Zone1 New poll shows Americans' confidence and belief in the Bible is at all-time low

Is it?
I would say society is paying a price right now because we've failed to address poverty, racism, addiction, gun proliferation and a bunch of real problems the bible really doesn't give us any guidance for. (BUt if it did, it would be more liberal than conservative... Jesus was a liberal.)
So the Reverend Martin Luther King was a deluded man who made no progress in society?

In my view, it's trending better.
You look at the world today and see good surpassing evil? Or is it that you do not believe in those concepts as real in our world today? I'm 62 and frankly, I'm relieved that I won't have to see what comes in more than another decade. It will be horrific, and with the exception of the children, all who experience those horrors will have brought it on themselves.

How is it a bad thing?
Delusion isn't good for sane society.
If we're wrong, at least we tried to live a moral life.
No, you led a life as instructed by the leaders of your religion. You evaded the question of morality, replacing it with obedience.
If we're right, we get to go to heaven.
Yay!
There is no bad in it, unless someone uses it for bad (which goes against the bibles teachings anyway).
It may go against the bible but it's par for the course. Once you convince people to buy into delusion, they're easy marks.

Libs say they want to end school shootings. Maybe encouraging belief in Almighty God might help?
That is where Thoughts and Prayers come in

We don’t need fewer guns, just people praying harder

Forum List

Back