New emotional support animal policy to tighten up regs

The whole idea of "therapy animals" is goofy. Ok, if you're blind or disabled and need a guide dog, well fine.

But dragging a dog around with you everywhere you go, just because you got your feelings hurt? Man up and suck it in, snowflakes.

We must disagree we often do not disagree, but an animal can be of immense emotional comfort to various people, not only the sick but also people who are lonely and have no relatives near or have no relatives at all, literally in these cases an animal can keep them alive, give them something to keep on living for because they have something to care for who needs them and in return that animal gives them what they need comfort, companionship and unconditional love.

They have also proven invaluable to veterans suffering from PTSD.

Yes they have and also I add homeless people which is why many times people see the homeless and they have a dog as their only companion, although that's for a different thread, I do not want to derail Tommy's thread by me having a massive rant about how disgusting I think it is that in 2018 Western nations STILL have too many people living on the streets. WTF?! I'm sure any moment now JGalt could be calling me COMMUNIST or whatever :omg:

Hey JGalt :poke:

Commie. There. :dev3:

:abgg2q.jpg:

A therapy dog is not the same as an emotional support animal. I don't think ES animals require training other than to calm the owner somehow.

I approve of Therapy Dogs and so does Mr. Lucy he's a Psychiatrist and has often also recommended Therapy Dogs to various of his patients, but you know has anyone ever heard of a Therapy Peacock? Thought not.

It was an emotional support peacock, not a therapy peacock. Thus, it requires no training or taming. It just needs to be a comfort to its owner by its mere presence. That's what needs tightening up IMO.

Actually...even emotional support animals should have a level of basic training to be out in public - something like the CGC for example.

They should, but they don't. Luckily, ES animals are not required to be accommodated. I did see a diner get slammed on social media for not allowing an ES dog inside, though. Most people don't realize that doesn't mean they are trained.
----------------------------------------------------------------------- silliness , a person cries to their Doctor , Doctor gives a note , prescription and then the property owners private property RIGHTS are subserviant to the Doctors note .

I approve of Therapy Dogs and so does Mr. Lucy he's a Psychiatrist and has often also recommended Therapy Dogs to various of his patients, but you know has anyone ever heard of a Therapy Peacock? Thought not.

It was an emotional support peacock, not a therapy peacock. Thus, it requires no training or taming. It just needs to be a comfort to its owner by its mere presence. That's what needs tightening up IMO.

Actually...even emotional support animals should have a level of basic training to be out in public - something like the CGC for example.

But you would agree that it's ridiculous and a potential danger to be having things like peacocks on commercial airplanes, yes?

He'll yeah. I just meant now we can't have a lapdog in a carrying case because some jerk wants his emotional support horse to ride in the cabin.

I'm waiting for the emotional support elephant...

I'm not cleaning the yard.

A therapy dog is not the same as an emotional support animal. I don't think ES animals require training other than to calm the owner somehow.

What is the CGC?

About Canine Good Citizen

But you would agree that it's ridiculous and a potential danger to be having things like peacocks on commercial airplanes, yes?

He'll yeah. I just meant now we can't have a lapdog in a carrying case because some jerk wants his emotional support horse to ride in the cabin.

^^^^ Get the African Elephant as your Emotional Support, it'll freak people out more because they are a lot bigger than the Indian Elephants :smoke:

I believe it made him cherish his family even more.
Unfortunately, people are not tough like they once were. My father, during wwii had it tough, but he managed. There was an innate pain that he lived with, though. He covered it well, but I could read it in his eyes. Toward the end of his life he once finally spoke to me of the horrors he saw.
I feel it can be of benefit for those that faced actual battle.
The whole idea of "therapy animals" is goofy. Ok, if you're blind or disabled and need a guide dog, well fine.

But dragging a dog around with you everywhere you go, just because you got your feelings hurt? Man up and suck it in, snowflakes.

I guess people are more fragile than they were in the old days. I have an Uncle who was stationed on some Pacific island during WW2. He saw some pretty horrible things, including a Japanese bonzai attack. I also have two brothers in law who served in Vietnam. One was almost over-ran and the other came home with some shrapnel from a grenade.

All of them seem to be well-adjusted and you wouldn't know what they went through.

....if you could have found a way to help him through it...you would have though.... Tough is fine...but overrated when there are other options? :dunno: I do think animals - for those receptive to them - can help a lot of people.

What is the CGC?

What was that film where there was a Boa Constrictor on the loose at 30,000 feet on a commercial airplane? I forget. See this is why EVERYONE should be allowed to take their Glock 17 and/or 19 on commercial airplanes, what would happen if a Boa Constrictor was loose on your plane, if you had your Glock 17 and/or 19 with you then you could just blow the fuckers head off and the problem then would be solved :smile:

I KNOW Mr. Hoss is going to agree with me on this....Mr. Hoss :popcorn:

Hossfly

Emotional support animals are a scam

Might as well give him a teddy bear

What is the CGC?

What was that film where there was a Boa Constrictor on the loose at 30,000 feet on a commercial airplane? I forget. See this is why EVERYONE should be allowed to take their Glock 17 and/or 19 on commercial airplanes, what would happen if a Boa Constrictor was loose on your plane, if you had your Glock 17 and/or 19 with you then you could just blow the fuckers head off and the problem then would be solved :smile:

I KNOW Mr. Hoss is going to agree with me on this....Mr. Hoss :popcorn:

Hossfly

In the movies, shooting on a plane is very bad. It might be true ... decompression. Alas, it was a long day and I am too lazy to alt tab to verify my random thought. I'd have another glass of wine if I didn't have to get up for it.

Emotional support animals are a scam

Might as well give him a teddy bear

I have a Teddy Bear, this I was given to me at aged 4 years in age and I still have him and love him his name is Franz Xaver, he had no name until I was aged 8 years in age and then I name him Franz Xaver after my second favourite Mozart, Franz Xaver Wolfgang Mozart the last born of W. A. Mozart and his wife Constanze. Himself an excellent composer, pianist, conducter and also teacher, his composed works are small in number, his Opus Numbers only reach 30, that being "Festchor" Op. 30 completed in 1840 he died in 1844.

But yes I still have my Teddy Bear and I still love him and I do not care what anyone thinks, all my kidlets also love Franz Xaver and Kid A and Kid B have their own Teddy Bears also.

We must disagree we often do not disagree, but an animal can be of immense emotional comfort to various people, not only the sick but also people who are lonely and have no relatives near or have no relatives at all, literally in these cases an animal can keep them alive, give them something to keep on living for because they have something to care for who needs them and in return that animal gives them what they need comfort, companionship and unconditional love.

They have also proven invaluable to veterans suffering from PTSD.

Yes they have and also I add homeless people which is why many times people see the homeless and they have a dog as their only companion, although that's for a different thread, I do not want to derail Tommy's thread by me having a massive rant about how disgusting I think it is that in 2018 Western nations STILL have too many people living on the streets. WTF?! I'm sure any moment now JGalt could be calling me COMMUNIST or whatever :omg:

Hey JGalt :poke:

Commie. There. :dev3:

^^^^ My response :whipg:

I say if they want this kind of animal on the flight with them badly enough, make them pay for the animal's air fare as well as if they were another person. Why should the animal get to ride for free when the other passengers can't?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Sad thing is, most anyone can get an animal designated as an emotional support animal

It's called a pet.

Seeing eye dogs, hearing ear dogs, the local cops' K-9 team, the feds' drug-sniffing dogs, the volunteer firefighters' search-and-rescue animals, and all sorts of other miracles.

Good morning. Time for your flea medicine. Animals don't usually mind being pampered and fed but they hate being emotionally manipulated and they will bite.

Sad thing is, most anyone can get an animal designated as an emotional support animal

It's called a pet.

Seeing eye dogs, hearing ear dogs, the local cops' K-9 team, the feds' drug-sniffing dogs, the volunteer firefighters' search-and-rescue animals, and all sorts of other miracles.

Good morning. Time for your flea medicine. Animals don't usually mind being pampered and fed but they hate being emotionally manipulated and they will bite.

"Animals don't usually mind being pampered and fed but they hate being emotionally manipulated and they will bite."

Not if the pet is a chicken they cannot bite as they have no teeth :smoke:

Um well accept for this below one and you would not want this one as a pet :eek-52:

file.php

'Emotional support' animals should be fed to starving Dobermans kept at the boarding pass kiosks, followed by their owners.

I'd kick all you annoying bastard humans off the plane (except the ones kind to animals)......
(But I'd wait till we were a few thousand feet to kick Picaro off the plane for his comment above.)

Then I'd go up to first class and chat with the less annoying, more respectful animals.

People suck......animals rule...(or they should)

Last edited:

^^^^ Get the African Elephant as your Emotional Support, it'll freak people out more because they are a lot bigger than the Indian Elephants :smoke:

Just to bring you back to another thread, and you know here and what I am talking about:

African elephants = opera.
Indian elephants = operetta.

Forum List

Back