🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New Strategy From Rittenhouse Defense Team; He Was Just Hunting

Showing he was shooting Rosenbaum while himself committing a crime is a key component to the prosecution.

Yes, "the "crime" of possessing a gun as a "child", in the context of a trial where he is being tried as an adult and facing adult time.

The only hope you libs have, is to gin up some "reason" for the jury to ignore the obvious and clear fact that this is a clear case of self defense.

After all, you can SEE the violent mob chasing and attacking Kyle, even as he runs away again and again.

The Left wants to focus on the gun and any possible violations of the law, in Rittenhouse possessing the gun,

because any reasonable person viewing the video of the mob ATTACKING Rittenhouse, can clearly see that this is a PAINFULLY OBVIOUS case of self defense.

The problem is one of the purpose for being where he was. Someone looking for trouble, and then finding it, can't exert that he was unaware of the peril he was putting himself in.

WTF?

So if I go to rob a house with some buddies ... I'm legally allowed to enter a strangers house as long as one of my buddies is holding a door open for me??
I'm saying that if a resident of the community opened the gate to admit the crowd, then the crowd can legally travel along the private streets of that community.

They have no right to enter upon private property, but the McCloskys pointed their weapons at people in the street.

The problem is one of the purpose for being where he was. Someone looking for trouble, and then finding it, can't exert that he was unaware of the peril he was putting himself in.

A conviction of guilt requires a case be made beyond a reasonable doubt.

When your case starts being based on what a man was THINKING, at a certain time, how can you eliminate the reasonable doubt that maybe he was thinking something else?

Seems to me, that is he is found guilty based on such an argument, that that will indicate that the Jury found him guilty, DESPITE A REASONABLE DOUBT.

Which would make it an injustice.

AND, if this happens because of political pressure and/or motivation, than for the rest of his life, Rittenhouse will be a political prisoner, in jail, not because of what he did, but because of his politics.

Yes, "the "crime" of possessing a gun as a "child", in the context of a trial where he is being tried as an adult and facing adult time.

The only hope you libs have, is to gin up some "reason" for the jury to ignore the obvious and clear fact that this is a clear case of self defense.

After all, you can SEE the violent mob chasing and attacking Kyle, even as he runs away again and again.
Two things. One, a person committing a crime cannot claim self-defense. Another is a person engaging in self-defense cannot use excessive force and shooting someone in the back as they lay face down on the ground is excessive. So either way, I say the teen-killer fries.

God Almighty, is the angry left going to bore us to death with this guy's defense strategy? Let it go until the jury reaches a verdict.

Two things. One, a person committing a crime cannot claim self-defense. Another is a person engaging in self-defense cannot use excessive force and shooting someone in the back as they lay face down on the ground is excessive. So either way, I say the teen-killer fries.

1. As I said, you need to find an excuse to ignore the fact that the the mob attacked Rittenhouse and he defended himself. And pointing AWAY from the fact of self defense, to the legal technicalities of gun possession is how you want to do it.

2. People can move and twist quickly, even faster than a shooter can react to. That a round might have hit Rosenbaum in the back, does not change the fact that he chased and attacked Rittenhouse.

Here is the loophole the defense team is using....

As long as you are under 18, but over the age of 15.....that 16 to 17 yr old loophole.....and the gun you are carrying has a barrel size of less than 16 inches....you are good.....

I like how when the topic is a passage of the law that HELPS the libs, they are like, YES, the letter of the Law Must be followed, regardless of what our lying eyes tell us.

But, if the passage of the law does NOT help them, suddenly it is just a "loophole".

That's simply untrue. Convicted felons have defended themselves with guns. The fact they have a gun would be a crime, yet many have walked for self defense.

Similarly the possession of a prohibited weapon could convince the jury that it wasn't self defense, but a premeditated act.

Which would be an improper jury argument and certainly jury misconduct.

Juries can draw any inference they want. That's why there is a jury. A group of people that use their communal knowledge and judgement.

This is no different from when defendants argued what a rape victim was wearing, meant she was asking for it.

And several states explicitly allow such evidence to be introduced.

No one was shot in the back. Thankfully there is video of just about the whole thing and a witness.
You are showing the damage to the gate, AFTER they left. Note the gate is bent OUTWARD, not inward.

As I posted, they have video of the gate at the time of the incident showing the left side of the gate being held open, and the right side intact.
Your are explaining how people broke out. We're they prevented from leaving? No. The gate was broken by violent trespassers pulling the gate forward.

Here is the loophole the defense team is using....

As long as you are under 18, but over the age of 15.....that 16 to 17 yr old loophole.....and the gun you are carrying has a barrel size of less than 16 inches....you are good.....

That was already dismissed.

God Almighty, is the angry left going to bore us to death with this guy's defense strategy? Let it go until the jury reaches a verdict.
I have a better idea... if this bothers you, avoid threads on this topic.

Forum List

Back