🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New Antibiotics discovered.....we are truly blessed by our creator.....

Toying...no.....helping grow up as unique beings........do you do absolutely everything for your kids....do you clean their rooms, do you do their homework, do you just pay all their bills....when they screw up do you fix it for them regardless of the reason for the screw up.......or do you try to let them do things for themselves and intervene only when they can't help themselves?

Teaching responsible behavior is not the same thing as withholding life save drugs. Which btw I don't believe is the case. The superbugs evolved as part of the natural world, and scientist have discovered newer antibiotics to treat them with. Nothing supernatural about it at all.

You are assuming that living this life is the most important thing......right? What if this is just 70-90 years of training for the next step...and if life is eternal, and death merely a transition to the next phase or just an alternate life.....death isn't as horrible....tragic and sad for us, as we have to undergo pain to make the transition, and leaving people on this side is sad....but when you leave your family to move across the country....planning on seeing them for visits.....kind of the same thing....but on a grander scale.....

Toying...no.....helping grow up as unique beings........do you do absolutely everything for your kids....do you clean their rooms, do you do their homework, do you just pay all their bills....when they screw up do you fix it for them regardless of the reason for the screw up.......or do you try to let them do things for themselves and intervene only when they can't help themselves?

Teaching responsible behavior is not the same thing as withholding life save drugs. Which btw I don't believe is the case. The superbugs evolved as part of the natural world, and scientist have discovered newer antibiotics to treat them with. Nothing supernatural about it at all.

Why would you say withholding life saving drugs.....? They are apparently right there once we learn how to process them.....

Why would you say withholding life saving drugs.....? They are apparently right there once we learn how to process them.....

How many people have died from the superbugs?

You are assuming that living this life is the most important thing......right? What if this is just 70-90 years of training for the next step...and if life is eternal, and death merely a transition to the next phase or just an alternate life.....death isn't as horrible....tragic and sad for us, as we have to undergo pain to make the transition, and leaving people on this side is sad....but when you leave your family to move across the country....planning on seeing them for visits.....kind of the same thing....but on a grander scale.....

Yes,this life is the most important thing for researching life saving drugs.

Well....with some of the new antibiotic resistant bugs out there, it seems as if our creator has decided to lend us a hand.....thank you.......

Wouldn't it be easier if our creator just never created the diseases that afflict us in the first place? That would be a much more helpful hand.

And did your parents shelter you from every hardship as a child.......?

Your parents were gods?

Look for the qualifiers. "Could be available in five years" "could lead to", "scientists have always believed". The dirty little secret is that many of the prescription drugs on the market lower the body's resistance to disease and inadvertently increase the danger of contracting "common" diseases like T.B. so it seems that science is chasing it's own tail.

The real tip off is this:

Testing on mice has already shown that the antibiotic works well at clearing infections, without side-effects. The team is now concentrating on upscaling production so that it could be tested in humans.

IOW, we need another grant. Its still a publish or perish world.

Bottom line is that we have overused antibiotics to the point they are no longer effective.

Last edited:
Well....with some of the new antibiotic resistant bugs out there, it seems as if our creator has decided to lend us a hand.....thank you.......

Wouldn't it be easier if our creator just never created the diseases that afflict us in the first place? That would be a much more helpful hand.

Your parents were gods?

No, but we seem to have been made in his image...and as he created all of us, they created and raised us in particular...and even though the scope of raising us is vastly different, it does seem to lend itself to explaining why things may happen.

Look for the qualifiers. "Could be available in five years" "could lead to", "scientists have always believed". The dirty little secret is that many of the prescription drugs on the market lower the body's resistance to disease and inadvertently increase the danger of contracting "common" diseases like T.B. so it seems that science is chasing it's own tail.

The real tip off is this:

Testing on mice has already shown that the antibiotic works well at clearing infections, without side-effects. The team is now concentrating on upscaling production so that it could be tested in humans.

IOW, we need another grant. Its still a publish or perish world.

Bottom line is that we have overused antibiotics to the point they are no longer effective.

I hope they take it to human trials quickly. ;)

So, after all the years of research, study, and effort, should these researchers feel proud of their success or lucky that God chose to intervene for them?

They should feel proud....they found it through lots of hard work.....why would the two be in conflict, if they had been lazy, and didn't study, or we made bad choices....they wouldn't have been found.......right?

So the researchers did it then, not God?

So, after all the years of research, study, and effort, should these researchers feel proud of their success or lucky that God chose to intervene for them?

When you help kids with their homework....do you just give them the answer.....do you give them clues when they are stuck....and when they finally figure it out....do they get any credit....?

So the researchers' work in their fields of study didn't unearth the clues, instead God gave them hints. So God led them, sort of, in the direction He already knew they would go?

My parents didn't infect me with anthrax to toughen me up.
They gave me hoof-n-mouth disease....
<><><><><><><><><>
i do not doubt that one little bit.., you seem to always have your "hoof" in your mouth. :up: ... :lmao:

When you help kids with their homework....do you just give them the answer.....do you give them clues when they are stuck....and when they finally figure it out....do they get any credit....?

So the researchers' work in their fields of study didn't unearth the clues, instead God gave them hints. So God led them, sort of, in the direction He already knew they would go?
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
and you call yourself a "mountain man" ? whit this dialog you are stuck on.., or in.

your postings seem to me a bit on the atheistic side, are you an anti-GOD person ?

i have a few more Q's for you later, just answer these first..., OK ?

..................to be continued..............

and you call yourself a "mountain man" ? whit this dialog you are stuck on.., or in.

your postings seem to me a bit on the atheistic side, are you an anti-GOD person ?

I call myself a mountain man because I lived in them (I'm in Denver currently -its where there are better jobs and opportunities), climb them, ski them, and have hiked in them since I can remember. I drink whiskey, have a big beard, a 4th award rifle expert from the USMC, swear and laugh loudly, worked for the USFS, and as a climbing guide, a ski lift operator, play drums in rock'n'roll bands, and have nearly died living life as a wild man.

I'm an atheist (you'd probably label me as agnostic), but not anti-God. I am, however, anti-irrational thinking. There may be a creator, but human beings deserve the credit for their accomplishments and we are in charge of our own destinies. I make my choices, I make the effort, and I make my own luck. If not, and an all powerful being guides me in everything I do, then what's the point?

My parents didn't infect me with anthrax to toughen me up.
They gave me hoof-n-mouth disease....
Mine gave me a bar of soap when I swore, seemed to work though.

I call myself a mountain man because I lived in them (I'm in Denver currently -its where there are better jobs and opportunities), climb them, ski them, and have hiked in them since I can remember. I drink whiskey, have a big beard, a 4th award rifle expert from the USMC, swear and laugh loudly, worked for the USFS, and as a climbing guide, a ski lift operator, play drums in rock'n'roll bands, and have nearly died living life as a wild man.

I'm an atheist (you'd probably label me as agnostic), but not anti-God. I am, however, anti-irrational thinking. There may be a creator, but human beings deserve the credit for their accomplishments and we are in charge of our own destinies. I make my choices, I make the effort, and I make my own luck. If not, and an all powerful being guides me in everything I do, then what's the point?

You think....but don't know this to be true...right?

I never said he guides us in everything we do....if he did we wouldn't have had Germans making death camps now would we......What have I said disputes anything that you have said? Just curious.....

You think....but don't know this to be true...right?

True in what way? That I don't know whether or not there is a God? That's true. And neither does anyone else. And belief should not be substituted for knowledge.

I do know that if there is a God who controls my destiny, who already has a plan for me, that means my freewill is an illusion. It means I'm simply a sentient doll for the Almighty to play with. I don't think a creator would want that for His/Her creation, and it's why I think many people haven't truly given much critical thought to their beliefs. God either has a plan and you're in it whether you like it or not, freewill be damned; or God doesn't have a plan. Which is it?

When things seem the darkest.....keep trying.....

The stories are out today, I'm not sure if they are the same antibiotic or different ones....

First new antibiotic in 30 years discovered in major breakthrough - Telegraph

Teixobactin has been found to treat many common bacterial infections such as tuberculosis, septicaemia and C. diff, and could be available within five years.

But more importantly it could pave the way for a new generation of antibiotics because of the way it was discovered.

Scientists have always believed that the soil was teeming with new and potent antibiotics because bacteria have developed novel ways to fight off other microbes.

But 99 per cent of microbes will not grow in laboratory conditions leaving researchers frustrated that they could not get to the life-saving natural drugs.

Now a team from Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts, have discovered a way of using an electronic chip to grow the microbes in the soil and then isolate their antibiotic chemical compounds.

They discovered that one compound, Teixobactin, is highly effective against common bacterial infections Clostridium difficile, Mycobacterium tuberculous and Staphylococcus aureus.

So, the scientists who made the discovery had nothing to do with it? Really?

I never said he guides us in everything we do....if he did we wouldn't have had Germans making death camps now would we......What have I said disputes anything that you have said? Just curious.....

It find it irksome that religious folks give the glory to God.

For example: A man goes to the doctor for a sore throat. The doctor, while examining him notices the man has a small spot on his neck. The doctor does a biopsy and the spot turns out to be melanoma in it's early stages. The man has a quick surgery and the skin cancer never has a chance to kill him. The man goes home and prays to God, thanking Him for the sore throat that prompted the man to go to the doctor in the first place.

But the man doesn't thank God for giving him cancer?

So the good thing that happened is a miracle, an intervention by a loving father figure, a blessing, and God should get credit. But the bad thing that happened, well, God didn't do that - man did, when he fell from Grace and death entered the world. Well God opened the door for death and cursed Adam and Eve. God is ultimately responsible for the Universe, all of it, good and bad, Heaven and Hell, grace and sin, salvation and damnation.

Forum List

Back