🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New York OKs $15 minimum wage for fast-food workers

Great! I would of only applied it on the bigger chains and raised the overall minimum to 11 dollars/hour to keep the negative effects down...But, at the end of the day over the long term the demand will grow as more people have money in their pockets and more businesses will form. Sure, some will close as this was too fast and high.

Do you realize how much it cost to rent a studio apartment in NYC?

"A whole lot of fast food workers are going to end up on the unemployment line over the next few years."
What is the cost of living in New York?
Yeah, typical fear mongering whenever the MW is raised, I remember the same bullshit when it was raised to 7.25

Yet another reason why so many companies are moving to the Southern states. And so many Northern liberals...well...the smart ones....are also moving South, and then turning into conservatives.

"A whole lot of fast food workers are going to end up on the unemployment line over the next few years."
Yeah, typical fear mongering whenever the MW is raised, I remember the same bullshit when it was raised to 7.25

Yeah , um it's going to jump to $11 immediately it looks like, and if you don't think that is going to cause some issues. you're dumber than a box of rocks.

Yeah , um it's going to jump to $11 immediately it looks like, and if you don't think that is going to cause some issues. you're dumber than a box of rocks.
The fuck? What are you referring to?

15 bucks an hour for a hamburger flipper. you freaking bet. the schools don't even start you out at that pay where I live.

When you lose your job you can thank your government

Yet another reason why so many companies are moving to the Southern states. And so many Northern liberals...well...the smart ones....are also moving South, and then turning into conservatives.

You know though, the issue with fast food shouldn't even be an issue though. How embarrassing that those companies have to be FORCED to pay anywhere near a reasonable wage.

I own a restaurant. Our starting wage is $10 an hour. including waitstaff, and NO ONE stays at that wage long. We have a policy. If after 6 months you aren't worth giving a $1 an hour raise to, you're terminated. It's that simple.

EVERYONE gets their 40 hours a week, everyone has insurance, vacation, 401K, etc etc.

We , the owners, are doing fine, sure we're not squeezing every dime we could out of the place, but we are comfortable.

Meanwhile, fast food places pay , what $7.50 an hour? You get 30 hours a week and no benefits....

We hired a guy a couple weeks ago that had been working at a McDonalds in town. His first lunch break , he was told that the employees have a special menu they can order off, no charge, or they can order off the regular menu and pay half price.

We also give 20% discounts to employees when they are not working.

Anyway , he told us that at the McCrappies he worked at before they were allowed ONE meal half price while on the clock, and no discount when not on the clock.

Let's do a little math here. Let's assume that a McDonalds has 30 employees who work on any given day. Now let's assume (and this is a given) that a value meal costs the restaurant $2.

If they gave EVERY employee in the place one free meal per shift, it would cost them $60 a day to feed their employees.

But, no they can't do that, hell they can't even sell the food at COST, they have to make money off the employee meals as well.

That's pathetic.

I've ZERO sympathy for fast food joints.

mcdonalds-kiosk.png

Ah yes... Making it easier to be less than mediocre...

At what point did working in a fast food joint become something other than a job to get a little experience, learn about responsibility, learn about budgeting, getting cash for weed and dating through high school? That's all they've ever been designed for. Nothing more. Hell, if you want to go into management at McDonald's you have to go to Hamburger University!

Hamburger University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because companies are allowed to reintroduce new age slavery down here. That's why.

Ah yes... Making it easier to be less than mediocre...

At what point did working in a fast food joint become something other than a job to get a little experience, learn about responsibility, learn about budgeting, getting cash for weed and dating through high school? That's all they've ever been designed for. Nothing more. Hell, if you want to go into management at McDonald's you have to go to Hamburger University!

Hamburger University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It happened when capitalists bought the government and 20 or 30 year olds were forced to work at fast food franchises.

Forum List

Back