New York City going to let illegals vote

rightwinger
I doubt that. Only American citizens can vote in American elections. You sure like to ignore that fact.

Even green card holders can't vote in our election.

I'll just stand over here and laugh at you stupid ass.

So someone who pays local taxes and is a legal resident of a country should not be able to have any voice in the place he lives, works and his kids go to school?

Can you explain why you consider that stupid?
Because they are non citizens and you have to be a citizen to vote in any country that you live in--------citizens have a stake in the US doing well---foreigners just working here don't. Foreigners--get to vote in their own countries elections.

Its voter fraud. Counting illegal votes.
The the courts should throw out all election results if non-citizens are allowed to vote.

If NYC changes their rules, it becomes legal
What US law prohibits it?
What business is it of yours?

They can. A process that takes years or even decades. A time where they have absolutely no say in how they're kids are educated. Who will represent them if they're victim of a crime. Who there mayor is, etc. etc.

As I said they are here working, living, paying taxes and I have yet to see anyone who can come up with a decent reason they shouldn't be able to participate in choosing those that have a direct impact on their lives.

That's what you get for coming here VOLUNTARILY and being given a green card.

If you want to vote, become a Citizen.

I think they will lose the challenge. The NY constitution states who has to be given the right to vote, but it does not state that only those people can vote.

Only citizens can vote, it's the whole point of becoming a citizen.

It's not like we dragged green card holders here against their will, they knew what they were getting into.

They are watering down citizens votes with foreigners votes. All those chinese communists that xi has sent over should not be getting a vote here.
They are allowing legal residents to vote
Residents who own businesses, send their kids to school and pay taxes to NYC

They have a dog in the fight

Only citizens can vote, it's the whole point of becoming a citizen.

It's not like we dragged green card holders here against their will, they knew what they were getting into.

I understand your opinion and do not for the most part disagree with it, but the law is not based on our opinions.

So someone who pays local taxes and is a legal resident of a country should not be able to have any voice in the place he lives, works and his kids go to school?

Yes. They're criminals, dumbass. They aren't supposed to be here, period, dumbass.

No, they don't; Democrats just need them to stay above water in coming elections.

I am not really sure I approve and would not vote for it in my city, but I do also understand the logic behind allowing it to happen, and the logic is not really flawed

No, they don't; Democrats just need them to stay above water in coming elections.
What makes you think they will vote Democratic?
Many immigrants are very religious and conservative
Those immigrants who own businesses (many do in NYC) want a strong police force and low taxes

Last edited:
What makes you think they will vote Democratic?
Many immigrants are very religious and conservative

It is kind of interesting how the Repubs just assume none of these people will be drawn to their platform.

Forum List

Back