🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New Years in Times Square costing millions

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
I lived not far from NYC in the good old days and it never appealed to me to freeze my ass off while mingling with drunks and pickpockets waiting for some electronic gizmo to drop at the stroke of the new year. Now the area which has become the symbol of freedom in the freeist Country in the world will have security checkpoints similar to 3rd world countries. No bags or packages or backpacks or bottles allowed and you will be scrutinized by uniformed officers. Too bad our southern border isn't patrolled as well as Times Square this evening. About a thousand NYPD officers will be collecting overtime pay as well as state and feds. The tab will be picked up by the taxpayers and it's a legacy of terrorism that we didn't expect.

Businesses are usually closed and some are boarded up on New Years eve. Watch out for dog crap though, bomb sniffing dogs will be all over the place.

Businesses are usually closed and some are boarded up on New Years eve. Watch out for dog crap though, bomb sniffing dogs will be all over the place.
I was the 1st of Oct. and was surprised how late they stayed open....We were at the W hotel, right next to the Rodgers Theater...

Forum List

Back