New York art critic shuns family and friends over politics

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
New York magazine’s veteran art critic Jerry Saltz advised his social media followers to “shun” anybody who has voted for Republican political candidates — even if they are “friends and family.”

“If you know anyone who voted Republican — including friends and family — you should shun them,” Saltz wrote on his Instagram page on Sunday.

“No need to even tell them that you are no longer communicating with them or why,” Saltz wrote. “You own it [sic] yourself, to them, your country, and any idea of moral damage.”

Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Glenn Greenwald weighed in: “Excising everyone in your life who has different political views than you — including your parents, siblings and children — seems like a very psychologically unhealthy thing to do.

“Doing that as a journalist seems fatal to the job, as well as psychologically ill,” Greenwald wrote.

“These people are insane,” another critic of Saltz added. “They believe every ounce of propaganda CNN and [the New York Times] throw at them and then feel they’re opinions are holier then thou.”

Comment:
That is an anti-social idea.
It seems to be rather drastic to shun family and friends over political differences.
He should just refrain from discussing politics with them.

New York magazine’s veteran art critic Jerry Saltz advised his social media followers to “shun” anybody who has voted for Republican political candidates — even if they are “friends and family.”

“If you know anyone who voted Republican — including friends and family — you should shun them,” Saltz wrote on his Instagram page on Sunday.

“No need to even tell them that you are no longer communicating with them or why,” Saltz wrote. “You own it [sic] yourself, to them, your country, and any idea of moral damage.”

Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Glenn Greenwald weighed in: “Excising everyone in your life who has different political views than you — including your parents, siblings and children — seems like a very psychologically unhealthy thing to do.

“Doing that as a journalist seems fatal to the job, as well as psychologically ill,” Greenwald wrote.

“These people are insane,” another critic of Saltz added. “They believe every ounce of propaganda CNN and [the New York Times] throw at them and then feel they’re opinions are holier then thou.”

Comment:
It seems to be rather drastic to shun family and friends over political differences.
The first thing a cult does it try to destroy family relationships

That way they have more control over you.

It's not rocket science. As a matter of fact, the people running these cults are usually average to below average intelligence.

Just ask someone who was once in Scientology and somehow managed to get out.

Comment:

I'm very fortunate that everyone in my family has good sense and most of my "friends" who are leftist vermin shunned me long ago. Then I moved to a very conservative part of the country and the new friends I am making are politically intelligent.

The peace and quiet in my life is tremendous.

The first thing a cult does it try to destroy family relationships

That way they have more control over you.

It's not rocket science. As a matter of fact, the people running these cults are usually average to below average intelligence.

Just ask someone who was once in Scientology and somehow managed to get out.

If the cultists were of average intelligence and above, they'd have figured out that the cult is a scam.

It took me one afternoon of going with my Scientologist friend to her "church" to know how cheap and flimsy their whole existence was.

Like anyone should care what some "waste of air" leftist art critic says.

Of course it does serve to point out what loons they are.

God, art critics are the worst parasites, right up there with doctors, lawyers and advertising executives.

Comment:

Is this different than what Scott Adams said in "staying away from black people"?

Forum List

Back