never use in any way except on a firing range...or illegally in the woods.

We are a Nation with a Constitution. You don't like a right? You have an option. Create and get past Congress an Amendment. Then get 37 States to agree to it. Failing that you have no right to disarm me or anyone else that is not committing a crime.

I notice you whine about YOUR rights. How about we pass some law that violates one of YOUR rights and the Constitution. Or is that different?

There are parts of the constitution that are long overdue to be canned. The folks who wrote that shit owned slaves and thought they were worth 60% of what a white man was worth. How goddamned stupid is that? Not to mention that the damned thing has been amended 27 times.

hey well you were there when they signed the thing.....why did you not say something?....

Calls for greater gun control after mass shooting at elementary school | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Morons, more laws won't stop people bent on killing. Unless they plan to seal our borders and our coastline outlawing guns won't stop them from being available to crooks and killers.

By the way? In China a man murdered a bunch of elementary school children with a knife. One does not need a gun. And the ability to construct a huge bomb is pretty available as well.

Just so you know, I will never surrender my weapons.
In another thread you made the claim the countries with stricter gun laws than ours had more mass shootings. I asked you to link it but you ran away and started this thread instead.

How about proving your claim?

Wasn't it in Norway where some nut ran wild and killed even more? And yes, a lot of children? If I'm not mistaken, Norway forbids ALL private guns.

Calls for greater gun control after mass shooting at elementary school | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Morons, more laws won't stop people bent on killing. Unless they plan to seal our borders and our coastline outlawing guns won't stop them from being available to crooks and killers.

By the way? In China a man murdered a bunch of elementary school children with a knife. One does not need a gun. And the ability to construct a huge bomb is pretty available as well.

Just so you know, I will never surrender my weapons.
In another thread you made the claim the countries with stricter gun laws than ours had more mass shootings. I asked you to link it but you ran away and started this thread instead.

How about proving your claim?

Wasn't it in Norway where some nut ran wild and killed even more? And yes, a lot of children? If I'm not mistaken, Norway forbids ALL private guns.

If I'm not mistaken, mass school shootings in Norway aren't nearly as frequent as they are here.

Forum List

Back