Never use Google again.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
I have been boycotting Google for so long now I can hardly remember why. I know it had to do with their extreme left wing stand. I have always used Dogpile instead. It did bother me a bit that Dogpile used Google among other search engines to get results for me at least they didn't get the hit.

Well know there is www.duckduckgo.com

They advertise that unlike Google, they do not give any information about you or your searches to anyone. But I will go with them until I detect a left wing slant. So far it's a straight up search engine.

I've been using Duckduckgo for years, they do no tracking and the search results seem about as good a Google's. I occasionally use Google if I need even more results but it's less and less.

I think Google wants to take over the world, the new Microsoft.

I have been boycotting Google for so long now I can hardly remember why. I know it had to do with their extreme left wing stand. I have always used Dogpile instead. It did bother me a bit that Dogpile used Google among other search engines to get results for me at least they didn't get the hit.

They advertise that unlike Google, they do not give any information about you or your searches to anyone. But I will go with them until I detect a left wing slant. So far it's a straight up search engine.

Uuuummmm, maybe I'll switch from DDG to Google just to piss off some users.......... :eusa_whistle:

Uuuummmm, maybe I'll switch from DDG to Google just to piss off some users.......... :eusa_whistle:

Well you won't piss me off if that's what you are going for.

Install any Google program, and you end up with Google's little .exe files written 7 directories deep in some very obscure location, constantly running in the background from then on. Plus, there will be a whole lot of mysterious stuff put into your registry.

Uninstalling all the Google programs won't delete that stuff. You have to track it down bit by bit and delete it manually. Which is what I did, searching the registry for every instance of "google" (and also "apple", another story). All Google software/spyware is now forbidden on my PC.

Last edited:
Install any Google program, and you end up with Google's little .exe files written 7 directories deep in some very obscure location, constantly running in the background from then on. Plus, there will be a whole lot of mysterious stuff put into your registry.

Uninstalling all the Google programs won't delete that stuff. You have to track it down bit by bit and delete it manually. Which is what I did, searching the registry for every instance of "google" (and also "apple", another story). All Google software/spyware is now forbidden on my PC.

It is because liberal is fascist now.

Jeebus. Glad I use Linux.

If you want to lower your profile even more skip the DNS servers. I saved my homepage & favorites as direct IP addresses, instead of their ICANN dot.com names that are now under UN control.

Well you won't piss me off if that's what you are going for.

Curses! Foiled again!

First, Google+ is a hundred times better than Facebook or Twitter

Second, there are many features that make it well worthwhile for conducting research. However, I do not like their latest version of Google Maps.

I have found Bing to be quite good and an excellent search engine.

I see no reason to stop using either.

Google+ is only "a hundred times better than Facebook or Twitter" because G+ related things turn up in Google searches more than Facebook or Twitter posts.

I've been using Duckduckgo for years, they do no tracking and the search results seem about as good a Google's. I occasionally use Google if I need even more results but it's less and less.

I think Google wants to take over the world, the new Microsoft.

Me too - and I updated my about:config to remove GOOG and replace it with duckduckgo.

GOOGLE IS EVUL.

If you want to lower your profile even more skip the DNS servers. I saved my homepage & favorites as direct IP addresses, instead of their ICANN dot.com names that are now under UN control.

Is that English?

Forum List

Back