New Orleans City Council Gives Confederate Monuments The Boot

The confederacy is celebrated in Finland! You got a long way to go before you wipe it out of America. Biker gangs in Germany fly the Stars and Bars. It's a worldwide spirit of rebellion!
I could give a fuck what Finland or Germany does. I dont live there. Matter of fact the caves of europe is where the confederate stuff belongs.

New Orleans is their Confederate past. And their French past, and their Spanish past, and their American past.

Attempting to erase that won't change it.
They're not erasing it. They just decided to be intelligent and not celebrate it.
Correct.

Slavery, racism, hate, and the terrible cost of the Civil War will be remembered and taught, but it shouldn't be celebrated.

56731b8a190000d30078a36c.jpeg

"We think that symbols matter here, and we want the symbols in the city to reflect really who New Orleans is."

Many cities would erect a statue in honor of their 300th anniversary. New Orleans, set to celebrate its 300th birthday in 2018, will be tearing several down.

The City Council voted 6-1 Thursday in favor of removing four Confederate monuments, a proposal that has generated much controversy since Mayor Mitch Landrieu called for their relocation this summer, following a fatal shooting at a historic black church in South Carolina.

The statues include a large monument to Confederate General Robert E. Lee located near the city center, one of Jefferson Davis (the first -- and only -- president of the Confederate States of America), and one of Gen. P.G.T. Beauregard. A fourth, which acknowledges the Battle of Liberty Place, will also be moved.

More: New Orleans City Council Gives Confederate Monuments The Boot

It's good to see racist symbols of the old south being removed. Gone with the wind...

Hip hip hooray.

Is there anything black activists can do besides think of how many ways they have been offended? We get it. Maybe they can try working on gang violence and babies out of wedlock and absentee fathers and drop out rates and poor performance in schools and their unemployment rate?

No. Because their leaders are way too busy thinking how they have been offended. Playing the victim is so much easier.

"We think that symbols matter here, and we want the symbols in the city to reflect really who New Orleans is."

Many cities would erect a statue in honor of their 300th anniversary. New Orleans, set to celebrate its 300th birthday in 2018, will be tearing several down.

The City Council voted 6-1 Thursday in favor of removing four Confederate monuments, a proposal that has generated much controversy since Mayor Mitch Landrieu called for their relocation this summer, following a fatal shooting at a historic black church in South Carolina.

The statues include a large monument to Confederate General Robert E. Lee located near the city center, one of Jefferson Davis (the first -- and only -- president of the Confederate States of America), and one of Gen. P.G.T. Beauregard. A fourth, which acknowledges the Battle of Liberty Place, will also be moved.

It's good to see racist symbols of the old south being removed. Gone with the wind...

Hip hip hooray.

Is there anything black activists can do besides think of how many ways they have been offended? We get it. Maybe they can try working on gang violence and babies out of wedlock and absentee fathers and drop out rates and poor performance in schools and their unemployment rate?

No. Because their leaders are way too busy thinking how they have been offended. Playing the victim is so much easier.
You have to start with environment. You cant very well have some cave chimp riding a horse like a character from the Planet of the Apes and expect that to promote a good environment.

More left loon political correct BS
They really think this is going to bring about some sort of change!
It is bringing a change. The confederate cave chimp will have his memorial torn down. Didnt you read the OP?
Yeah, it's making the Klan bigger.

So? No one is worried about the clowns that wear pillowcases over their heads. Most are pussies anyway. Black people have guns to deal with the ones that want to get froggy.

Hip hip hooray.

You have to start with environment. You cant very well have some cave chimp riding a horse like a character from the Planet of the Apes and expect that to promote a good environment.
Well as it were I never bothered reading the article since I have a pretty good idea what it is about and you all have done a very thorough and magnificent job covering every inch of victimhood and what you can squeeze out of it. I do not see how I can add to that.

It will be really interesting to see how many of those city council members are reelected.

Hip hip hooray.

Well as it were I never bothered reading the article since I have a pretty good idea what it is about and you all have done a very thorough and magnificent job covering every inch of victimhood and what you can squeeze out of it. I do not see how I can add to that.

Well you can whine some more about how terrible it is and how it doesnt really mean anything. Of course it will just make me laugh but at least you'll be adding something right?

It is bringing a change. The confederate cave chimp will have his memorial torn down. Didnt you read the OP?

So? No one is worried about the clowns that wear pillowcases over their heads. Most are pussies anyway. Black people have guns to deal with the ones that want to get froggy.
Black people STILL shake in their flip flops at just the thought of a noose! The pillow lips pass out at the sight of a pillowcase.

Black people STILL shake in their flip flops at just the thought of a noose! The pillow lips pass out at the sight of a pillowcase.

That's why those fearless people need "safe spaces" freaking pussies

They need to pay a price with no safe places.

I'm Black and the only shaking I would do is to get the shit off my foot after I put a foot in the ass of any cave chimp kkk members dumb enough to show up with a noose. So far no takers.

I'm Black and the only shaking I would do is to get the shit off my foot after I put a foot in the ass of any cave chimp kkk members dumb enough to show up with a noose. So far no takers.
Of course no takers. You're hiding under the bed scared shitless to show your pillow lips!

They need to pay a price with no safe places.
Any time the cave chimps feel froggy I have something for them.

Forum List

Back