🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New Antibiotics discovered.....we are truly blessed by our creator.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Well....with some of the new antibiotic resistant bugs out there, it seems as if our creator has decided to lend us a hand.....thank you.......

When things seem the darkest.....keep trying.....

The stories are out today, I'm not sure if they are the same antibiotic or different ones....

First new antibiotic in 30 years discovered in major breakthrough - Telegraph

Teixobactin has been found to treat many common bacterial infections such as tuberculosis, septicaemia and C. diff, and could be available within five years.

But more importantly it could pave the way for a new generation of antibiotics because of the way it was discovered.

Scientists have always believed that the soil was teeming with new and potent antibiotics because bacteria have developed novel ways to fight off other microbes.

But 99 per cent of microbes will not grow in laboratory conditions leaving researchers frustrated that they could not get to the life-saving natural drugs.

Now a team from Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts, have discovered a way of using an electronic chip to grow the microbes in the soil and then isolate their antibiotic chemical compounds.

They discovered that one compound, Teixobactin, is highly effective against common bacterial infections Clostridium difficile, Mycobacterium tuberculous and Staphylococcus aureus.

Good. At the age of 34, I just found out I'm allergic to Amoxicillin. It was not a pleasant experience.

IF one believes in a "creator", then one must also believe he/she gave us the diseases we are now fighting.

That would be the same "creator" who put that pesky foreskin on men that christians believe so strongly must be chopped off.

Kinda circular, doncha think?

Well....with some of the new antibiotic resistant bugs out there, it seems as if our creator has decided to lend us a hand.....thank you.......

Wouldn't it be easier if our creator just never created the diseases that afflict us in the first place? That would be a much more helpful hand.

Wouldn't it be easier if our creator just never created the diseases that afflict us in the first place? That would be a much more helpful hand.

And did your parents shelter you from every hardship as a child.......?

My parents didn't infect me with anthrax to toughen me up.

My parents didn't infect me with anthrax to toughen me up.
They gave me hoof-n-mouth disease....

I'll address this later....but from the perspective of a being who created everything in existence, who knows when we die, death merely being a transition from one form of existence to another, and looking at our 70-90 years here in the face of eternity.......well....I don't think he infectes us with diseases...they are part of the world and it is our job to learn to overcome them....he gives us our intelligence and the ingredients....and we have to actually do the rest...when we fail, and some of us die....we are just going back to where he is.......

A perfect exampe of giving God credit for the "good" things, but not for the "bad".

Toying...no.....helping grow up as unique beings........do you do absolutely everything for your kids....do you clean their rooms, do you do their homework, do you just pay all their bills....when they screw up do you fix it for them regardless of the reason for the screw up.......or do you try to let them do things for themselves and intervene only when they can't help themselves?

I'll address this later....but from the perspective of a being who created everything in existence, who knows when we die, death merely being a transition from one form of existence to another, and looking at our 70-90 years here in the face of eternity.......well....I don't think he infectes us with diseases...they are part of the world and it is our job to learn to overcome them....he gives us our intelligence and the ingredients....and we have to actually do the rest...when we fail, and some of us die....we are just going back to where he is.......

So, did God discover the potential antibiotic treatment, or did human beings? Who should I thank?

A perfect exampe of giving God credit for the "good" things, but not for the "bad".

No.....the bad is part of the world he created......good and bad.....I think we are here to learn how to deal with both....see what we do in the face of both....to learn and grow........how good a person would you be if everything was taken care of for you......ever see rich kids going thru life......want to be like them?

So, did God discover the potential antibiotic treatment, or did human beings?

Now keep in mind, these are just my observations and thoughts....I don't know, no one can....not even atheists.....but...this is my view....

We are reaching a point where the bugs are getting resistant....we need help dealing with them....he put the answer on the planet and now we have to work to find it and implement it......that is our job.....

Want to know what I think about the Civil War, and World War 2?

Look for the qualifiers. "Could be available in five years" "could lead to", "scientists have always believed". The dirty little secret is that many of the prescription drugs on the market lower the body's resistance to disease and inadvertently increase the danger of contracting "common" diseases like T.B. so it seems that science is chasing it's own tail.

Toying...no.....helping grow up as unique beings........do you do absolutely everything for your kids....do you clean their rooms, do you do their homework, do you just pay all their bills....when they screw up do you fix it for them regardless of the reason for the screw up.......or do you try to let them do things for themselves and intervene only when they can't help themselves?

So, after all the years of research, study, and effort, should these researchers feel proud of their success or lucky that God chose to intervene for them?

IF one believes in a "creator", then one must also believe he/she gave us the diseases we are now fighting.

That would be the same "creator" who put that pesky foreskin on men that christians believe so strongly must be chopped off.

Kinda circular, doncha think?

Yeah....the good and the bad were put here to teach us and so we can learn to deal with both.....just like you just don't give cake and ice cream to your kids and let them watch t.v. all day....they have to go to school, and work for a living, and deal with other kids....

He works on a much deeper level....

Perhaps....

So, after all the years of research, study, and effort, should these researchers feel proud of their success or lucky that God chose to intervene for them?

They should feel proud....they found it through lots of hard work.....why would the two be in conflict, if they had been lazy, and didn't study, or we made bad choices....they wouldn't have been found.......right?

When you help kids with their homework....do you just give them the answer.....do you give them clues when they are stuck....and when they finally figure it out....do they get any credit....?

Teaching responsible behavior is not the same thing as withholding life save drugs. Which btw I don't believe is the case. The superbugs evolved as part of the natural world, and scientist have discovered newer antibiotics to treat them with. Nothing supernatural about it at all.

Forum List

Back