New Witness...TRAYVON was beating Zimmerman up!

Zimmerman reported what he saw followed the person until the dispatcher advised him not too. Sanford has one of the highest crime rates in America I would want to know where a stranger was going if I lived there and he was in the area I lived in.

Reports said there had been a "rash" of burglaries in the complex. 8 (or 9) burglaries in a little more than a year is one of the highest rates in America?

When he made that call, he was at the clubhouse area. He also told the dispatcher he'd meet the officers near the mailboxes, which is at the entrance to the complex, near the clubhouse as well. Sure, he said "ok" when the dispatcher told him not to follow, but he didn't heed that advice as the incident didn't happen there, but about 2/10 of a mile away, off street, in the middle of a grassy courtyard bisecting two long rows of apartment buildings.
Hardly
BURGLARY 871
THEFT 2,286
MOTOR VEHICLE THEFT 210
Sanford crime rates and statistics - NeighborhoodScout

In that complex?

I'd be crying, too. Not just because of a natural reaction to the adrenaline rush, but also because I'd be scared shitless that I'd get the death penalty.

No lynch mobs had formed, Rati.

The worst LEGAL penalty would be manslaughter. I don't think Zimmerman knew of the special circumstance of "being white while in America," that you demand death for.
I don't demand death. In fact I am against the death penalty. I merely want the incident to be properly investigated.

Negged.

I'd be crying, too. Not just because of a natural reaction to the adrenaline rush, but also because I'd be scared shitless that I'd get the death penalty.

The worst LEGAL penalty would be manslaughter. I don't think Zimmerman knew of the special circumstance of "being white while in America," that you demand death for.
I don't demand death. In fact I am against the death penalty. I merely want the incident to be properly investigated.

Negged.

How do you know it wasn't?

Negged.

I think the lack of action until there was a public outcry is evidence enough that it hadn't been properly investigated.

Reports said there had been a "rash" of burglaries in the complex. 8 (or 9) burglaries in a little more than a year is one of the highest rates in America?

When he made that call, he was at the clubhouse area. He also told the dispatcher he'd meet the officers near the mailboxes, which is at the entrance to the complex, near the clubhouse as well. Sure, he said "ok" when the dispatcher told him not to follow, but he didn't heed that advice as the incident didn't happen there, but about 2/10 of a mile away, off street, in the middle of a grassy courtyard bisecting two long rows of apartment buildings.
Hardly
BURGLARY 871
THEFT 2,286
MOTOR VEHICLE THEFT 210
Sanford crime rates and statistics - NeighborhoodScout

In that complex?

So one crime in one part of the city could go to the other part of the city?

Or more importantly, in the process of being investigated.

Which it is.
It is now.

But, that doesn't mean it wasn't investigated as much as the law allows before. Folks are assuming it never went to the states attorney. I don't know that and they don't either. They are assuming that it didn't because the states attorney for that area recused himself. He could just as easily recused himself because he already looked it over and thought he has a snowball's chance and decided not to go to grand jury.

Either is possible.

Someone had asked about burglaries in that complex, since reports were that there had been a "rash" of them prior to Zimmerman calling police about Martin.

I don't think 8 or 9 in 13 months constitutes a "rash".
From the satellite view of the neighborhood, it doesn't look all that big - maybe 200 homes?

That seems like a lot of burglaries to me. And, maybe there was other crime, too?

Dunno.

It's all relative, though.

I hope we can all agree that this is a good thing.
(CBS News) - The investigation into the killing of Trayvon Martin is essentially starting from scratch, with the new special prosecutor and a team of investigators quietly re-interviewing witnesses and examining evidence related to the unarmed teen's shooting death.

The 17-year-old Martin has been dead for a month, and George Zimmerman, his admitted killer, remains free after telling authorities he was forced to shoot Martin in self-defense.

The Sanford Police Department's lead investigator initially pursued manslaughter charges against Zimmerman, but was told by the state attorney that there wasn't enough evidence.

Trayvon Martin killing investigation starts over - CBS News

Someone had asked about burglaries in that complex, since reports were that there had been a "rash" of them prior to Zimmerman calling police about Martin.

Are you kidding?

In the neighborhood I live in, a car was broken into in 2004.

9 burglaries in a year is absolutely a "rash of crime."

From the satellite view of the neighborhood, it doesn't look all that big - maybe 200 homes?

That seems like a lot of burglaries to me. And, maybe there was other crime, too?

Dunno.

It's all relative, though.

My sister in-law lives in one of those small gated communities in Florida. There was a rash of thefts & one of them was her home. When the thief was finally caught he turned out to be a teenager that lived just down the street in that gated community.

A rash just means more than usual of any one thing.

A rash of burglaries means a time period in which more burglaries than usual takes place. More than 2..I don't think 2 would be considered a rash. But if the community usually has zero, three burglaries in a 6 month period could be considered a rash.

If it will shut idiots like you up, it's a good thing. But will you apologize when proven wrong and full-o-shit?

if your past is any measure.. :eusa_shhh:

I hope we can all agree that this is a good thing.
(CBS News) - The investigation into the killing of Trayvon Martin is essentially starting from scratch, with the new special prosecutor and a team of investigators quietly re-interviewing witnesses and examining evidence related to the unarmed teen's shooting death.

The 17-year-old Martin has been dead for a month, and George Zimmerman, his admitted killer, remains free after telling authorities he was forced to shoot Martin in self-defense.

The Sanford Police Department's lead investigator initially pursued manslaughter charges against Zimmerman, but was told by the state attorney that there wasn't enough evidence.

Trayvon Martin killing investigation starts over - CBS News

Negged.

is Ravi changing her tune? :eusa_angel:

This case is very disturbing...

They have put a bounty out on that poor man, and not a word from DOJ or Obama...

Spike Lee posts the wrong address for Zimmerman, and not a word from DOJ or Obama...

Al Sharpton stirring up racist hatred, and not a word from DOJ or Obama...

I am shocked at where we are going as a nation.

WHERE ARE YOU OBAMA...????? WHERE ARE YOU ERIC HOLDER?????

YOU FUCKING BASTATRDS!!!!!​

If i was Trayvon and i was being confronted and followed by thug Zimmerman, i would have reacted the same way. He was chased down. He had to turn and "stand his ground". But, for Zimmerman, this situation would have never happened. Trayvon was not engaged in committing a crime. Zimmerman was a Nutjob itching to shoot his loaded gun. If your neighborhood is that freakin' dangerous, why not move instead of spending your days walking around with a loaded gun. Zimmerman had NO RIGHT to question Trayvon. Who the hell is he? If he came over to me and started questioning me i would tell him where to go. Trayvon had no obligation to answer that idiot or tell him his business. And if he punched first, Zimmerman deserved it but he had no right to fire a bullet into this kid's chest. And, this kid was a MINOR, legally still a child. Idiot Zimmerman gunned down an unarmed child. Those of you who aren't outraged by that are nuts.

Forum List

Back