New England Mayors: No more African refugees in our cities

Jun 19, 2014
Vinland
Wow, things are so bad a democrat Mayor is speaking out. This just proves that no reasonable person wants their community to become a dumping ground, a basket case for the dysfunctional third world

The mayor of Springfield, Massachusetts has asked the federal government for a moratorium on sending refugees to the city, claiming that newly arrived families create a strain on city resources and the school system and do not receive sufficient aid from resettlement agencies.

Domenic Sarno, a Democrat, made his request in a letter sent Thursday to Rep. Richard E. Neal, D-Mass. Copies were also sent to Senators Elizabeth Warren and Ed Markey, as well as Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick.

"I'm not cold-hearted at all,” Sarno told The Republican newspaper Friday. "I want to help. All I am asking for is accountability from the agencies. You just can’t continue concentrating poverty on top of poverty."

New England mayors call for refugee resettlement freeze | Fox News

Springfield was a bleakly impoverished and crime-ridden town to start with. The problem isn't what 'color' the refugees resettled there are, it's that the government grants by which resettlement agencies operate don't account for anything beyond getting these folks set up in housing somewhere and then - see ya. Drop a bunch of extremely poor people with insufficient cultural understanding and marketable skills into an area already riddled with crime and destitution and what do you think is going to happen? Might as well advertise a membership drive for gangs in the city. Short-sighted, poor long-term planning.

Forum List

Back