🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New York Embraces STUPID People Teaching Their Kids

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
New York Decides to scrap the Teacher Reading Comprehension Test because too many would-be teachers are failing instead of it (NY) up-holding standards.

Can anyone guess how this is going to turn out?

New York to scrap literacy test for teachers. Guess why. - Hot Air

"...it looks like the Empire State will be scrapping the examination because not enough people were passing it and the failure rates were deemed to be too heavily skewed along racial lines."

Does it really matter what race the stupid person (reading comprehension-challenged) is?

NY is accepting inferior teachers trying to teach children to a higher educational level, a level higher than they themselves have achieved...

No authoritarian system known to mankind has ever wanted to face an educated, coherent, critically thinking "rabble"; the founders included.

Did you miss the the part about the test being a poor predictor of who would make a good teacher? How can you trust reasoning that bashes the "skewed along racial lines" thesis, when the article itself is so skewed? Perhaps you need sources other than Hot Air, an outlet devoted to rather questionable or outright fake news that's very aptly named indeed.

It's not only New York. Teachers are pretty much stupid everywhere you find them. It's no coincidence they're almost all liberals.

It's not only New York. Teachers are pretty much stupid everywhere you find them. It's no coincidence they're almost all liberals.

You remind me of a saying I heard frequently when I was younger; "buy him books, send him to school, and all he wants to do is fuck the teacher".

California went through the same thing many years ago. they initially "demanded" that teachers demonstrate competence at a 12th grade level, but MOST of the "Black" and "Hispanic" teachers failed. (They did not lose their jobs - of course - but had to re-take the tests until they passed). Then they lowered it to a tenth grade level. Same result.

And so it goes.

Politicians LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE government employees, especially unionized government employees, and they will NEVER do anything that seriously threatens the jobs of government employees on the basis of competence, knowledge, or skill. If they are child rapists, maybe you can get rid of them, but that's about it.

When confronted by things like this, the Unions go into spasms of illogic and sophistry, trying to explain away the need to get rid of incompetents and morons. And a compliant press gives them space and respect as though they were not spouting nonsense. It is a sad thing indeed.

You remind me of a saying I heard frequently when I was younger; "buy him books, send him to school, and all he wants to do is fuck the teacher".
I think you have that backwards. Another thing teachers are known for besides being stupid.

California went through the same thing many years ago. they initially "demanded" that teachers demonstrate competence at a 12th grade level, but MOST of the "Black" and "Hispanic" teachers failed. (They did not lose their jobs - of course - but had to re-take the tests until they passed). Then they lowered it to a tenth grade level. Same result.

And so it goes.

Politicians LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE government employees, especially unionized government employees, and they will NEVER do anything that seriously threatens the jobs of government employees on the basis of competence, knowledge, or skill. If they are child rapists, maybe you can get rid of them, but that's about it.

When confronted by things like this, the Unions go into spasms of illogic and sophistry, trying to explain away the need to get rid of incompetents and morons. And a compliant press gives them space and respect as though they were not spouting nonsense. It is a sad thing indeed.
And the "capitalists" covet public funding, that's all privatization is about; the citizenry having no democratic voice in who the funding extracted from our labor goes to or how it is used. Corporate welfare couched otherwise.

I think you have that backwards. Another thing teachers are known for besides being stupid.

If you apply yourself more, perhaps you too can enjoy more sex.

If the article is true, it sounds as if the universities preparing these teachers have some 'splainin to do. Five years of college? Even in the sciences, students need to write papers once in awhile.
Either they're getting gypped on their college educations, or the tests are faulty.

If the article is true, it sounds as if the universities preparing these teachers have some 'splainin to do. Five years of college? Even in the sciences, students need to write papers once in awhile.
Either they're getting gypped on their college educations, or the tests are faulty.

Education in america has just become another business, a revenue stream to be exploited for maximal wealth extraction from society into private hands.

Education in america has just become another business, a revenue stream to be exploited for maximal wealth extraction from society into private hands.
All I know about is public universities, so I couldn't say, Fenton. Even they are aggressively seeking students (tuition) in order to stay afloat, have drastically lowered entrance standards, etc. etc. It's sad our society doesn't have more respect for learning, but look at all the above. No one gives a shit about knowledge in our country. It's an expensive four or five or more years of secret initiation so you can spend your life trying to get wealthy. The government pushes us so hard to move students through ASAP; keep giving those standardized tests for improved scores; it's all about stats in the end, that we need to meet in order to survive....and teach some more.

If you apply yourself more, perhaps you too can enjoy more sex.
Your teacher/student sexual fantasies are not healthy, Lum. Let's get back to the topic, ok? Perhaps getting rid of the Teacher's Union would be a good first step toward providing our children with a better education. Like every other liberal controlled institution, the most important hiring criteria is their political affiliation and our children pay the price with a substandard education.

All I know about is public universities, so I couldn't say, Fenton. Even they are aggressively seeking students (tuition) in order to stay afloat, have drastically lowered entrance standards, etc. etc. It's sad our society doesn't have more respect for learning, but look at all the above. No one gives a shit about knowledge in our country. It's an expensive four or five or more years of secret initiation so you can spend your life trying to get wealthy. The government pushes us so hard to move students through ASAP; keep giving those standardized tests for improved scores; it's all about stats in the end, that we need to meet in order to survive....and teach some more.

And yet, everything works quite nicely to turn out former students as debt peons with nonbankruptciable (yeah I know, I just coined it) debt. It is long past time we stop pretending there is some wall between corporate and Wall Street profits, public funding, corporate power/societal wealth extraction, and "education" in american society. It is long past time we stop pretending there is some wall between corporate and Wall Street profits, public funding, corporate power/societal wealth extraction, and our government. That is who our government serves, not "the people". The vote alone is mute at this point.

[...]

NY is accepting inferior teachers trying to teach children to a higher educational level, a level higher than they themselves have achieved...
This is all too true.

Back in the seventies, when we lived in Brooklyn, we knew a public school teacher, a big, fat, Black woman who could not speak proper English! Whenever we spoke with her I recall thinking how grateful I was for my parents' sacrifice to keep us in Catholic school -- even though my brother and I hated the regimented discipline. I later learned this woman was not at all the exception but that the New York Public School System was dominated by similar examples of Affirmative Action incompetents who managed to acquire an Ed. degree and become members of the powerful public school teachers' union.

I know I'll be denounced as a "racist" for saying this but facts are facts and what I've said is nothing but the truth.

Last edited:
New York Decides to scrap the Teacher Reading Comprehension Test because too many would-be teachers are failing instead of it (NY) up-holding standards.

Can anyone guess how this is going to turn out?

New York to scrap literacy test for teachers. Guess why. - Hot Air

"...it looks like the Empire State will be scrapping the examination because not enough people were passing it and the failure rates were deemed to be too heavily skewed along racial lines."

Does it really matter what race the stupid person (reading comprehension-challenged) is?

NY state requires that within 5 years, a credentialed teacher get their masters. Yeah...stupid people.......................................

Forum List

Back